Brain disease

Hello everybody!
I know that medical astrology is a very delicate subject and it needs special capabilities and me, as a novice -horary student, I have no idea on this field.
But I felt a pressing need to cast this chart
Since last months, I have been suffering from terrible, terrible headeaches and I am suspicious of brain aneurysm or whatever.

I am planning an examination and I need your help, if this is possible and not unethical????

I see leo (sign of aneurysm) in the cusp of Asc (head house), Moon in Desc (late stage of diesease)... anybody can explain me what are all these about?
Or, anybody can give me a sober view?
Thanks a lot aelia

aelia

Medical horaries always require some caution and common sense - always go see a doctor if you suspect any health issue. Go get the examination and see what the doctors say.

As for the horary, I cannot see anything here which could cause me any alarm personally.

The Sun, your vitality and significator of your health, is separating from Saturn, whilst the Moon applies to Saturn and translates light between you. I do think you have a medical issue that needs resolving, but the good news here is that Saturn, Lord 6, receives the Moon, and so offers to her some sense of protection or a shielding from the worst of its harm. However the Moon is with the south node and ultimately it is still aspecting by sextile Lord 6, so personally I do think you have some health issue at work here but I do not think it's something like an aneurysm.

People get recurrent headaches for all kinds of reasons, including incorrect eyewear (maybe go get an eye test as well), food intolerances, just general stress, dehydration, fatigue - the list goes on.

As ever, go see your doctor, maybe get an eye test as well to rule that out too and take it from there.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Hi Aelia,

Seeing a doctor is definitely a good idea given the level of your concern. This is the 21st century, it is usually very accurate to use technology to dignose symptoms. To know if this is an aneurism requires one of two things: and MRI or CTA scan, or an extremely competent and exeedingly well trained traditional doctor, which astrologers nowadays are not; not even medical astrologers.

After you have seen the doctor, and done any exams that he may request, we can come back to this horary and we can look at the CAUSE of the symptoms. That is where medical astrology shines.

Before talking astrology I want to repeat yet once more what I have said before:

It is not possible to diagnose or name an ailment using modern nomenclature using astrology. That is an error which goes opposite caution and common sense and the understanding of astrology.

We can, however, see symbolic coherence; but there is no way to determine, for example, if a problem with Jupiter is pneumonia or just a very bad cold simply by looking at a chart, all the more so when we have no backgound information at all.

Leo is not the sign of aneurysm. No sign is the sign of aneurysm.

Leo's ruler however is the ruler of the central nervous system of which the brain is the center. Being L1 here adds congruence to your chart: "head" "aches", period.

We look at the planet's essential dignity to determine the condition of an organ or system GIVEN THE CONTEXT. Specially we look at recent changes in essential dignity, which we clearly do have here.

We look at the body's dispositor to see what the CAUSE of any problem is in terms of humoral imbalance, and thus produce treatment guidelines to support health and support any treatment that the doctors will give you.

In order to delineate the chart corrrectly and fully information is needed about you and your history and habits. If you are interested I will post the questions I have to ask you.

For now I will mention general technical points:

The last planet to aspect the Sun was Mercury, which is retrograde and peregrine. So mercury is connected with the symptom of headache. Mercury is not the underlying cause but is a key factor.

Mercury is conjunct the North Node by antiscion, so very strong accidentally.

The underlying CAUSE of your headache is a severe mutable excess of coldness and moisture (water) in your system given by Venus in late Pisces. This has clear and specific implications which anyone wanting to do medical astrology must understand: the elements and sign modes, their characteristics and how they apply to the body and psyche.

Venus also points at it being another factor in the symptoms. Hormones, period, sugar, just to give examples. This can be discussed in detail once the context is known.

The prognosis is given by what happens to the Sun next. Very simple.

The Moon may also be involved as it is agular and is L12 and the Sun exalts it. This can be a sign of excess of some kind from your part. IF the Moon (your emotions) is part of the story then it has its own prognosis, which is given by what happens to the Moon next.

