Dodekatemoria - Mundane Method

I am aware there are other threads on this topic but I cannot find my answer therein.

I know about the Egyptian and Pauline methods (which I use) and I thought there were just the two methods.

However in recent days I have come across another method known as the "mundane" method. I have contacted my Software Help twice but I am still none the wiser. I have looked all over the net to no avail.

I don't like to rely slavishly on computer calculations. I need to know the methodology behind this method.

I wouldn't have bothered myself but for the fact that the method has revealed some very startling results in my own chart which makes me consider the possibility that it may have some merit.

Is anyone here aware of this method and how it is calculated?

Does this help?

From http://astrologycritics.com/essays-on-astrology.html/3

Dodekatemoria: An Ancient Technique Reexamined

There are three types of dodekatemoria. The third type is used by Hand and can be computed in this way (in the book you will find a more difficult method, I found this much simple way): add to the position of the planet a sum equal with 12x (degrees in sign for the planet).

For example, you have the Moon at 7 degrees in Sagittarius. Calculate:

7(degrees in sign)x12 =84 and add this value (84) to the initial position (7 in Sagittarius) and 247+84=331 = 1 degree in Pisces (this dodekatemoria for the Moon).

Attention! Convert all degrees and minutes to decimal degrees , for example, 7 degrees and 30 minutes will become 7,5.

I think this theory has some bases, I calculated for my chart and each planet dodekatemoria is in a point that I remarked for a long time to have special energies. This surprised me! It seems to work?

Thank you Skyrack

I've seen that link and I don't know why the author refers to it as a third method because it is the correct application of the Paulus method and the one I use. Like you I have found it to be very accurate.

However this is not the "mundane" method.

These are examples from my own chart of what my software describes as dodekatemoria by the mundane method:-

The Moon at 4 Leo 58 has its dodeckatemorion at 22 Taurus 13

The Sun at 20 Taurus 13 has its dodeckatemorion at 18 Aquarius 50

Can't figure this out at all !

Thanks again Skyrack.

Another software company offering this option then ! The clue seems to be in it being described as the mundane method as opposed to the ecliptic method.

I've never heard of it, but I agree that "mundane" suggests it's somehow based on ascensional degrees or something related. The longitiude of your birth chart or some examples from a publicly available chart would be necessary to test this hypothesis out. By the way, which software is giving you this option?