Tonight`s opposition

Hi

I noticed that tonight Mars and Moon will be opposite Saturn on the London horizon at 22.15. Other Gemini or Sagitarius regions may be affected. Any thoughts on this? Ascendant ruler Jupiter will be on the MC, suggesting a prominent figure.

:'

Egypt,a Gemini nation,has just launched an air attack on Lybia.
A car hit several people in Berlin ending up in the Tube station but it was no terrorist attack

British Airways has cancelled all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick because of computer problems.

Mars in an air sign ruled by Mercury (wings) opposite Saturn (delays) in Sag (flight) loosely trine North Node (rules technology in Vedic), would be by guess.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Saturnhead wrote:British Airways has cancelled all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick because of computer problems.

Mars in an air sign ruled by Mercury (wings) opposite Saturn (delays) in Sag (flight) loosely trine North Node (rules technology in Vedic), would be by guess.
Sagittarius does seem to rule flight and airlines, but transiting Saturn and Uranus seem to be triggering something much bigger, and transiting Mars just a more closely timed trigger. As though something else is happening and delays of airlines, shown by Saturn in Sagittarius, might be just part of it? I wonder what Uranus in Aries shows? Sudden problems with the military?

tonight's opposition

I have a first cousin who has worked as a flight attendant for over 20 years. He tells me that computer breakdowns and crashes in that industry are quite common. The airline business is highly pressurized and stressful and burnout is inevitable. Flight attendants are frequently abused by passengers, especially when alcohol is served and, as we see in the media, it's become a more violent job. People at higher altitudes apparently get drunk and or crazier, quicker? In any event, my cousin took an early retirement buyout package with his employer (Lufthansa) and is a happier, safer man for it.

The airline business is ruled by both Uranus and Jupiter. Saturn's tour of duty in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter) is forcing all of the airlines to treat the passenger with more respect, as airline seats get smaller and the cost of travel is getting ridiculous.

The square between Jupiter in Libra and Pluto in Capricorn is revealing the tension and violence in the airplanes, because people are fed up of the seat sales and the flawed reservation system ?

Its interesting that Saturn is trine Uranus, yet all of the violence is happening in the skies at this time. Why do you think that is? i guess that the trine aspect is not all that s hot, is it? LOL The trine is much like rolling the bowling ball into the gutter, isn't it ? The ball, and even evil, does not care where it goes, as it takes the path of least resistance.

Add to this the scrutiny of the general public re: security and terrorism and many people avoid flying, altogether. I know that I do.

Hi Jens:

Just wanted to say that the Moon trigger to ?Mars opposite Saturn? is like the ?minute? hand of the cosmic clock so that it can actually be an indicator for lots of things. As one manifestation of the opposition Saturnhead rightly pointed out:

British Airways has cancelled all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick because of computer problems.

But here is another manifestation that took place across the pond which I mention in a new post:

Portland deaths and New Moon in Hyades https://goo.gl/gyrnPp

Here a violent incident (Mars-Saturn) is on a train (Mars in Gemini)?.but could this have been predicted. I doubt it. I know a lot of people at this forum are going to disagree but I am convinced that it is futile to try and predict the future. Just look at the pathetic performance of astrologers trying to predict the outcome of the US election or more lately even the French election. The reasons for the failure have been highlighted by Steven Forrest in his excellent newsletter ?The Perils of Astrological Prediction.? http://www.forrestastrology.com/newslet ... newsletter

Modern astrology is more in line with the new discoveries in modern physics. The following is an extract from a post on my blogsite that is relevant here:

The function of mythology is to present an image of the universe that connects the transcendent to the world of everyday experience. It is, therefore, an organization of symbolic images and narratives, metaphorical of the possibilities of human experience. (some what parallel to a wave function of modern physics as we see in the next para).

In quantum mechanics, the Schr?dinger equation (or the wave function) serves a similar purpose like the ancient myths. It contains all the future possibilities of a physical system. A wave function collapse is then a phenomenon in which a wave function?initially in a superposition of several possibilities?appears to reduce to a single event after interaction with an observer. This implies that nature is fundamentally stochastic, i.e. non-deterministic.

Hugh Everett, in 1957 put it differently. He simply said that the Schroedinger equation does not collapse. All the possibilities contained in the wave function occur but in different universes (of consciousness?) From this came the interpretation called ?The Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics?. Everett?s idea was that different universes can very quickly branch apart, so that there is very little relationship between them after a tiny fraction of a second.

In our blog site regular readers will have seen several examples of how the same planetary configurations amidst the same stars gives rise to several possibilities taking place all over the world. What makes the difference? It is really dependent on human free-will. The interaction of the observer with the ?wave function? of star images so to speak is what gives rise to an event.

The planets and especially the Moon in its various phases appear to act as a kind of facilitator or if we use an electrical analogy ? as some sort of local substation transformer that steps down the high voltage electricity from the power station (the stars) to our houses for use!

Traditionalists might still give examples where predictions turned out to be right. But let us remember that it is not sufficient to get a few predictions right. As statistically trained Serennu points out in her twitter feed:

Serennu Astrology? @serennu May 23
Interesting fact: Out of 10 coin tosses, you need to predict 9 correctly in order for the result to be statistically significant.

Javed