Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Astrological Dating of the Cataclysmic Deluge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicki

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Origin Map" Discovery of a Prehistoric, Megalithic, Astrophysical Map and Sculpture of the Universe by Thomas G Brophy.

Reading this book is better than quoting unreliable Wikipedia.

I never suggested that James Kennett made any reference to the Age of Leo.

I am not a "true believer" (if you're suggesting that applies to me). I don't believe anything.

I leave this thread now. I have made my point.
waybread

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, of course, you'll have to suit yourself. Brophy apparently has credentials as an astrophysicist, but not in archaeology. He is currently teaching at the California Institute for Human Science, which is an alternative campus billing itself as:

Quote:
For almost two decades, CIHS has been conducting research on the healing applications of subtle energy by integrating science with spirituality. CIHS is grounded in the premise that human beings are composed of a biological, mental and spiritual dimension. The Institute’s main goal is to provide an education that integrates the three dimensions of the human being. The major aim of our academic programs is to study the body, mind, and spirit as an integrated whole.

Which is fine, but it doesn't sound objective. I couldn't find that it was accredited by the WASC http://www.acswasc.org/

Brophy's book apparently couldn't pass an academic peer review. Had you not decided to leave the site, I would have been willing to track down the more recent work by the University of Colorado scientists.

I'm not saying that Brophy is or is not correct. But my hope is that as astrologers, we become more discerning critical thinkers, because there is so much woo-woo stuff out there.
Mark

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this news item might be of interest in the context of this thread:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/21/ancient-stone-carvings-confirm-comet-struck-earth-10950bc-wiping/

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: