Anyone use Zodiacal Release with a Sidereal Zodiac?

My usual predictive method is Solar and Lunar return charts, which work well for me.

After hearing an astrologer I respect wax eloquent about Zodiacal Release, I looked into it. The technique seems simple enough (If slightly tedious to hand calculate).

I was wondering if anyone uses this (or other *Hellentistic* (not interested in Vedic dashas etc in the context of *this* question) time lord procedures with a Sidereal Zodiac.

There is a lot of discussion on this in the "Traditional" subforum, but I found some old threads attacking people who used Sidereal zodiacs posting there.

Hence the question here.

Any experience reports appreciated, no matter how fragmentary.

Thanks in advance,

Yes, I use Zodiacal Releasings and I direct the Hyleg thorough the bounds as the Hellenes did when looking at broad chunks of the native's life.

I posted in the George Patton thread and there I outlined my general approach to yearly happenings:
In Patton's case, we have some good indications in the sidereal zodiac when we regard his death: the ASC and Moon were in the bounds of 8th lord Jupiter via primary direction at the time of death, while the Sun was in Saturn's. With Patton's Hyleg, the ASC, in the bounds of either Mars or Saturn at birth, both angular, and in aspect with Venus, we are looking at ~60 years for his length of life (due to the maximum years of Saturn being 57, and Mars 66). The profection fell in Taurus in 1945, and Venus is in the 8th sign opposed to Saturn in Gemini. I read that Patton died in part from fluid in the lungs, clearly an opposition from Saturn in Gemini is relevant. We can say that this year in particular was going to be hard on Patton (and we could venture fatal when we regard that the Alcocoden isn't saying much more than middle age being ruled by either on of the malefics) as Venus is being overcome by both malefics in the revolution. Patton died in the second month of his year when the monthly profection fell into Gemini, activating natal Saturn with transiting Saturn present too. Interestingly, he had his accident as Saturn ingressed into Gemini on the 7th of December and while transiting Venus was being overcome by natal Mars to the degree.
As I said there, I see the Sidereal zodiac working out far more precisely and descriptively when using these ancient techniques.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Thanks Konrad

I'll search for the Patton thread.
(Still new to the forum, not sure what goes where, I generally use Google to search within)

Your positive experience is very encouraging, and in my limited experience, seems to be part of a pattern where classical/medieval techniques (solar/lunar returns) work better in sidereal zodiacs.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!

Hey

I just started working through Valens, and have quite a way to go before I can talk about ZR etc in any useful fashion.

Still, the offer is appreciated, and when I've mastered ZR, I'll get in touch.

Cheers,

Clearing Astrologies fundamentals

In the mentioned Thread was mentioned a planet or a group of planets being in their dignities signifying a 'strong' chart,
While the converse signifying a 'weak' chart.

That leaves Room for clarification on that matter.
How is a strong chart defined and how id a weak one defined?

In our time many website dedicate themselves to astrology some even allow for Calculations on-line, how do they solve that issue?

Take http://www.astrosofa.com e.g one of the nicer Websites, well organized, pleasant to look at.
They offer all kind of Astrological predictions. Has anyone used them to double check their own?