Dignities, Debilities, Major Aspects and Reception

I have had a hard time answering my questions lately for my astrological studies.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is just how Dignities and Debilities affect Major aspects with those planets. For ex: My Jupiter is in Virgo which is Detriment and at the same time there is a Sun Trine Jupiter Aspect in my nativity chart because my Sun is in Taurus. So I want to know are Positive Major aspects affected by Negative Debilities and specifically in this case Detriments? If so, please explain?

My second question is about Reception. Does Reception only happen with Dignities and not Detriments? If not, how so? Also, are Major Aspects similar to Reception? If so, how? If not, why not?

Third, after reading about Detriments and specifically my Venus in Aries and Jupiter in Virgo, it got me to thinking... Are Detriments totally bad? Or is there a thin silver lining somewhere? I feel like Jupiter in Virgo, although it hinders me from having faith and seeing the bigger picture because Virgo wants details and is cautious, it keeps me open minded in another way, and that is that I don't become stuck believing in anything especially without proof, but even with proof I still question it. Which I think is in a way itself open-mindedness because you never close yourself off to possibilities by not having the overbidding faith of Jupiter. I also wonder if my Sun Trine Jupiter Aspect coupled with my Moon in Sagittarius (which Trines my Venus in Aries) alleviates some if not all of the negative affects from the Jupiter in Virgo Detriment because if these aspects still apply then seeing the bigger picture even with my Jupiter in Virgo shouldn't be a problem. Also to note my Jupiter was in Retrograde but I've read that just channels the energies into inward expansion meaning I have many opportunities for Spiritual Expansion.

Fourth. Can Mutual Reception go further than Mutual Rulers and happen if one planet is in another planets ruling house and the other planet is in a house that is would be exalted, for ex: My Venus is in Aries and my Mars is in Pisces. So if Mutual Reception could happen then would Venus take on any of the Pisces energy that Mars is channeling and could Venus be giving Mars any of its natural energy it wants so bad?

Thanks for the help! Anything is appreciated! Also this is my first post. So Hello! :) I've been studying Astrology for a year now and am looking forward to meeting individuals with similar interests. Feel free to ask me anything!

Good post.Its about general astrology details.You point out lots of things related to the astrology and to knew lots of things from your post.Thanks for sharing this post.At the time of your writing you have to starts it with good thesis statement, because it leads you reader the point of your essay. The introduction includes the lots of thing that should identify the question and outline your position. So you must include everything clearly and use perfect and simple language to make your essay.

Re: Dignities, Debilities, Major Aspects and Reception

morningstar wrote:I have had a hard time answering my questions lately for my astrological studies.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is just how Dignities and Debilities affect Major aspects with those planets. For ex: My Jupiter is in Virgo which is Detriment and at the same time there is a Sun Trine Jupiter Aspect in my nativity chart because my Sun is in Taurus. So I want to know are Positive Major aspects affected by Negative Debilities and specifically in this case Detriments? If so, please explain?
A planet in detriment is considered to be weakened. This means that, as part of an aspect, it won't be as influential as other factors involved that are in a better cosmic state. Nevertheless will Jupiter be benefitted by his trigon to the Sun, and vice versa.
My second question is about Reception. Does Reception only happen with Dignities and not Detriments? If not, how so? Also, are Major Aspects similar to Reception? If so, how? If not, why not?
You obviously mean domiciles rather than dignities, the latter being a more general term.

A planet is regarded as intimately linked to its domicile, no matter where it is in the zodiac. If two planets are in each others' domicile, they have interchanged their homes, so to speak, but stay in mutual correspondence, which makes for a special relationship between them that sometimes accentuates both of them.

To illustrate, I once told an old school friend of mine (when I saw him again after many years. and meanwhile having studied astrology meanwhile) that I clearly felt Libra and Aquarius energies from him; he replied that all he knew about was that he was a Pisces Sun. Taking a look at his chart back home, I found that the only thing peculiar in this regard was that Uranus was in Libra while Venus was in Aquarius.

Planets are considered in detriment when they sojourn in houses that are opposite both geometrically and in character to where they are at home, so they won't be considered to have any special relationship with each other.

Nevertheless, this is an interesting question to ponder. :)
Third, after reading about Detriments and specifically my Venus in Aries and Jupiter in Virgo, it got me to thinking... Are Detriments totally bad? Or is there a thin silver lining somewhere? I feel like Jupiter in Virgo, although it hinders me from having faith and seeing the bigger picture because Virgo wants details and is cautious, it keeps me open minded in another way, and that is that I don't become stuck believing in anything especially without proof, but even with proof I still question it. Which I think is in a way itself open-mindedness because you never close yourself off to possibilities by not having the overbidding faith of Jupiter.
You are absolutely right, nothing in astrology is totally bad or good. Every astrological influence can play out in a variety of ways, some more 'liberated' than others. Not least, an individual's level of spiritual evolution comes into play here.

For instance, let's take a look at the horoscope chart of Samuel Hahnemann, right at the beginning of this thread:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

You can see that Jupiter is standing in his detriment and moreover only forming so-called bad aspects, yet his position in Virgo clearly represents the fact that this man was one of the great physicians and healers in the history of mankind, and besides bestowing us with homeopathy, made substantial contributions to the philosophical understanding of health and disease.
I also wonder if my Sun Trine Jupiter Aspect coupled with my Moon in Sagittarius (which Trines my Venus in Aries) alleviates some if not all of the negative affects from the Jupiter in Virgo Detriment because if these aspects still apply then seeing the bigger picture even with my Jupiter in Virgo shouldn't be a problem. Also to note my Jupiter was in Retrograde but I've read that just channels the energies into inward expansion meaning I have many opportunities for Spiritual Expansion.
While the trine to the Sun is (as I said before) beneficial to Jupiter, it won't negate the particular tint that he receives by his placement in Virgo, for better or worse. It may alleviate the more difficult side of this in some ways, but I don't think that the manner this plays out can really be 'calculated'.
Fourth. Can Mutual Reception go further than Mutual Rulers and happen if one planet is in another planets ruling house and the other planet is in a house that is would be exalted, for ex: My Venus is in Aries and my Mars is in Pisces. So if Mutual Reception could happen then would Venus take on any of the Pisces energy that Mars is channeling and could Venus be giving Mars any of its natural energy it wants so bad?
Again, as neither planet is in a sign that it resonates with, this (taken by itself) would exclude any interaction, at least from a traditional perspective.
Thanks for the help! Anything is appreciated! Also this is my first post. So Hello! :) I've been studying Astrology for a year now and am looking forward to meeting individuals with similar interests. Feel free to ask me anything!

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/