Election to buy a new appliance

Thinking of the aphorism (Centiloquium XXII) that it is not advisable to buy nor to start wearing a new dress when the Moon is in a fixed sign (and specifically Leo), with the rationale that changes are in accordance with mutable signs, I was wondering if this also refers to buying anything new even when it is a replacement of something one already had but wants to replace, such as a washing machine or similar items in a household.
My doubts come from the point that while I understand that change itself is connected to mutable signs, by buying such an appliance I would like it to last and work for a long time, which should be reflected by fixed signs.
As in the aphorism, I need to choose two moments: the first is when I order the machine (online) and the second when it will be installed and started for the first time.
How would you proceed?
With all other considerations (es. Moon not afflicted) kept in mind, should I choose a mutable sign for the Moon for the moment of buying and a fixed sign for the moment of installation?
And should I apply the same considerations (if possible) for the Ascendant?

Thanks for your thoughts.