Retrograde is one of the astrological circumstances which I've always find more difficult to comprehend.
Perhaps because it's a "yes or no" condition.
For what I would read with accurate interest experiences about it.

I'm not perceiving Mercury retrograde now, but I do think it's probably a difficult retrograde to note, cause Mercury energy seems to be always subtle.

___

cielounar.com , astrology blog

At about 12.05 pm today just as Mercury retrograde conjunct Uranus culminated my computer hung and crashed and when I rebooted I had to hunt for ways to get the antivirus working again. So pretty dramatic really- but obviously not everyone is experiencing this!! ( My progressed Saturn was on Des and natal Mercury square Asc).
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

amelia wrote:At about 12.05 pm today just as Mercury retrograde conjunct Uranus culminated my computer hung and crashed and when I rebooted I had to hunt for ways to get the antivirus working again. So pretty dramatic really- but obviously not everyone is experiencing this!! ( My progressed Saturn was on Des and natal Mercury square Asc).
Yes I had odd issues with my computer not connecting to the internet, which sorted itself out by the next day, did it again the day after and again sorted itself out when nothing I did helped.

You just reminded me that today retrograde Mercury is conjunct Uranus. I completely missed that, in spite of somebody on this forum telling us about it a couple of weeks ago. What I was picking up is that the retrograde Mercury is "chasing" a square aspect to direct Mars' antiscion. So today we have retrograde Mercury at 25 degrees Aries, direct Uranus at 25 degrees Aries, and direct Mars at 5 degrees Gemini, antiscion 25 degrees Cancer.

That Mercury retrograde and Mars direct aspect seems to be affecting communications badly for me, as we expect from retrograde Mercury, and in areas that they are triggering. I often wonder with retrograde Mercury what is positive about these times, and I had a particularly vivid dream that seemed to incorporate the communication problems I am experiencing. I was quite impressed by my dream's ability to give a name to the person who appeared in it, he was called John Lamplachster, and as I woke up I wondered if it was a real surname, and then wondered what it meant.

As a tangent thought, I have often associated Mars with dream imagery and inner visuals. Not sure why the God of War would have dominion over these things?

Fleur my experience of the current Mercury retrograde was made worse by the Full Moon on the 11th April in a sensitive area of my chart.
My husband and I went to a hospital app't and got nowhere. MRI scan results got mixed, the consultant wasn't there etc. etc. We came home very down, because my husband is in severe pain and we felt we'd got nowhere.

As it happens I tend not to follow lunar transits or even planetary transits in general, with regard to my own chart. I don't want to worry myself or possibly become a self fulfilling prophecy. Evangeline Adams apparently became obsessed with her chart, never doing anything without consulting her ephemeris. I don't want to get like that so I honestly didn't know what was happening on the day of the app't. It was only when I got home and in the evening went into the garden and saw the Full Moon. Then I looked at the ephemeris and saw why we'd had such a bad day. Actually it helped to find out afterwards because I felt better knowing that we'd been up against it.

After that I must admit we rearranged the app't for when Mercury is direct !

Also last Saturday a.m. I woke feeling even more ill than usual. I could scarcely get out of bed and felt really, really bad. I then found out later that at exactly that time Mercury was transiting over my natal Mercury (Lord 8 in the 6th - nice !). Also later that day I found out a close friend of mine had died at that same time when Mercury was squaring her natal Moon. To some extent I think I may have tuned into my friend's passing.

Vicki, I tend not to look at transits, especially of the inner planets or even more of the Moon, until after the event. It does seem to help to understand why something happened, and hope that when Mercury goes direct, in this instance, things will sort themselves out. This asks questions such as what is the purpose of things going against us, what is the purpose of knowing if we can't affect events, is there healing in knowing what planets caused outer world events?

With Mercury forward moving into my tenth, my new career was jumping off to a good start. Still was even when it started to retrograde. It still is, and now it's back in my 9th, although I'm on leave now to have my baby due in a few days now.

But there were hiccups for sure: my job entails a lot of documentation and I kept having to go back and redo minor mistakes. Also had a few issues with payroll, but I think it got sorted out? Still not absolutely sure. In my job there seems to be a lot of hit-and-miss communication problems. Not being able to reach someone I need to reach and things like that. Plus my job requires some traveling. Some very tough moments just getting across town to my destination and back. Near-misses in traffic, getting lost, being stuck behind slow-moving vehicles, hitting every single traffic stop, getting caught having to drive in rainstorms.

