A World On Fire-The Big Picture 2016

With so many episodes of terrorism across the planet astrologers are starting to ask themselves what is the bigger picture?

Sure we can look at event charts, ingress charts or national charts to explain this or that episode.

However, this seems to be assuming something global. Certainly looking at mounting episodes in the USA, Europe and the Middle east.

So I thought I would open up this thread to discuss what people think might explain this period of excessive violence on the planet. Of course there have been world wars and pandemics before with far larger fatalities but we do seem to be going through a very difficult phase on a planetary level.

Please note I am looking for astrological logic here. If you happen to be a believer in 'End Times' and an apocalyptic time lines I respect your religious beliefs but I would rather this discussion was confined to just astrology.

Obvious themes one might explore that occur to me are planetary cycles and the malefics transiting fixed stars. But feel welcome to offer whatever you like.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark,

i agree with you in that this appears to be planetary in scope and there are no easy astrological answers for this.

i hate breaking astrology down into traditional and modern perspectives, but it seems to me one either finds an answer in the jupiter/saturn conjunction cycles in collaboration with the mars/saturn conjunction cycles, ingress charts and etc, or one is left with the modern approach of outer planetary cycles.

i have talked about the saturn/pluto conjunction coming up in 2020 and of course the jupiter/saturn conjunction that happens next is also in 2020.. this year we do have a mars/saturn conjunction which happens to be very close to the sun/pluto opposition in the jupiter/saturn conjunction chart from 2000... if one wants to leave pluto out of it, the mars/saturn conjunction this year is opposite the sun/mars conjunction in the 2000 ju-sa conjunction chart, regardless of the place one sets this chart on the planet.

i suppose it is all idle speculation on my part, but i do think a synthesis of all the different astrological approaches available in 2016 is difficult to acquire, especially when astrologers sometimes like to be seen wearing hats with a particular logo on it that says what form of astrology they are routing for..

it seems this saturn in sag transit is highlighting the idea of religion and religious tolerance, or lack thereof.. no one cycle, or combo of planets, placement and etc. is going to explain where we are at here as i see it. and there are probably other cycles that we are incapable of seeing that are probably at work here too that make doing astrology and looking for answers a bit of a fools game that gives mediocre results when it comes to mundane astrological inquiry.. everyone here likes to do it, but needs to keep in mind astrology is just one window into understanding the world we live in, out of many. my 2c. thanks.

Yuzuru wrote:
Mars and saturn are dancing in the sky around antares.

And the jupiter saturn cycle is making its dance, blowing the winds of the GC of 2020, as they blew in the 1930s...
Good points even if terse in classic Yuzuru style!

The connection between fixed stars and transiting planets is something some of us have noted for years. And the deterioration in world affairs and the presence of both malefics amongst the malefic stars of the constellation of Scorpius is surely no coincidence. Antares is a royal star, and is traditionally 'the rival of mars' and 'the fire star. The last time Saturn was on Antares was in 1986 and coincided with the Chernobyl accident. We still await the next Mars-Saturn conjunction on August 24th this year.

In regards the Jupiter-Saturn cycle we had the last waning square this May with the next conjunction in 2020. Looking at history the last waning square of the J-C conjunction in the 1930s was in 1936 which saw the outbreak of the Spanish civil war , the German occupation of the Rhineland, the abdication of the King Edward VII, and the start of Stalin's purges in the Soviet Union. The following year saw the Sino-Japanese war. Although, conventional histories date the outbreak of World War from 1939 or 1941 its origins can be traced back further. Looking at the J-C cycle is certainly a rewarding topic for further research. Not least as not all periods of the waning J-C square have been as problematic so why now?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

mark -- there is astrology supporting end times and singularity ... which is our relationship to galactic edge and center ... we entered astronomcal epoch 2000.0 late in 1999 -- I like 1999.9.9 ... which is the time when solsticial precession aligned with the galactic edge. And since the Maya were devotees of the intersection of the ecliptic and the galactic edge 21DEC2012 was the end of the 13th baktun and beginning of 14th baktun. The last 13 katuns (20 year periods) of the 13th Baktun encompass us history from the birth of the American flag -- Betsy Ross completed it late May early june 1776 ... the Katun clocked in June 2, 1776 running the final 13 katuns of the 13th Baktun which completed the Fifth Mayan Great age of 51xx years -- all five of them add up to the totality of the 25,000+ year Great Platonic Year of the Precessional Circle ... which synchs in (for the as above so below phenom) with the cycle of the Ice Ages ... the Russians hold the current global warming precedes a sudden deep freeze

While we precessed to the d/m/s of the galactic edge epoch 2000.0 we will precess to the exactitude of the d/m/s of the galactic center about the NEXT pluto ingress Capricorn circa winter solstice 2227 AD ...

