excellence

Please, trying to understand this chart concerning gaining theoretician excellence, I have been confused :? Me is Venus, Moon is fame. No aspect, no answer I guess.

I'm stuck with an phd thesis for years, and I am loosing my faith...
What about doctorate's house 9th?
Any suggestion will be welcomed.
aelia

aelia

What is your question?

"Will I be acquire fame?" or "Will I complete my PHD?" or "Am I suited to do this PHD?" They require different significators and different interpretation.

State what you want to know exactly.

Also, if you want practical information describe the obstacles that you experience.

Absence of aspect is often an answer. An unclear question is certainly a "no answer" for the simple reason that we do not know what to look at in a chart.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hello Felipe!

Actually, the specific question is not for the phd per se, but whether I gain excellence/great fame in the academic community of my scientific field (9th) where I am doing my thesis.

The major problem with my phd is procrastination, a feeling that what I write is not good enough.
This has as repercussion the fact that my supervisor is getting more and more frustrated, becoming reluctant to help me and advising me to find another supervisor
:(
What concerns me more is whether I can built a brilliant authority in this field -which is quite demanding and hard in understanding.
Can this chart give an idea
aelia

The Moon, is the 2nd from the 9th, that is: it represents that which you expect to gain from your studies: "profit from higher knowledge".

The Moon is in its triplicity and apllying/conjunct the North Node. The plain answer to your question is "there is positive potential for the profit you expect". So, the thing you are pursuing is there to be achieved.

Are you happy with that answer or do you what to know about the obstacles to that achievement? It is all in the chart.
--
Felipe Oliveira

this is really hopeful for me, and I would certainly like to know the obstacles in this course...
f.ex what about phd's predicaments, completion of phd, changing professor etc.?

aelia
aelia

Your supervisor is against you. He is Mercury, the ruler of house 9. Angular and in the detriment of the Moon (you and the profit you pursue). Mercury disposits of the Moon so your achievement is dependent on the supervisor.

Basically what this means is that the supervisor will not only NOT help you, he/she will act against you when the opportunity arises. The applying trine between the Moon and Mercury spells that this opportunity is coming up.

The fact that Mercury is in station and is about to go retrograde tells me that there is going to be a change of mind of some kind for the Supervisor. Prepare yourself for such encounter with her/him because it will not be favorable to you.

The ascendant is on the star Vindemiatrix. This star's main indication is "over-stretching", that is, pushing oneself beyond limits. "Biting more than we can chew". You are near a limit.

Jupiter is a relevant influence in the situation. Jupiter is opposing Uranus, indicating the risk of ending. Mercury is in the fall of Jupiter so the supervisor acts against Jupiter just like it acts against the Moon. Jupiter could be your papers as the Moon is in its detriment, that is: "you feel they are not good enough."

The bottom line:

The course completion in this chart is built into the Moon, as it is via the completion that you can acquire the profit. You have to change supervisors, or change schools, or stop procrastinating and start pleasing your supervisor if you are to achieve what you want.
--
Felipe Oliveira

Felipe!
Thank you for your in depth -analysis. I have many questions:

If I understand correctly, supervisor's change of mind will be against me, too?

He actually hates what I am doing, or he feels deceived...
Then, what's the point to try pleasing him?

Does the chart shows what is best for me to do? To stay under his supervision or find another professor?
Is there another professor in the chart, inside my country or outside? I have some contacts with others professors, but I have not yet cleared up my intentions to them...
Or should I cast another chart for finding another supervisor?
Jupiter's opposition to Uranus means the risk to stop the phd or my cooperation with this certain professor? The same I would like to ask about Moon's being in via the "completion": I just wish "completion's" meaning is not ''abrupt stop''/ or ''lost chance'' or sth like that!? What do you think about it?

