Delineating the Popes Death - Mundane Astrology

The Start of New Beginnings:

Under the Ingress of Aries we see the commencement of new beginnings. The represents a new cycle for the Sun, but also a new cycle or beginning for the world and the events it has to face.

The initial ingress that I looked at was the Aries Ingress of Puerto Rico. The IX house grabbed my attention, since the IX was in Capricorn and Saturn was in such detriment that it was announcing the death of a religious leader. So I decided to look at the Aries Ingress chart of Vatican City, to see if I would find the same information. If we look at the ingress chart of Vatican City, we can see that the Pope is represented as the Sun in the IX house, the house of God. The ruler, Piscis, of the IX house, Jupiter, (Pope), is in the VIII house of death from the IX, and the ruler, Libra, of the VIII, from the IX is in the IX, (Venus). This is a classical placement for announcing death.(Thanks Anyes for showing this one) When we look at the IV house from the IX, the end of matters, Saturn is retrograde and conjunct the Moon. This announces death and the morning of the people. Both Saturn and the Moon are in opposition to Mars, which is in the X from the IX and the almuten of the X from the IX, is again Saturn, which shows me the state in which the Pope's health can be seen, and most likely, how it will end. It is interesting to note, Mars is in its late degrees of Capricorn, and it is the X sign of the zodiac, the house of career and honor, and it is like one who resigns from one's job. The Sun also represents the Pope, which is exalted and in triplicity, which denotes the position of the Pope. The Moon in Cancer, trine the Sun is an indication of the people and the support that he receives.

Health Problems:

If we look at the VI house from the IX, we see that it is in Leo, Mercury is in Aries, in opposition to Jupiter in Libra and square to Saturn. The Pope died of heart failure, (the Sun), and kidney problems, (Jupiter). On March 24th.- a cardinal who stands in for the Pontiff at a Holy Thursday ceremony at the Vatican says the ailing Pope is "serenely abandoning" himself to God's will. The Arabic Part of Illness and chronic[1] is at 25 degrees Capricorn 14', and Mars was conjunct on the 14th of March, one day after having left the hospital in Gemelli.

Announcing Death:

One of the reasons I failed to predict an approximate date of the Pope's death was the fact that I failed to count a degree per day, starting from the IX house as the Ascendant. I did this from the Ascendant itself in Leo, and it should have been done from the IX. If we count a degree per day, it falls on the 25th, date in which he got sick. This happened at 15 degrees in Aries, and it was in opposition to Jupiter in the VIII from the IX, being Jupiter the significator of the Pope. On the date of his death, at 21 degrees Aries, this puts the killing, (know this is a term I may be making up and being creative, in order to name the planet that is aspecting the chart. Input on my creative writing is well accepted.), planet at 90 degrees from Saturn. This happened on the 2nd of April, when he passed away. The Arabic Part of the lot of the planet that kills[2], according to Al-Qabisi, is in 4 degrees Aries and 58', the Sun was conjunct on the 25th and Mars was sextil.

More than anything else, I am sharing a lesson as to how mundane astrology can be applied to seeing the death of a King or a Religious figure such as the Pope, using Traditional Astrology only. This I hope will serve as part of our intention to share and learn from these experiences. I should have listened to my wife when she said, "take a few days and when you are more relax, review your notes," but my Moon in Aries makes me to impetuous and here is were we make mistakes. But it has been a learning experience, to have a chance to predict and see were the mistakes have been made and that we can all as a group, learn from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Asc. + Saturn - Mars

[2] Ass + Lord of the Asc. - Moon

Interesting

I thought your delineation was very interesting, David, but I have minor doubts:

1 - why in the beginning you drawn a chart for Porto Rico ? Even if PR is an catholic country, there are many others, like Brasil, Colombia...

2 - you said your delineation is completely traditional. Which kind of traditional ? I am guessing Abu Mashar and medieval astrology, am I correct ?

3 - you did this chart before death or in hindsight ? If you have found the same signs for Pres Bush in the USA ingress, would you have predicted his death ? I ask because the Pope was very old and sick, so isn?t difficult to interpret he would die eventually. With a healthy person, would the signs be strong enough ?

Very glad that people are still using traditional mundane astrology, and not a lot of charts drawn in arbitrary moments as if countries had birth :-)
Yuzuru

Saludos Yuzuru!

1 - why in the beginning you drawn a chart for Porto Rico ? Even if PR is an catholic country, there are many others, like Brasil, Colombia...

1) The reason I used Puerto Rico its because I live here and I was doing the Mundane predicitions for the island. Looking at the IX house, it caught my attention, so I decided to draw a chart for the Vatican to see if it had any relation.

2 - you said your delineation is completely traditional. Which kind of traditional ? I am guessing Abu Mashar and medieval astrology, am I correct ?

2)Medieval.., Abu Masar and Ali Aben Ragel XIII century

3 - you did this chart before death or in hindsight ? If you have found the same signs for Pres Bush in the USA ingress, would you have predicted his death ? I ask because the Pope was very old and sick, so isn?t difficult to interpret he would die eventually. With a healthy person, would the signs be strong enough ?

3) Before the death, please see my article at www.astrologiaholistica.com/LaborisSolis.htm This is an update explaining where I made my mistake in calculation. Eventual death is something we shall all face, so in reality its an easy prediction. To time the prediction is something else. I tried timing the prediction. Look at the chart and calcualte same and you will see, it would have been on the dot, if it had not been for my Moon in Aries.

Appreciate your comments

TV show

Hello David

I am not sure if was you, because I deleted the email, but I wander if it would be you that posted in the group of renaissance astrology about being invated to an TV show ?

If were you, could you give to the forum a resume of the delineations ? If weren?t you, sorry, is my altzheimer that make me impossible to remember a name :-)

Yuzuru

I found it

I think I already found it, it was about an marriage of people I don?t know and the election of the president of porto rico, who I know even less

I liked very much your articles about homossexuality, the elections and one about the age of pisces.

Yuzuru