Football Thoughts

I thought I would start a thread for various observations and thoughts relevant to the astrology of football - rather than starting a new thread for each observation.

As I have said elsewhere, I find Draws difficult: not happening when expected and happening when the chart looked clearly either a Home or Away.

While analysing a large number of charts over the holiday period, I noticed that when the Moon is above the horizon there are more draws than average, and when below the horizon there are less than average. It is not a large effect but it is a clear effect. Might be worth watching.

GB

I have been looking at the effect of Mercury combust on EPL results. This is not a common condition so it needed a large collection of match results. I have used matches with individual KO times (so not Saturday 3pm matches) from the last few seasons.

When Mercury is NOT combust 44.5% are home wins, 30.5% away wins, and 25% draws.

When Mercury IS combust 37.5% are home wins, 44% away wins, and 18.5% draws.

The proportion of draws is lower when Mercury is combust, as is the proportion of homes, but away wins increase very substantially from about 30% to nearly 45%.

Quite interesting now with a few weeks past:

Over time has that tendency followed your findings?
I mean as you noticed when the Moon is above the horizon there are more draws than average is that still the case?

It seems to be holding up. For example Wednesday 1 Feb there were three EPL matches. The Moon was above the horizon at KO. Two of the three matches were draws :D