Pluto and nuclear energy?

I have noticed in passing that major genius discovery scientists like Tesla with his Pluto rising,
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Tesla,_Nikola
tend to have Pluto prominent, but otherwise I have struggled to find anything, given that birth times are sometimes unavailable. I was curious what is astrologically associated with nuclear power, and it does indeed seem to be about Pluto, though the patterns are more complicated.

Ernest Rutherford originally split the atom sometime in 1917. I can't find a more precise date. His natal Pluto is 19 degrees Taurus 50 minutes.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Rutherford,_Ernest

I noticed that on 6th October 1917, Pluto is 5 degrees Cancer 31 minutes and Uranus is 20 degrees Aquarius 01 minutes, and the Moon's mean North Node is 5 degrees Capricorn 45 minutes. So Pluto is conjunct the Moon's South Node and forms a 135 degree sesquiquadrate aspect to Uranus. And Uranus is squaring Ernest Rutherford's natal Pluto; the Astrodatabank chart does not give a time of birth for Rutherford, so maybe Pluto is natally strong in his chart?

Also, on 26th April 1986, the date of the Chernobyl disaster, Pluto was 6 degrees Scorpio and Uranus 22 degrees Sagittarius, which form a 135 degree sesquiquadrate.

Uranus Pluto does seem to describe splitting the atom?

Discovery of nuclear fission - that happened later, not in 1917.
It was on 16/17 December 1938 in Berlin - done by Otto Hahn (and his assistant Lise Meitner).
Ruherford was not the first to split an atom - he was able to transform an atomic nucleus - surely a big step.
Hahn was born in Frankfurt am Main, March 8, 1879, 23:15 LMT (however also the time of 23:45 can be found). AC Scorpio.
The first chain reaction was realized in 1941, Chicao. As far as I know there's a time which seems quite reliable.
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

hi fleur,

i think there is a connection with pluto and nuclear energy, and pluto and a bunch of other things too, but i am a fan of using pluto which not everyone is.

i continue to believe the best way to study astrology is to work with known birth times, if you are using birth charts, or specific times when using event charts and etc. etc. this way, you are able to study it better.. otherwise there is too much speculation on what is already a speculative venture.. well - that is how i see it but others will see it differently!

one of the hard parts of doing astrology is separating one planet from all the rest, so as to understand that planets nature better.. pluto seems to have something to do with greater intensity, or amplification of whatever it is connected to. these are my words based on my impression of plutos role in a chart... i have made an association with mars and pluto and violence..

i am adding two colours together basically.. could be great athletic ability as well on a more positive note, but then how does one come to see the 2 planets working together to bring any of this about? i like adding the other planets and i like working with midpoints.. one recent example i have for this is the latest terrorist attack in istanbul on new years day - am.. i associate pluto with terrorism too.. combined with mars - violence of some sort. in the chart below i have put it on a 45 degree wheel, but one can see how the moon applies to the direct midpoint of mars/pluto in this horrific event from a few days ago.. this is my own attempt at understanding the event astrologically and it involves pluto, or at least i think it does!

where it gets complicated is how all the other planet energies are also at work.. how does one decide which planet, or combination of planets is directly related to an event, when they all have to be? i can look at this same chart and see mercury very close to the saturn/pluto midpoint, or the mars/neptune conjunction on the ascendant/midheaven midpoint too.. what is more important? or are they all important, and if so, how does one figure out which is more important? this is one reason to go back to a simpler type of astrology that doesn't include all this speculation! i can see the wisdom in this too. someone else could look at this chart in the 360 degree format and probably come up with something quite relevant astrologically as well.. i suppose in this regard, reading an astrology chart is a bit like doing an improvisation off a music chart.. there are so many ways to see it, or interpret it.

free uploader

picture share

I agree with the association of Pluto with nuclear energy. Its glyph reinforces that and when it was discovered on 18th Feb 1930 it was at 17 Cancer 32 within a few minutes of the star Wasat delta Gemini.
This star is of the nature of Saturn. It has a violent, destructive influence and is associated with chemicals and poison. Seems also to reinforce the nuclear connection.

I have just realised that Pluto today (4th Jan 017) transits at 17 Cancer 03 and will soon oppose its natal discovery position and thus Wasat for the first time.
Imo this doesn't look good.
It will be opposing Wasat for much of this year as Pluto reaches 18 - 19 Cancer and then retrogrades. It finally pulls away early next year.