Fleur

I haven't looked at this chart in great detail but because of my current study of asteroids I note that Jupiter (Lord 1 in WS 8th) at 23Libra07 is very closely conjoined by the asteroid Vulcano 4464 at 22 Libra 00. Also Siva asteroid 1170 (Goddess of destruction, as you will know) is at 25Libra31.

As an FYI in an effort to keep things in perspective there are two thing that should be noted.

1) The Flamanville incident did not result in any nuclear leaks whatsoever. There was a fire and explosion due to a turbine fan malfunction. No radioactive leaks. A few people were treated for smoke inhalation.

2) Fukushima had radioactive leaks within the containment. Although some hysterical reports have carefully worded indications that radioactive material has leaked into water supplies, this does not appear to be true. Increased radiation levels recently reported are for levels inside the containment, not outside in the atmosphere. Not that this is a welcome circumstance, but it is the truth.

The "containment" is the contained area that holds the nuclear reactors. Every nuclear plant has three levels. The first is the containment. The second is just outside the containment where there is no radioactive activity going on, but the area is next to the nuclear reactors and is treated as nearly the same. The third level is outside the second and it's where almost all the workers and visitors go. Under normal circumstances there is zero danger to anyone or anything in the outermost level and almost none in the second. All levels are routinely checked for radiation in the US and I imagine everywhere else.

Fukushima represents a potential for a very serious problem because it was damaged so severely by the earthquake and tsunami. Increased radiation levels inside the containment is a very serious matter, but not an immediate danger to those outside the containment. Should it get outside ... well that wouldn't be good. But it's not there yet.

Sorry Vicki and Tom, I posted this chart ages ago when the news broke, and completely forgot to come back to it.

Jupiter at 23 degrees Libra has its antiscion at 7 degrees Pisces, which is the Ascendant. Jupiter does seem to have some sort of connection with timing of death, though in this case nothing terrible happened, but it still seems to have a significance in people's consciousness of nuclear energy problems.

Well if nothing dramatic happens tonight around 22 in western Europe,I might consider giving up mundane astrology.Too many nasty planets in violent signs opposing each other betwen 9-10pm in western europe