Mostly though, the Mercury retrograde I think wreaked more havoc on my personal relationship. Although it was already 'havocy' already. But basically just a lot of going against the grain between me and my partner, who may very well be extremely close to being my ex partner. During the start of the retrograde, he decided to lease new furniture for us, which turned out to be a bigger fuss than it was supposed to be. I was told at first I'd be partially responsible, only to find out later that I have no ownership whatsoever of them. Around this same time, partner lost his job, so there was quite a bit of financial stress hanging over my head, still is, but at least I don't have to pay for furniture I don't even own anymore. I had them moved to his mom's place where he stays when me and him are on the outs. So I washed my hands of them.

So yeah, also like I mentioned, he lost his job due to his mouthiness and temper. Only a week after the furniture contract. I lost a bit of hard-earned money because of all of this (money that could have been better spent on my new baby coming). Because things were going on and occurring without much of my own say so. He also took the wifi modem with him that I also paid for, but since it was in his name, I couldn't do anything about it.

Just a lot of financial mish-mash and and confusions, mainly on his part. I felt like I was trying to do all of the smart finances while I had him throwing monkey wrenches all over the place. It's been a hard month (of April).

Looking at the Mercury and what it's doing to my Natal planets actually makes sense. It's squaring my Sun in 6th, opposite my Saturn and Pluto, trine my Neptune in 5th, and squaring my North Node in 12th.

Edit: during the start of the furniture trouble and when partner lost his job Mercury was squaring Natal Mercury and Venus, opposite my Jupiter and Pluto, and quincunx my Uranus. :shock:

With Mercury forward moving into my tenth, my new career was jumping off to a good start. Still was even when it started to retrograde. It still is, and now it's back in my 9th, although I'm on leave now to have my baby due in a few days now.

But there were hiccups for sure: my job entails a lot of documentation and I kept having to go back and redo minor mistakes. Also had a few issues with payroll, but I think it got sorted out? Still not absolutely sure. In my job there seems to be a lot of hit-and-miss communication problems. Not being able to reach someone I need to reach and things like that. Plus my job requires some traveling. Some very tough moments just getting across town to my destination and back. Near-misses in traffic, getting lost, being stuck behind slow-moving vehicles, hitting every single traffic stop, getting caught having to drive in rainstorms.

Mostly though, the Mercury retrograde I think wreaked more havoc on my personal relationship. Although it was already 'havocy' already. But basically just a lot of going against the grain between me and my partner, who may very well be extremely close to being my ex partner. During the start of the retrograde, he decided to lease new furniture for us, which turned out to be a bigger fuss than it was supposed to be. I was told at first I'd be partially responsible, only to find out later that I have no ownership whatsoever of them. Around this same time, partner lost his job, so there was quite a bit of financial stress hanging over my head, still is, but at least I don't have to pay for furniture I don't even own anymore. I had them moved to his mom's place where he stays when me and him are on the outs. So I washed my hands of them.

So yeah, also like I mentioned, he lost his job due to his mouthiness and temper. Only a week after the furniture contract. I lost a bit of hard-earned money because of all of this (money that could have been better spent on my new baby coming). Because things were going on and occurring without much of my own say so. He also took the wifi modem with him that I also paid for, but since it was in his name, I couldn't do anything about it.

Just a lot of financial mish-mash and and confusions, mainly on his part. I felt like I was trying to do all of the smart finances while I had him throwing monkey wrenches all over the place. It's been a hard month (of April).

Looking at the Mercury and what it's doing to my Natal planets actually makes sense. It's squaring my Sun in 6th, opposite my Saturn and Pluto, trine my Neptune in 5th, and squaring my North Node in 12th.

Retrograde Mercury has been buzzing around a trine to my native 12th house Saturn for some time. When he goes direct the aspect will perfect itself.

Two days ago, I came down with a nasty inner ear infection. Too much springtime fresh air and sunshine, i fear, and it's bothered my allergies too much.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

SteveGus wrote:Retrograde Mercury has been buzzing around a trine to my native 12th house Saturn for some time. When he goes direct the aspect will perfect itself.

Two days ago, I came down with a nasty inner ear infection. Too much springtime fresh air and sunshine, i fear, and it's bothered my allergies too much.
There might be something else going on there. Saturn does seem to represent nasty ear infections. I don't really fully understand trines, exactly what they do.

I know in recent years homoeopathy has been much maligned, partly because a lot of "because I'm worth it" types have jumped on the bandwagon, charging huge amounts and not healing, but I still believe homoeopathy can work in the right hands. I wish you luck finding the right remedy or the right practitioner.

Loving Mercury

I firmly believe each person?s character is part of what their sign represents in relation to the world and to themselves even. Each sign has a series of parameters that allow it to be more or less in harmony with other signs. That is why we feel there are people who are ?harder to deal with? than others, even if this is very relative. I don?t think it?s a positive thing to label people, it is better to understand all the

that make us up so we can also see the weaknesses we need to work on. The love can be shown even during "mercury retrograde" :D :brows :P