question on fixed stars

Hello Everyone,

While working on my newborn nephew's chart, I saw his Moon at a little over 15 degrees of Capricorn, with two fixed stars - Manubrium and Vega - conjunct to it. Anybody out there have experience of these stars? They're so close together, this conjunction must occur pretty regularly.

Thanks!

Chris

Fixed stars

Hello Aries
Before you took a lot of conclusions I would want to say to take a little care about the stars, because a lot of their lore is now confusing. Also their lore is in general pretty fatalist !
And the moon has a lot of importance because is a luminar, but it moves too quick, so I have doubt that a conjunction with any stars have that great big a deal... moon is conjunct Algol once a month, for example, and natives don?t loose their heads (that we know about it !) :-)
And remember to keep an close orb. (15?) and that in most cases, stars are secondary influence, after all forms of delineation.

You should see (supposing you haven`t yet) http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/ it is in the links seccion of skyscript.

Hope that was hepful and not old news :-)
Yuzuru

Yuzuru,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not at the point of drawing conclusions about the fixed stars, just interested in their role and place. John Frawley uses an example of the fixed stars in "The Real Astrology" when analyzing Hitler's chart, so of course I couldn't resist looking at them myself :)

As you pointed out, they are confusing in their meanings as well as highly fatalistic, so I'm thinking that their potential use is more to fill in a portrait that has already been well-established through analyzing the natal chart. Frawley mentions Vivian Robson's book on fixed stars in his bibliography, which I've ordered and I have seen the web site you pointed me to. Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts.

Chris

The Top

Using nativities, I also look at them for fun, but they are not always clear :-)
But remember that there are a few top models who are really important if they show up in a natal chart: algol, spica, antares, aldebaran, sirius,formalhalt, regulus and a few more.. in general they say a lot about the native?s life and death, and can give great glory or disaster.
Mister Y

Robson's work is a "must have" for traditonal astrologers, but as with anything else in astrology caution must be exercised or as Lilly says, Mix disretion with art."

The brighter the magnitude, the stronger the influence. In nativities stars can color the chart particularly if they are on the ASC or MC. My own experience, and I emphasize this is purely me, not something I've read by a legitimate authority, is that stars conjunct planets do not seem to have the same impact that they do when conjunct an angle. There are exceptions of course. It pays to keep in mind that the influence of a star as given, by say, Robson, can be overridden by other factors in the chart. Everyone with Algol on the ASC does not end up beheaded or even becoming a persistant hysteric.

The stars are important, and should never be ignored, just be careful.

Tom

That?s interesting. Have you guys practiced of what says at this site:
http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/usingstars.htm
?Precession of the stars: The fixed stars cannot be progressed or arced. However they do precess forward in the zodiac at the approximate rate of 50.23 seconds of arc per year, the same as roughly eight minutes every ten years, or one degree every 72 years. In 100 years they precess at approximately 1degree23 minutes or 83 minutes (or 84).
1. If a natal planet is at a slightly higher longitude figure in a separating conjunction to a star, that star will precess to a conjunction, giving the energy field of that planet a superimposed profile and brings changes into the life corresponding to the influences of the particular star.
For example, if you were born in 1950 and had a planet at 23Libra50, that planet would be in a separating conjunction with Spica at 23Libra05. In the year 2000, Spica would precess, like a very slow moving transit, to conjunct that planet.
Examples:
#John Travolta (born Feb 18 1954, 2.53 PM, EST, Englewood) has Jupiter conjunct Rigel which brings honor, riches, glory and renown. His natal Jupiter is at 16Ge32. Travolta became an instant success with the release of the film Saturday Night Fever, in Dec 1977. Rigel had precessed to the minute of his Jupiter.
#Robert Kennedy (born Nov 20 1925 3.11 PM, EST, Brooklyn) had Pluto at 14Cancer30. When he was born, Canopus was at 13Can57. Canopus, when linked to the outer planets, has associations with violent, public and sudden death. When he was assassinated in 1968, Canopus had precessed to 14Can30, and conjuncted his Pluto to the minute. ?

Does anyone have strong Spica influence over chart? I have Spica and Arcturus on ACS, 23Lib50. Don?t feel that ?continuous happiness? actually. May be because of Saturn?s sextile to Moon and square to Mercury (though, in some reception by terms and faces).
As it says, to have star active needs to have associate planets strong in the chart. So, Jupiter and Venus are relates to Spica. Jupiter is weak in my chart and Venus is very strong - in Taurus, in 7th, ruling ACS. So far, may be just ?protective? influence of those stars had happened few times, escaping of some adversities, dangerous situations, etc.

A sense of humor may be common for Spica on ACS.
LMAO :
Laughing My Ass Off
Land Mail Art Objects
Laughing My Arse Off
Laughing My Ankles Off
Laughing My Ahem Off
Laughing My Assets Off