I'm NOT saying that the following is my answer; I just mention the following as an example of coherent symbology:

If someone ate too much ice cream or any sugary stuff recently this chart would be a clear indication of that being the cause the headaches. Mercury is L2: food. Venus in Pisces would show a headache caused by too much laxity rather than tension, which is a common medical distinction for headaches.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Felipe
You are so informative as always !
I think all your technical points have great affinity with my case. It was and still is a very stressful period for me with many conflicts at personal and professional level - a stagnant situation my phd professor (quoting another post here in the forum!), endless lucubration, hardship and BINGO!- a lot of MOISTURE that caused a very nasty asthma paroxysm. In fact I took injections of cortisone - and IT WAS EXACTLY THEN that headaches started. After cortisone's use ...
Now how did you locate Venus as the cause of the disease? Cause it is exalted?
Any prediction for the seriousness or result -as Paul did?
Always grateful!
Aelia
aelia

Hi Aelia,

Comments below:
aelia wrote:It was and still is a very stressful period for me with many conflicts at personal and professional level - a stagnant situation
This is shown by the Moon.
aelia wrote:BINGO!- a lot of MOISTURE that caused a very nasty asthma paroxysm. In fact I took injections of cortisone - and IT WAS EXACTLY THEN that headaches started.
Given this information, I doubt very much the problem is in the head per se.

If you describe your diet I will tell if Mercury should be read as L2 or not and whether your diet is helping you or harming you. That is basic in any decent healing practice.
aelia wrote:Now how did you locate Venus as the cause of the disease?
It is the Sun's dispositor. It is the planet that is out of balance and thus causes the symptoms. Venus is also your L10 therefore cortisone, in case you are still taking it of took it recently enough to have a bearing on your condition.

That is the technique to determine the cause of illness. It is not L6, except in rare cases when the dispositor does not work for some reason. L6 has other functions.
aelia wrote:After cortisone's use ...
One of the effects of cortizone is extreme cooling. In the long run cortizone harms, pretty much without exception.
aelia wrote:Any prediction for the seriousness or result
There is no way to predict seriousness from horary charts unless you are a skilled traditional doctor (like Culpeper was), all the more so without knowing the context. That would be as wild a guess as anyone could have with or without astrology.

For those who think Venus is always a benefic, here we have Venus exalted as the most malefic planet in the chart. How can we find anything in the chart that will describe the seriousness? It is not possible. That is what doctors are for.

I can tell you that the excess of water is severe. And that your symptoms tend to come and go. One day you will feel bad, the next you may well think the problem is gone, and that will tend to keep repeating until something key changes.

If you find ways to dry and warm up you will feel better. If you do not find ways to do that, both physically and emotionally, you will not get better. How nature works is rather logical.

We can know whether the problem will tend to continue, get worse or go away and show improvement. That is: prognosis. Look at the chart. What is the next thing that happens to the Sun?
--
Felipe Oliveira

''I can tell you that the excess of water is severe. And that your symptoms tend to come and go. One day you will feel bad, the next you may well think the problem is gone, and that will tend to keep repeating until something key changes''

You are pretty accurate! That's exactly what is happening - due to Pisces mutability, as you said!

''We can know whether the problem will tend to continue, get worse or go away and show improvement. That is: prognosis. Look at the chart. What is the next thing that happens to the Sun?''
Sun is going to enter Venus territory (Taurus) -so the whole situation is getting worse?
But all its aspects are separating... So what?

aelia

I echo the previous comments that the most important thing is to go and see your doctor for a proper medical consultation.

Headaches lasting so long need to be properly checked out by modern medical science.

When you go to see your doctor you need to take with you a clear, focused perspective without lots of astrological thoughts so you can put across your case history clearly, listen carefully, and make clear decisions. There is a risk now in this thread of confusion and inadvertent delay, because there are two radically different approaches to the horary being posted about, and because of the temptation to go more and more into what the horary may or may not signify.

