Deb - Love sometimes really becomes complicated . Do I owe it to 5 planets in Libra in my natal, including Sun and Moon :wink:

Felipe - I agree with what you are saying:'. It has been good to start with only L1 and L7, Moon and Sun. When more sign.s are involved, it becomes too complicated for a beginner - at least for me - with house rulers etc. I am still suffering with this when multiple players are on the ground :-?

Paul - With regards to one's asking questions about him/ herself...
At least for me - this is the only way to practise horary when there is no one around you to ask a single question to you ( astrology is not popular at some cultures, and horary is not even known ) AND/ OR if you have no chance to take private lessons which I attampted once, but I cld not afford.
Studying other charts at horary forums are definately great help as a reference point, but practising is the best I believe.
So, only one thing to do - -ask the chart, predict the chart and see the outcome. I am even asking weekly questions so that I cld. See the outcome sooner :shock: - like " Will I see my friend this week end ? ".
What are you gonna do with limited circumstances:(

This practising part... Not so easy...

Before, I go I wanna thank every body who has volunteered their precious time for my charts and questions.

Cheers
Breeze

I didn't see this post before and it is a very good thing to reference when there are new members who post their love horaries. I find that a lot of immature questions on love are usually from young people who probably just don't know better. I have definitely seen significant questions on love that have helped people, but they are few and far between. Often, people are so blinded in romantic situations that horaries don't help much. They just don't listen. I have cautioned people when someone does not reciprocate, and they move ahead anyway to be rejected and hurt. I have warned people about abusive partners, only for the partner to abuse them physically, and then the querent came back to me to ask when they will get married. In particular, I have a best friend who just had to learn via experience that her rose colored glasses were dirty, and I no longer take horaries from her.

It is a very frustrating subject to deal with and interpret and your reading will likely be obsessively read over and over by a thirsty audience, who will come back with more questions, hoping for all of the answers.

I have always felt most talented at reading romance charts, despite not being an outwardly romantic person. I do think someone needs an objective view to read a romance chart. I have noticed a lot astrologers make assumptions based on the question material before dissecting a chart. "Oh, another romance question!" view is probably not going to lead to a very good analysis.

waybread wrote: . . . to me the bigger issue is the entire context of asking a horary question. Insofar far as I understand the foundations of horary, I believe the question has to be highly significant to the querent. As in, a burning issue. Obviously, a burning issue to the querent can seem minor to someone else, but the question really has to mean something to her.

I wonder. . . does a horary question have to be highly significant to the querent? In my case, I like to do horary to get results, regardless of how serious my questions are (whether I post them or not). I don’t see any reason for not erecting the horary when I seek the answers from the sky. In the past, most of my questions to horary are not quite burning issues but rather from pure curiosity and I still get quite satisfactory answers and often get right answers.

Here is an example: a few months ago my partner suddenly ditched Dickens’ “Little Dorrit??? after reading halfway through the book. His reason was that he could practically predict everything that was going to happen . . . (although, he has read several Dickens including Bleak House, I think he lost patience with this one and wanted to move on to whatever other book). He said he could tell that Dorrit would marry Arthur (I read most of Dickens but not Dorrit and he’s probably right on this). I remember Frawley had asked “Will Deidre go to jail??? or something like that. Deidre is one of the characters who appears in some soap opera series he was watching at the time. So just for curiosity’s sake I asked “Will Dorrit marry Arthur???? The answer was yes. I don’t remember the details but I looked up two significators (1st and 7th) and one of them is heading for conjunction to the other one.

Another example: Last December 2017 (during Mercury Rx) I bought from a local super market a “Picture Puzzles??? book. The little booklet had 76 color photos of chaotic scenes (half of them showing correct scenes and the other half altered scenes for a viewer to spot 10 mistakes). I love visual comparisons and this one took anywhere from 5 min to 20min (at most) except one called “Grill master???, a color photo of a bunch of grilled vegetables, utensils, newspapers, and so on. I started at 12:40 pm but I couldn’t find the one last missing modification. I looked and looked and at 1:45 pm I decide to ask horary. Just like the missing item chart I took the picture page left of the photo as East, top as South, right as West and bottom as North. I checked the modified location and colors from the chart. I found the missing spot exactly where the chart said: Location – southwest. Color -- yellow and white . . . it was a half of a lemon.

So you see, these are casual questions but I do still get to study and learn from them. Of course, I take a lot of time analyzing some of the charts . . . needless to say those are the issues highly significant for me.

Sometimes silly questions still have readable charts, but the question is, is the chart necessary? For example, your question was easily answerable via looking the information up and you probably did to verify the information. In other words, you were testing astrology and Lilly would say that often leads to lack of radicality. It is more of a belief or an ethical question, though. Personally, I think people who use astrology should not use it obsessively because it can have a negative influence over one's life where they view things too fatalistically. It can also be very annoying and bizarre to others around you and it could possibly alienate them. I remember one astrologer who broke up with a horary astrologer and he complained about how she used horary and event charts in every aspect of her daily life. I have seen many cases of this over the years. All things in moderation. I enjoy studying things in general, and keeping my mind active by reading posts in here and replying, but I rarely ask questions myself. I also know horary has limitations, so even in important questions, I would not let the horary dictate the outcome (I would take the information into consideration only). I am a Christian and part of me finds astrology unsettling to use in general, although I see it as a gift for me as well and some people do just have a gift of prophecy and I see nothing wrong with that most of the time. I do think that when people use it obsessively like that it increases the possibility of negative consequences, personally. I often take a step away from astrology when I feel it is on my mind too much. I think it should be used seriously and responsibly and with prayer, personally.