I believe that since epoch 2000.0 begin we terrestials have had increasing influence from galactic forces -- gravitational, magnetic, etc which has intensified the effect of the interplanetary systemic forces, pushing things to extreme ... increasing every annual revolution with a doppler effect when it will drop off suddenly after exactitude ... this I consider to be the singularity that is appearing in our folk lore and legend
Last edited by SGFoxe on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuzuru wrote:
Almost all periods of the aspects have been problematic, at least in this GC, for instance the last trine between J and S was in the ecnomical crash of 2008
Well we were discussing the waning square not the trine. But if your view is that any aspectual contact is difficult fair enough.

Surely just as crucial as the aspectual relationships though is the actual sign placements by dignity of Jupiter and Saturn during the cycle?

Look at the last Jupiter-Saturn waning square in 1995. That doesn't seem like anything as troubled a period as now. Indeed the mid 1990s was a period of economic boom for North America , Europe & China. One explanation was that Jupiter was in its domicile of Sagittarius disposting Saturn in Pisces.

On the other hand during the Jupiter-Saturn trine of 2008 Jupiter was in its sign of fall in Capricorn and disposited by Saturn.

Looking at the current period Jupiter is disposting Saturn in Sagittarius. But its power to mitigate the malefic influence of Saturn is greatly reduced as Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo.

However, I do note that Jupiter was in Sagittarius and Saturn in Pisces during the waning squares of 1936 just as in the mid 1990s. How do we explain this difference in effect? One possible explanation for the disruptive nature of the waning square in 1936 compared to 1995 was the solar phase of these planets at the time of the square. In 1936 both Jupiter and Saturn were occidental of the Sun (ie in the waning phase). At the time of the 1936 square Jupiter was closely combust the Sun. In contrast in the waning square of 1995 both Jupiter and Saturn were oriental of the Sun (ie waxing phase) and free of combustion.

Mark

The Big Picture

Hi Mark - for me the following chart sums it up. It is the chart for the Baton Rouge shootings. I won't focus on this as a specific event, but the big dynamics within the chart show the wider issues.

For me, the big focus is Uranus cnj Eris. This is deepening people's anger and sense of injustice. Eris is new, but this conjunction is sharpening our understanding of this transpersonal planet.

The aspect picture shows the 8H (manifesting aspects).
Saturn is very close to fixed star Antares. This planet is then in hard aspect to the close Uranus-Eris conjunction and square to Neptune. Neptune is aligned to the nodal axis and has been in opposition with Jupiter for some time. The Sun triggers the Saturn configuration at Baton Rouge.

The following chart is for the vote in Parliament to renew Trident (18 July 2016, 22:00, Hansard). You can see the same pattern playing out in this chart set for Westminster. Whatever your views on Trident, the vote was taken at a moment just after Saturn moved across the MC triggering the whole pattern.
The chart for the opening of the debate at 4:15PM is worth a look too - Mars rising, nodal axis culminating.

For me this time is all about the idea that the contradictions in globalised culture, politics, thought and economics cannot be contained any longer. I feel that the intellectual, cultural, economic and political divisions that are occurring cannot and will not be resolved using the existing approaches and ideas. The resolution will only come in time as new 'paradigms' or visions of culture, politics, economics and ideas emerge.

This process, it seems to me, will intensify over the summer, and the eclipse on 1 September 2016 looks very forbidding. The chart below is set for London. You will see that Mars enters the fray again. The whole period, for two weeks before the eclipse, and for one week after, could be extremely challenging.
The tension in this eclipse chart is all too obvious.

Although the eclipse is not visible in the UK, the aspects to the MC in London are very clear. The eclipse path (see below) crosses Africa, just south of the equator. The proximity to the equator suggests to me that the eclipse , although not total, will be of great import across the world. You will see how it picks up the features of the Baton Rouge chart that I have identified.
I see this as only the beginning of a process that will continue with Pluto square Eris in a few years time.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

An interesting article by the American astrologer Naomi Bennett.

Her perspective is examining previous mutable grand cross configurations in the early 1930s and 1960s as well as the contemporary situation. Her analysis is restricted to the US. She also examines the transiting nodes in Virgo-Pisces, the forthcoming out of bounds Mars and the Mars-Saturn conjunction on Antares in August. Also discussed are forthcoming eclipses.

http://learnastrologynow.com/great-mutable-cross-2016/

Mark

Mark That article you suggested is very interesting. ALso, even though Trump has leo rising, he is a mutable sign candidate with the sun and Uranus is Gemini and his moon is Sagittarius. I don't know who will win the election but I firmly believe it will be closer than what people think. Also, if Hillary is elected president, she will have transiting Uranus squaring her sun in about 2 years into her term