So please do prioritise going to see a trusted qualified medical doctor. The astrology can wait now that you have the reassurance to go and see your doctor.

MW
"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly

Hi Aelia,

More thoughts:
aelia wrote:''I can tell you that the excess of water is severe. And that your symptoms tend to come and go. One day you will feel bad, the next you may well think the problem is gone, and that will tend to keep repeating until something key changes''

You are pretty accurate! That's exactly what is happening - due to Pisces mutability, as you said!
Yes, the sign mode where the planet signifying the cause of the problem is located. In this case Pisces.

The degree of imbalance is given by how early or how late the planet is in the Zodiac. Pisces is the last so the most severe of the water imbalances.
aelia wrote:What is the next thing that happens to the Sun?''
At first sight the Sun is void of course. That would mean that there would be no significant changes to your condition. Things would tend to kep going as they are now. I say "would" because it is not really VoC. Yet, the message is the same.

There is an aspect happening. After sextiling Saturn the Moon, before leaving its sign, opposes the Sun by antiscion. (always look at the antiscion of all planets and check for aspects with antiacion. ALWAYS in all horaries.) What does that mean?

We have a configurarion showing what can be called a "psycho-somatic" issue going on.

The Moon is emotions. Emotions is water.

Mercury can be L2, diet. But, given the emerging picture of "stress", it may well be emphasizing your nerves.

The Moon is barely dignified by face in house 7. Emotionally it is under the rule of Saturn (other people and L6) in a fixed sign. You told us: stagnant situation. We already know from previous horaries about you and the stresses you were experiencing with your career and the pressure "other people" were putting on you. The Sun is ruled by the Moon by exaltation so the Moon has power over your health.

In this emotional condition the Moon is in the Sun's detriment so, being angular, it harms the Sun. The Moon is also L12; again it harms the Sun by the nature of its signification. Two testimonies saying the same thing.

The Moon opposing the Sun by antiscion tells us that the dynamic of Moon-harming-Sun will continue. That is the only prognosis the chart gives. The fact that it is by antiscion tells us it may be difficult to see clearly, as is usually the case with psycho-somatic issues. We feel the effects but we may fail to grasp the connections and the actual areas of treatment.

That dynamic also tells us that that is a major area to address in order to improve your condition. Pain killers will help abate the symptoms but it will not heal you; the emotional stress will keep pushing back.

Did you say you had asthma?

You body is probably telling you: "please give me a break!!!"
--
Felipe Oliveira

Yes Felipe! The whole picture you described is freakishly exact!
My asthma "woke up" after many years, AGAIN!

My initial fear (concerning aneurysm) was triggered by hereditary historical record in family...
I wish my scan exams confirm the psychosomatic effect so as to avoid a worse scenario...
Thank you all of you for contributing your opinions,
aelia
aelia

aelia wrote:My initial fear (concerning aneurysm) was triggered by hereditary historical record in family...
Ok. That is important. So doing scans is totally justified and a wise thing to do.
aelia wrote:I wish my scan exams confirm the psychosomatic effect so as to avoid a worse scenario...
No matter what scenario, work on your mental/emotional health is a priority.

If they show psycho-somatic issues and your doctor is versed in that, great. If not, then you are on your own to learn ways to deal with it. It is possible that they will not see it or give any significant importance to it. So this chart serves as an important part of you diagnosis. Do not expect them to validate it, because they may well not.

The psycho-somatic approach of modern medicine is basic and superficial. The main reason is that they cannot see "cause", they only see "symptoms". So, what they do is to remove symptoms and leave the cause still active underneath. Another reason is that this area of knowledge is in its infancy. In Eastern medicine the knowledge is already full grown and mature.

Healing requires addressing the cause. This Venus.

Let us know when you have the exam results, if you like.

Best,
--
Felipe Oliveira