New astrology app for the iPad

Hi all,

I'd like to let forum users and lurkers know that a new commercial astrology app is available for the iPad.

Recent additions: Solar and Lunar returns - with relocation/precession-corrected.

I have asked for my website to be listed on SkyScript (Chart Calculation Tools for astrology) but to no avail. Am I being impatient? Are only established sites listed? I emailed Deb: 09/09/2016.

For those who would like a free copy please see:

http://astroconnexions.com/promo-codes/

enquiries to: roger@astroconnexions.com

thanks

Roger

I had a look at your link. Lovely clear charts that clearly show the exact degrees and minutes of a planet; I find it frustrating when astrologers use charts that you have to guess these from their position in the sign, as I use very tight orbs to qualify for an aspect.

One question that immediately came to my mind was does your software deal with Phaethon? I do not mean the asteroid, I mean the point described in the book "Dark Stars" by Raymond Henry (Eric Morse) and Bernard Fitzwalter. It has an ephemeris in the back of the book, but it is difficult to extrapolate it before and after the dates given, and also it would be nice for it to automatically come up in charts.

There is a thread in this forum where somebody says some major astrological software company was trying to work with one of these authors to provide a computerised ephemeris and to be able to insert it into their charts. This was some time ago and I haven't heard anything since.

I have a mini iPad 2 which I am often amazed at its cleverness. It is lovely to be able to carry so much information around with me.

Hi Fleur

Glad you like the charts.

AstroConnexions does not have Phaethon. I have recently included some asteroids and other points such as EP, and Lilith.

I'll investigate your Phaethon links. I would be able to include it in AC if I can get an ephemeris listing for it.

I use the Swiss Ephemeris for my calculations and haven't seen this point mentioned.

cheers

Roger

I'm a longtime student of astrology and mostly lurk here to soak up information, and I have a habit of checking in a couple of times a year to see if there is any new software mentioned that I'm interested in.

Thank you so much for posting here about your iOS app! I am a Mac and iPad user (but Android phone user), and have been struggling for years to find an easy, affordable, and attractive software solution. Astro Connexions hits a lot of check marks I'm currently looking for, and I will be buying it as soon as I'm done posting this. Despite doing yet another search recently for astrology apps, I didn't come across yours in the app store or on the web elsewhere. I wouldn't have found you but for your post here on Skyscript.

I'm hoping your app might work well for me as a portable app, and as a solid astrology program in general until I can a) finally figure out Delphic Oracle, and/or b) afford to buy and install software someday to easily run Windows programs like Solar Fire or Janus.

For reference, I have held off on purchasing the somewhat similar (in broad feature set) Astro Gold because I just wasn't sure about it. I don't care for the chart aesthetics, nor how chart data is displayed (no easy way to see a retrograde planet in the data list, etc). Your app looks so promising: lovely clear chart drawings, a wealth of customizable settings, a very informative website with tutorials and videos, and lots of useful features. I was pleased to see profections in the recently added list.

Thanks again!