Turkish Referendum...Yes or No?

A constitutional referendum will be held in Turkey on Sunday, 16 April 2017. The country will be ruled with presidential system if yes campaign wins. President Erdogan's authority will seriously be enlarged. Polls say there is a neck and neck situation.

I made a horary chart which has Saturn retrograding to ascendant degree. Astrologers say Saturn Retrograde in the first house is a big fat No. Yet, I remember having read somewhere that such a Saturn placement might mean that things will not develop as the querent wants. Since I will vote no, this may be an indication of my will.

The Sun as the authority symbol exalted in the deep down 4th house is strong but in the area of opposition. Yet the ascendant ruler retrograding to MC is in mutual reception with both Saturn and it's ruler Venus. It looks quite strong. I know late degree of Sag is rising and having Saturn in the first can cloud the judgement but I still want to know what you guys think?

Will the public say yes or no?

Re: Turkish Referendum...Yes or No?

jupiter1st wrote:A constitutional referendum will be held in Turkey on Sunday, 16 April 2017.
A referendum is a people's vote. So who the Moon (the people) chooses wins.
jupiter1st wrote:Polls say there is a neck and neck situation.
The chart shows that rather eloquently with the Jupiter-Sun Opposition on the relevant house cusps and Saturn angular favoring Jupiter (MR).
jupiter1st wrote:Astrologers say Saturn Retrograde in the first house is a big fat No.

It depends on the question and the context. Is your question about what you want or about who wins regardless of what you want? The former is a L1-L7 chart interpretation. The latter is a L10-L4 chart interpretation. That must be clar before starting interpretation.

If this a L10-L4 interpretation Saturn on the ascendant has nothing to do with you. Or at least nothing that has to do with you that is relevant to answering the question.
jupiter1st wrote:Will the public say yes or no?

Assuming this is about who wins (L10 or L4), this chart tells me that the public will choose whatever Mars is proposing. The Moon will aspect Mars next. Mars wins. That is, the opposition to the incumbent government's proposal wins.

If this is a chart about what you want then there may be a different answer.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

I asked whether the public's response to the referendum will be yes or no. (It is a yes or no referendum) The goverment runs yes campaign, trying to switch to presidential system. The opposition is against it. From your words, I understand that goverment's proposal will not be accepted and the opposition will win, right?

Wouldn't the 10th house be the natural significator of an important public political event like an election?

In that case, the midheaven is in Libra. Retrograde Jupiter is conjunct the midheaven out of his favorite ninth house which involves religion. Religious sentiments will affect the outcome, strongly but not wisely. With Venus in Pisces retrograde, she has at least for now escaped the Sun; and Venus will be back in her detriment in Aries shortly.

More importantly, at 9 Virgo the Moon will make no aspect to Venus, and may not make any aspect to Venus until she enters Libra. This would indicate to me that the answer to the question 'does the referendum pass' would seem to me to be 'no'.

I would also note the lateness of the ascendant. Saturn, rising, will soon enter the twelfth house, where he loves to work mischief behind closed doors. The late ascendant suggests that the outcome may already have been decided at the time the question was asked.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

Same thing here. Jupiter on the 10th cusp is on Neptune by antiscion. And Neptune is on the 10th cusp by antiscion.

Jupiter is in MR with an angular Saturn. "Twice" as much power for the government as the Sun has for the opposition. Plus the testimony of deceit.

The outcome is not the result of the people's choice alone. This is not a chart that can be judged by Moon aspect alone. The people's choice is clearly indicated on the chart. Bit other factors outweighed the people's choice.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

FWIW, the chart in the original post is set for Apr. 8, 2017 at 1:11 am for 41N01, 28E58 (Istanbul).
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

Official press release from OSCE (Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe) can be read here -

http://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/turkey/311726

The first paragraph says -

ANKARA, 17 April 2017 ? The 16 April constitutional referendum in Turkey was contested on an unlevel playing field, and the two sides in the campaign did not have equal opportunities, the international observers concluded in a statement released today. While the technical aspects of the process were well administered, voters were not provided with impartial information about key aspects of the reform, and limitations on fundamental freedoms had a negative effect, the statement says.

Full statement can be read here -

https://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/tu ... nload=true
"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly

The referendum resulted as;

%51,40 YES
%48,59 NO

The result for the 3 major cities, Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir is No but the nation wide result is Yes.

Felipe, you said the Moon would aspect Mars. Mars rules the opposition and opposition to government should have won. You don't seem to consider the orbs of Moon's aspects. Possibly because she rules the flow of events and she is too fast. The point is, she would also oppose Venus (10th lord) when she travels through last degrees of Virgo. Why didn't you take it into account? As far as I know her last aspect determines the outcome.(winner) That can also explain why the government has won. What do you think?