Sunday Racing Part 2 (Timed for End of Race)

Been having better luck using time set for the end of each race.

See how these go today...

Carlisle

12:05 - House 2 - Compadre
12:30 - Me - Red Story
13:05 - Ve - Above Board
14:10 - Ma - Sevenballs of Fire
15:15 - Ve - Miss Tynte

Southwell

12:15 - Su - Salut Honore
14:25 - Mo - Late Night Lilly
15:30 - House 10 - Master Burbidge
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Thanks for posting this Saturnhead.

Based on the results today, I am still to be convinced by an end of race chart. It seems similar to a close of polls verses open of polls discussion elsewhere on the Forum. I still prefer open of polls/start of event/electional chart.

You identified a Venus theme for the all mares race. It is something that appears to be prominent in a lot of these races, and to me, illustrates it is a mares race, rather than indicating the most Venusian name.

Good luck with your end of race charts. The results pages on some internet sites time these down to the second! I'm staying with the start of the race and running with the trainers and jockeys, rather than the horse name, at present. I'll see where that takes me!

When I did some racing astrology a few years ago, it was the end of the race that worked better for me too, though I was using horse charts to race charts as my technique so not completely comparable.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

I'm not so sure about this theory, myself. I think you'd have to think that astrology is a science - by the modern definition of the word 'science' - that is. Personally, i think it's much more related to the idea of a language. That is to say, an interpretation of the current causal effect by the means of poetic metaphor, via (astrological) symbolism. I've come to the conclusion that the Moon is all important with regards to this matter. And what i mean by that is is that the crowd play a part in the flow of events.If the crowd, (Moon at track side) are cheering on the favourite to win, it will probably win (dependent on phase and aspect), for example.

And from personal experience, i agree with JF, for once. One can't use this method as a slot machine. I have found that applying astrology to only a few races each week - 2 or 3 - my predictions have skyrocketed in terms of % wins. And it's easier to find bigger prices too, in my humble experience.

If anybody is looking to follow a horse, next year a 2year old, called Astrologist by Sea the Stars will be seen from April onwards. The horse is entered for the 2018 Derby.

Sea the Stars offspring, that have been named so far, have other astronomical / nautical metaphors.

Flat turf summer racing tends to occur with slow ascending signs and the distances are relatively short, so the allocated start time, actual start and finish time results in a difference of 0 or 1 rising degree.

This change can be greater towards the start and end of the flat season. Similarly the jumps races occur at times of faster rising signs ascending and the duration is longer due to the distances, so there is greater variation between allocated start, actual start and finish time.

Good point John. What's more, the high quality flat races (Group 1) are run by much faster horses further reducing the race time and angle/house cusp distance moved.

For interest I looked at the first race today at Market Rasen (14:00). Using the Campanus 5th cusp method, at the start of the race it was closely applying by semi-sextile to the Moon. Four minutes and 23 seconds later at the end of the race the cusp had moved 1 degree 20 minutes, the aspect to the Moon was past and the 5th cusp applied by quincunx to Venus. The winner was All My Love. :)

Even with small movements in the angles and cusps the start/end positions can differ in a significant way.

GB wrote:
For interest I looked at the first race today at Market Rasen (14:00). Using the Campanus 5th cusp method, at the start of the race it was closely applying by semi-sextile to the Moon. Four minutes and 23 seconds later at the end of the race the cusp had moved 1 degree 20 minutes, the aspect to the Moon was past and the 5th cusp applied by quincunx to Venus.
I am about to revisit the Addey method and found your post timely.

But I wonder what coordinates and UTC offset you are using as I make Venus (at 10ARI06) quincunx nothing.
I also make the scheduled start aspect to be a semi-square the Moon. 5th Cusp at 24LIB22 and Moon at 09SAG28
At 14:04:23 I make the 5th cusp to have moved 1 degree 27 minutes to 25LIB47 applying sextile Saturn at 26SAG07.

The best I can do is say the Venus is the ruler of the sign of the 5th cusp.

Wikipedia has the racecourse coordinates (rounded to nearest minute) 53n23 0w19.
Astrodienst has the town of Market Rasen as 53n24 0w24.

Do you still make Venus quincunx the 5th? Or is this another case of a serendipitous mistake arriving at the right conclusion?

Skyrack

My experience with the Addey method is the more you use it, the less it works.

Then you have a break from using it, come back to it, and it seems to work great for 2 days. Then gets progressively worse again.

Not sure if using a horary chart timed for the event is like what Frawley says...the more you use astrology as a slot machine, the less it works.

I'm finding more success with racing numerology at present, and it doesn't run out of steam like racing astrology.

Oh dear. You are quite right Skyrack. I set the house system to Placidus rather than Campanus by mistake. Perhaps we should experiment with the Placidus 5th house cusp instead :)

End of race aspect was a Sextile to Saturn - ruler of the 7th (relationships).

Lord of the Hour was Venus.

Not a bad call, GB. :'

The use of flat racing with slow ascending times over short distances reduces one of the variables of using either start or finish times.

For those of you who use Addey Campanus this narrows the options for times and aspects, so allows for more consistency in the analysis of results.

As for yesterday at Market Rasen, it was a mares only race and every horse running had a Venusian name!!!