GBP Pre and Post Brexit

Hi there

I am fairly knowledgable on traditional & horary astrology, but a relative beginner with mundane astrology and am a bit stuck as to how to answer or establish a possible outcome to the following question:

"The value of our GBP has dropped significantly against other currencies since the Brexit decision, it has gained slightly in the last couple of weeks, however the question I am trying to delineate is this - "has it dropped as low as it will go or are there further losses to be expected once article 50 is triggered? And if so when is that likely to happen"

I am unsure which chart and method of astrology to use for this - any direction and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The difficulty is finding forex charts that go back far enough to see enough data. I did wonder if the strength of the UK pound GBP is linked to UK house prices, which may itself be a function of credit expansion.

This isn't astrology, but GBP:EUR has made a very clear Elliott wave five waves down from its top, and the fifth wave subdivides into a clear five waves also. Of course anything can happen and that doesn't exclude the possibility of another leg down, but it does suggest that the UK pound may go up against the Euro. Somebody asked a very interesting question, whether Elliott waves predicted Brexit (in the same way that they predict wars and election results, according to Robert Prechter's theory of Socionomics).

The UK pound has risen slightly since completing this wave pattern, and maybe it is forming a base from which it will throw up a long up move.

I wonder if the Uranus Pluto square in 16 degrees Aries/Capricorn, with Saturn's antiscion in 13 degrees Sagittarius, in January 2016, was associated with the UK pound falling through its support around 1.34? I think if so then the GBP:EUR might make an up move next week, from around the middle to the end of the week, maybe around Thursday 22nd.

I think Mars around 14 degrees Sagittarius at the beginning of September was associated with the small wave down, as its antiscion is 16 degrees Capricorn.

These are areas I associate with the UK housing market, and they do seem to resonate with GBP:EUR.

As for Brexit, I had to look up the date, 24th June. It seems like a distant memory. Looking at the GBP:EUR chart there was a sharp down move some time around then.

Hi Fleur

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this post, and the Elliott Wave theory is a fascinating possibility which I hadn't thought of and will definitely do a bit of research on.

In terms of the UK's astrology and its financial short, mid and long term future there is a lot of activity around the first quarter of 2017 in terms of transits, progressions and solar arc directions, all around the same time frame. Apparently the PM is expected to trigger Article 50 around this time frame and if so Pluto which rules the UK's 2nd house of finances is transiting the 4th house and will be opposing the Moon in the 10th which it also rules, in mundane astrology this signifies a number of important areas including the government, national employment figures, national trade, public focus etc. In addition to all the other activity with progressions and directions I think this looks like an interesting time frame to watch.

However the motivation for my original post was one of genuine interest which chart I should use to try to predict whether the UK's currency may fall around the time of Article 50 being triggered. Is it what I've been looking at the UK national chart and the activity around that or is it the Brexit chart? Not sure so if anyone has any suggestions this would be really helpful. Alternatively would Horary be suitable for such a question?

Thanks again Fleur I'll definitely check out the Elliott wave theory.

Astrology is the best way, really the only way, to time things, but Elliott waves are a good visual clue. I just looked at the Wikipedia explanation of Elliott waves https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_wave_principle
and realised that wave C's subdivide into five waves, giving even more credence to that last leg down in GBP:EUR being a C wave, and also that going back more years - I need to find the longer term chart I was looking at - the wave down from about July 2015 looks itself to be a C wave from the very top. So the GBP could really be getting ready for a big up move.

Watching gbp eur fall scarily. I wonder if the Mercury station to direct which is still within one degree of 14 degrees Virgo is behind what is happening, if the station itself is part of the retrograde? I wonder if GBP is testing the lows to make a double bottom......or if it will slide further? It is an important currency, it can't go into oblivion, this isn't some third world currency.

I wonder how exactly the Mercury station to direct works? Whether the retrograde is intensified until Mercury has cleared the exact degree of the station by something like 1 degree, or cleared 14 degrees Virgo by one degree?

I wonder if the effects of the Mercury station were delayed a couple of days? I remember chatting to somebody with a very good instinct for and a lot of experience with financial markets and he said you should expect delays between cause and financial market effect.

And apparently the Mexican Peso against the US dollar turned sharply up exactly at the debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, and is being ascribed to Donald Trump saying he would build a wall across the border with Mexico. The Mexican Peso has been falling against the US dollar for years. I looked at it on a long term chart and it is very probably just a blip of a one day move.

I don't know much about these things, but the synchronicity of it pricked my ears up and made me wonder if it is related to GBP EUR? And if it is also related to Mercury turning direct last Thursday?