Your first answer gave me joy, but now the sense of "over-stretching" (Vindeamiatrix) leaves me with doubts for my perseverence to keep up...!

aelia

[/quote]
aelia

aelia wrote:If I understand correctly, supervisor's change of mind will be against me, too?
The supervisor is already against the Moon, which is both you and the profit you seek, in essence they are the same. That is given by receptions, with or without a change of mind. The change of mind simply can mean that he is thinking in a certain direction and but will take another direction.
aelia wrote:He actually hates what I am doing,

Either something you are doing or/and you personaly. Either way it is not favorable.
aelia wrote:or he feels deceived...

He could. Mercury is conbust by antiscion so he "cannot see". Whatever he feels is not favorable to you.
aelia wrote:Then, what's the point to try pleasing him?
The point is getting him to help you. If you cannot do what is necessary to get your supervisor to help you then finding another supervisor may be a solution.
aelia wrote:Does the chart shows what is best for me to do? To stay under his supervision or find another professor?

Yes. That has already been answered. If the current supervisor does not like you and he has power over the Moon what would you do? Unless he begins to like you it is better to get another supervisor.
aelia wrote:Is there another professor in the chart, inside my country or outside? Or should I cast another chart for finding another supervisor?

Must cast another horary chart.
aelia wrote:Jupiter's opposition to Uranus means the risk to stop the phd or my cooperation with this certain professor?
Jupiter is a secondary testimony here. It is not possible to be accurate on its meaning. There is a risk of something meaningful breaking up or being interrupted in the situation. Time will tell what.
aelia wrote:The same I would like to ask about Moon's being in via the "completion": I just wish "completion's" meaning is not ''abrupt stop''/ or ''lost chance'' or sth like that!?

The way things are now is not favorable. Focus on changing what can be changed so that you may continue what you are pursuing, with less trouble.
aelia wrote:Your first answer gave me joy, but now the sense of "over-stretching" (Vindeamiatrix) leaves me with doubts for my perseverence to keep up...!
Perseverance is good. And the reward is shown to be good. But ideally you will remove obstacles that can be removed, such as the supervisor and perhaps discuss and analyze your relationship to the study you are doing. It will be a good idea to understand why you think you papers are no good. Did somebody tell you that? Do you have a self-esteem issue? Are you afraid of being judged harshly? Are the ideas bad or the writing is bad? Can you get a second and third opinion from other professors? Are you studying something you do not really like? Etc. There are several variables to investigate. This is important, because if you don't like your own work then you may get into the same problem with a new supervisor.
--
Felipe Oliveira

Well, I guess I should make a last attempt to approach him, but if it fails (applying trine which will turn out against me, as the chart shows) I'll consider finding another supervisor.

Actually the root of my procrastination was initially that the subject was extremely difficult, and I was quite insecure to handle it without having first studying a vast bibliography. My supervisor's approach was of the type "try to hide the things you don't know. You cannot solve everything with a simple thesis" which left me baffled, as I am rather meticulous, and I cannot write for points unclarified in my mind. This kind of little self confidence in handling the theme, grew, as I became more and more an ''expert'' in the filed, in aversion for the very same principles of the theory I studied and now I am in position to confute the basic discursive predicates of this theory. Which is rather bad choise, considering that the counseling committee of my thesis -including my supervisor- are exponents of this theory....

Well the problem is that there is not another professor so specialized in this theory in my country as my professor...And by the way, which houses should I search in a new chart concerning a new professor either from my country or abroad?

That's as may be, I feel grateful for sheding light to the whole matter for me, Felipe!
aelia
aelia

That sounds like a good plan, Aelia.

The applying trine need not necessarily turn against you. It will, for sure, present you with a challenge. Mercury is in a cardinal sign so it offers the possibility that such challenge be overcome.

The new professor will be a house 9 matter. I doubt you will need to involve the country he/she is in if the question is specifically about the professor.

Best,
--
Felipe Oliveira

Coming back with a new chart about finding another professor.
Here I am Jupiter, new prof is Mars in Pisces 3 orbs before my Ascendant. Mars and Jupiter separated. What does this mean? Sbd I ve already known? Will it be sth better for my case?
Any suggestion will be of great help...
aelia
aelia