mundane astro symbols - mercury

i wonder how many follow world events and make connections between the astro and an event? i am thinking of the assassination of andreay karlov a few days ago and the astro symbolism of the mercury conjunct pluto, but equally or more interesting, is the station of mercury going retro about 9 hours beforehand, although still on the same degree and minutes at 15 cap 07? it seems to me that mercury is a good symbol for diplomats and ambassadors.. i can't help but think this event is an important one in the wider scheme of things given this close mercury/pluto conjunction that coincides with the station of mercury in the process of going retrograde..

it seems to me that a strange confluence of dynamics are at work which leave more questions then answers at this point..

i have updated the post i made on this event inside the thread on turkey for anyone interested in seeing more astro analysis on it.. i note the position of the nodal axis in relation to the chart below and how it connects directly with the eclipse data which i and others have considered here as well.. i see i have spelt andrei's name incorrectly on the chart i provide for this event down below.. my apologies for this..

here is the chart for the timing of this event as given by wikipedia here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassina ... rei_Karlov

free upload

James I consider event charts to tell us a great deal:-

Mercury?s station at 15 Capricorn 7 is within 6 arc minutes of the Star Manubrium associated with explosions and the Moon?s next application is to Mercury.
I have written on another thread about the Saturn/Pluto antiscion which was exact for the second time this year on the star Manubrium at the time of the US election.
Mercury on Manubrium conjoining Pluto obviously very volatile.
Mercury rules the MC which is exactly on Hyades ? a very difficult placement.
Neptune opposes the ascendant, symbolic of death, other indications being present. Also the antision of Jupiter, ruler of the Part of Fortune conjoins Neptune.
Vulcan at 23 Sag 22 conjoins the Part of Fortune.
Lord 8 Mars opposes Transpluto. Lot of Spirit conjoins Algol ? always present at such times.

I assume everybody here knows the chart of 9/11 with Mercury rising?

I have been puzzling over Mercury too, as it seems to be absolutely key in the charts of serial killers, timing their crimes and their capture, and always involved natally in the sort of aspects that I associate with poisonousness when Venus, Mars and the Sun are involved. I don't think I have identified the precise signature, but Mercury is definitely active in these cases.

For a planet that astrologers only associate with communication this seems strange, but Mercury crops up again and again in these situations.

In the assassination chart, the Moon's antiscion is 15 degrees Aries 49 minutes, in the eighth house, squaring the Mercury Pluto conjunction. The Moon is also conjunct the Ascendant, squaring Mercury's antiscion at 14 degrees Sagittarius 53 minutes, and Pluto's antiscion at 13 degrees Sagittarius 29 minutes.

Also, Uranus is in the eighth house, and its antiscion 9 degrees Virgo 25 minutes is conjunct the Ascendant and opposition Neptune on the Descendant, and Jupiter's antiscion 10 degrees Pisces 19 minutes.

thanks curtis.. i had thought of that too.. hard to know where the world is going late 2016 but it looks more scary then it ever has in my living memory.. hopefully it is just that i am getting old! one obvious astro parallel between the 2 events astrologically is mars approaching a conjunction on the south node in both event charts.. there are a number of astro parallals actually, but unlike the mercury/pluto here, in the arch bishops assassination, mercury is stationary direct 4.9 days in, with a close conjunction to neptune, as opposed to pluto in this event chart.. interesting comparing the charts.. below is a biwheel of the 2 events.

image hoster

thanks vicki. i had forgotten some of that astro data you had shared with us previously..

thanks feur.. indeed mercury is rising in the 9-11 event chart.. a pattern in all three charts cited here is mars on the south node - something still in effect for the next week or so here..

i think mercury is a pivotal planet in many respects, and the astrologers planet in some respects, depending how far one wants to go with the symbology!