GC as centre fixed point

Hello and happy new year :)

I have been reading all I can find about the galactic centre as a centre fixed point in astrology as it does make sense to me in a logical way that this centre is indeed a fixed point for our galaxy, everything revolves around it.

I've found a few things to read but have not seen any kind of research into this. But I am now testing this for myself, using galactic centre mid mula as a fixed point ayanamsa for my sidereal zodiac astrology and sidereal solar returns. The ayanamsa is about 4 degrees off from what I normally use, the Fagan Bradley ayanamsa...so extensive testing is needed.

There's some material on the Galactic Centre in the book Mundane Astrology by Michael Baigent, Nicholas Campion and Charles Harvey

Ecliptical positions -

1st Jan 2100 Sagittarius 28d 15m
1st Jan 2050 Sagittarius 27d 33m
1st Jan 2017 Sagittarius 27d 05m
1st Jan 1950 Sagittarius 26d 09m
1st Jan 1900 Sagittarius 25d 27m
1st Jan 1800 Sagittarius 24d 04m
1st Jan 1700 Sagittarius 22d 40m

MW
"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly

Thanks for those inputs.

Saturn is approaching the Galactic Centre and hangs around on that Street Corner for several months.

We could see Saturn on steriods. Saturn in Sagittarius?

Ideology going to go Mad ?

Oh? Er?

Or is it Saturn going to be humbled ?

H

I don't know if this helps or not in finding a meaning to the Galactic Center, but in Hindu Astrology, the Galactic Center is located in the Nakshatra, or Lunar Mansion, of Mula, "the root." Mula is ruled by Nirriti, the Goddess of destruction. It has the power to ruin or destroy. Its basis above is breaking things apart (barhana shakti). Its basis below is crushing things.

Varahamahira, an ancient sage in his Brihat Samhita says that Saturn while in Mula brings about famine, war and drought.

Cheers,
D.

Hello Rocko and Lifestudent

I don't think this is really the place for this discussion, so we might get a slap on the wrists soon. I've posted quite a lot of stuff about this in the past, a ew years ago, but can't find it with search tool.

Try this on galactic equator and centre:
http://www.biopscinst.com/bpi/precess6.html#beyond

Bulgerin suggests using GC as 0 point for a "hyper-zodiac" which would be based not on our sun's ecliptic but on the galactic equator. That makes sense to me.

But since we're working with our locla planets and solar system, I find the best 0 point, to consider as defining the centre of Mula, is the not the GC, but the north galactic node - one of the two (opposite) intersections of galactic equator with the ecliptic, about 3? later on the ecliptic than the GC's perpendicular projection.

According to astronomers Jean Meuss and Sergey Smelyakov, the NGN was at 0? Capricorn tropical (i.e. at 270?) in May 1998. Other astronomers have put it in October 1998, but the difference is minimal.

It was reading John Addey's "Harmonics in Astrology" that I had the idea of using the glactic nodes (intersections with ecliptic) as the fixed point for sidereal. He pointed out that the starting point must be the intersection of a great circle, as the VP is, not just a star or a point. The reasons for putting it at 6?40 Sg (mid Mula) are too long to go into (but the basic hunch is probably similar to why Lifestudent is putting the GC there. In any case, there is general agreement that the glactic equator crosses in early Sag/Gem.

Putting it at 6?40 Sg gives chart positions 30'15" further than Lahiri, about 25' more than Krishnamurti, about halfway between Lahiri and Bhasin/Krushna, very close to Babylon Kugler 3 (available in Swiss ephemeris based programs). I find it works well.

If you want to try it, you can use an offset of 30'15" from Lahiri, or SVP at 8?Pi02'17" in 1900 (Solar Fire), or ayanamsa of 23?20' in May 1998 (e.g. in Delphic Oracle), or try Babylon Kugler 3 if you can't do a custom ayanamsa (positions will be about 13' short).

Graham