Hi Tanit and all,

Deb Houlding has already set the Forum Policies http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/read.html. But . . . from the start, the very first item in this thread seemed to be trying to add additional rules, particularly about romantic subjects. Thereafter people came up with other new guidelines.
Tanit3333 wrote:Sometimes silly questions still have readable charts, but the question is, is the chart necessary? For example, your question was easily answerable via looking the information up and you probably did to verify the information. In other words, you were testing astrology
"In other words, you were testing astrology" . . . and why not?

Here is one section of the Forum Policies:

2. Forum guidelines:

This forum is about learning and sharing. The moderators are experienced and can offer well-formed opinions on certain matters, but they are not infallible and do not pretend to be. Please remember that there are no ultimate authorities on this board - historical or living. We are all learning together and it helps to be prepared to 'have a stab' at things here, even if there is a risk of your judgement proving wrong. Think of this as a testing area and be happy to make mistakes here if you can learn from them for the benefit of your existing or future clients/victims :) [my emphasis - POF]

You asked me “is the chart necessary???? My answer is yes. Am I testing astrology? No, because I have faith in horary and I don’t need to test astrology. Am I testing Frawley’s method? Again, no. I take his method for granted. So who was I testing? I was testing my horary skill.

There are so many “you will know soon??? questions people ask, such as “Am I pregnant???? (OK go and get a test kit, people will say). “I’m seeing a doctor tomorrow but I can’t wait -- am I pregnant???? “Will XYZ horse win today???? The guidelines don’t say anything about necessary or not necessary questions.

“Personally, I think people who use astrology should not use it obsessively because it can have a negative influence over one's life where they view things too fatalistically.??? “I remember one astrologer who broke up with a horary astrologer and he complained about how she used horary and event charts in every aspect of her daily life???.

I myself don’t have obsessive asking habits. However, thanks for your warning.

I would never say I am an authority and I always say these are my personal views.

Non serious (recreational? I am not sure what to call them) questions are a different topic than the one posted, in my opinion. As mentioned, romance horaries can be very serious to a person and don't compare to a question on what will happen with fictional charters in importance (in my opinion). I think the poster was at the time tired of a trend in love horaries, probably from new members claiming to want to learn horary, which has been known to happen, especially during Venus-Mars hard aspects. Deb Houlding herself has posted in the past to take a break from love horaries and would remove them herself sometimes if she thought the question was too personal and/or inappropriate to share in the forum.

Deb did not post any rules about how to form a question but she has posted her thoughts on it in the past, and has an article specifically about it (The Art of Not Asking Foolish Questions): http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html

It is ultimately up to the astrologer to decide what to ask, though. Deb would say questions like the ones you mentioned just relate to impatience on the part of the person, unless knowing something sooner might somehow help them (which is especially possible in situations where a choice needs to be made immediately: i.e., health, or maybe even career choices, etc.).

Also, relating to yes/no questions, I am not sure if that is a great way to test one's horary skills, since you could statistically guess correctly as well. That is one of the reasons I do not seek certain astrologers for horary readings - those who require yes/no questions only. I don't think yes/no helps much in serious situations when someone comes to you for advice. It is reading the symbolism in depth and finding meaning that is what sets a skilled horary astrologer apart from the rest. I know this especially via my own experience in receiving readings.

Tanit wrote: “Also, relating to yes/no questions, I am not sure if that is a great way to test one's horary skills, since you could statistically guess correctly as well.???
If you are good at statistics you could evaluate your progress on reading yes and no questions. Good statistics will reveal a difference between guessing and knowledge . . . but that is not what I’m after. Being myself a beginning horary student, I find practicing yes/no questions very interesting.

Perhaps those who are experienced astrologers might not realize that many beginners are eager to learn new skills using any horary methods we can get our hands on. I think a “yes??? or “no??? question can be quite interesting when you start to analyze it . . . you would find the following such as who, when, where, how, and so on – these sometimes are entwined inside the questions and testing ones skills can be challenging. Of course it’s all depending on the contents but even a fast simple Q/A can be highly educational.

So here is one example of a very simple yes/no question which I was following a few days ago. A querent asked “Is it going to rain tomorrow???? Two advanced knowledge members (at Astrodienst) each using different methods gave conflicting answers and a querent gave feedback in 24 hours of time. I think it was a helpful post for many beginners as well as the one whose answer was wrong, I presume.
https://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?n ... 1533915763

Reading her post, I agree and sympathize with Breeze. I would rather like to see our experienced and knowledgeable members give us encouragements and supports rather than discourage our progress . . .
Breeze wrote: Paul - With regards to one's asking questions about him/ herself...
At least for me - this is the only way to practise horary when there is no one around you to ask a single question to you ( astrology is not popular at some cultures, and horary is not even known ) AND/ OR if you have no chance to take private lessons which I attampted once, but I cld not afford.
Studying other charts at horary forums are definately great help as a reference point, but practising is the best I believe.
So, only one thing to do - -ask the chart, predict the chart and see the outcome. I am even asking weekly questions so that I cld. See the outcome sooner :shock: - like " Will I see my friend this week end ? ".
What are you gonna do with limited circumstances:(

This practising part... Not so easy...