I look forward to the royal ascot. I never expect to find a method to work consistently; bookies would have left the racing business long time ago in that case. But I do believe when one becomes more selective in predicting, i.e. picking up races with very dominating theme/planet, the success rate can be enhanced.

For example, the late races in royal ascot week have Venus in taurus on descendant. 20 June - 5pm game, in particular, has moon/venus conjunction.

In stock market investment, people create 'thematic' portfolios, for example Warren Buffet's value investment, or US high growth technology stocks. In my view, picking up a planetary theme of a racing chart, is the same concept. The only difference is at investment world, people compare the return of a portfolio, normally a selection of 30+ stocks against the return of benchmark, e.g. S&P500. Warren buffet only has his average return better than the S&P500 over a long period of time, but he never pick up the top 10 stocks of the year.

However, this is not possible for us, because the horse racing returns are highly skewed. No one would in practise, buying up all the Jupiter horses in a race. But we would certainly perform better, than people who buy all the horse, Obviously! :) -- Anyway, this is a view from a non professional astrologer.

Unprofitable doesn't mean the astrology methodology fails. If the return (odds) of horse betting is more normally distributed (a statistical term which roughly means we have equal chance of positive returns and negative returns in the same magnitude), we could be much better off.
Last edited by hera on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

hera wrote:
GB wrote:
john wrote:We also have timed natal charts for horses as well.
I know we have dates of foaling for most horses but I had never heard of having times before. Any information would be interesting.

Where can we get these.
Although we couldn't find the birth time, if we are really determined, we could look at each horse' previous winning races to analyse which planets are highlighted, as long as they have a decent record...We are very likely ending up with more than one planet though, better than nothing in the theory.

As a beginner, I went through all the synastries of 40 horse' natal charts in this year's grand national, because it was my first ever astro race and I have loads of time to kill. Half of the horses had multiple good transits, making sense! because otherwise they wouldn't be able to attend this high profile race at the first place.

--One extreme example I came across lately is Diore Lia for the Derby, nicknamed Diore (venus) the explorer (jupiter, and it was running for charity), being a 1:1000 outsider as venus/uranus conjunctino on descendant. The synastry has to be looking good given the context.

What I learnt in the last grand national, is the horse I picked for good transits, could lead the race at some stage (having their moments?but not last. And for the winner? - I have long forgotten it in the process since there are many other candidates with more promising transits.

It feel completely different between 1) looking at the the synastry of a race and its winner ex post and 2) looking at the synastry of a race and all its contestants ex ante. Same with the poetic approach.

GB wrote:
As an example, today (10th) at Haydock in the 2.55 we had the C. 5th next aspect to Jupiter. (Note I only use Ptolemaic aspects to the planet, not semisquares, and not antiscia). Jupiter itself was rising in the 1st, less than three degrees from the Ascendant, and stationing direct. This selected Jupiter for me. Many authorities give ?Handsome? to Jupiter. The horse Handsome Dude carried purple silks (Jupiter gives the Imperial Purple).

Result from multiple testimonies was that Handsome Dude won at 8/1

I should emphasise that this does not always work, but multiple testimonies particularly if they include the colour, often works very well. A single indication such as C. 5th on its own often fails.
Maybe the Arabs are worthy of consideration here too.
The part of Horsemanship was in Libra ruled by Venus, in the Terms of Jupiter, in the 1st 5 degrees from the ASC and 3 degrees from Jupiter.

As for why Addey sometimes works and sometimes not, it may be a matter of is the chart radical, and in this context that may mean considering the placement of the part of Horsemanship.

We don?t seem to know what we mean by successful, is ?88 equating to ?6000, 88p equating to ?60, a series of 88p (on average) bets slowly building up to ?60, consecutive number of winning horses, consecutive wins/places, etc. the right measure. I know how non-astrologers would judge how successful we are.

I assume that most contributors to these threads like a bet and there's at least one who thinks that they're entitled to make a comfortable living out of it. If you make more money than you lose, regardless of the amount being staked, you're a winner.

The only way to make monet from horse racing is to have a betting plan or strategy. There are lots of different systems available on the internet, find the right one for you.

ROI - return on investment is the most obvious way to judge 'betting success'. If you make about 30-40% ROI over the course of a season, you're doing well.

Of course, you don't need a win rate of say, 1 in 3 to have a positive ROI. Backing one 8/1 winner returns more in profit than 7 winners at evens.
Anyhow, I?m not put off; I?m content enough that what I?m doing is providing a level of success far better than when I wasn?t using astrology. We have our own little ritual about how we go about it, for those of you more spiritually inclined

Exactly and bingo!
What JAM does, in my experience, is to increase ROI over the course of time. JF even states this in his book. I am absolutely convinced that JAM significantly improves these chances over the course of a season as opposed to when not doing so - i.e astrologers will have a higher ROI than the average punter. Or they should do, at any rate.
Verum e