A challenging few days, although 4 winners found over 3 days. This is far better than I used to do!

Just going off the idea of a 1 unit bet on my first pick, win only, on 18 races I am currently down by just over 1 unit. Again, for me not bad at all.

There is still time to sink without trace and still time for a couple of winners to be in profit. Stay tuned!

Well done today to everybody for the win and the places.

Here goes tomorrow...

15:40 Commonwealth Cup - Blue Point

Does the Mercury in Cancer Trine try to make a (Blue Moon) point? (sic)

16:20 Coronation Stakes - Winter

Abominable odds but considering Jupiter rules snow, thunderstorms, and rain, could it be, the Quincunx tells all...?
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Saturnhead wrote:16:20 Coronation Stakes - Winter
I agree but am looking for the second place. Note, as there are only 7 runners, there is only 1st and 2nd.

Suppose it depends how low the odds on Winter are, but probably less than evens.

Abominable odds but considering Jupiter rules snow, thunderstorms, and rain, could it be, the Quincunx tells all...?
Interesting. When i backed Winter last time out, Saturn was the signifier.
Verum e

A couple of selections to start the day:

14.30 - black sails / madeline - semisextile pluto
17.00 - time to study / count octave / stradivarius - square saturn

will post others later
Verum e

It's so tempting to back Crystal Ocean in the 15:05. In Vedic, Mars rules gem stones, and obviously Cancer is ocean.

It's just that Permian is so fast! Think I'll sit back and watch that race.

My full section for the astro punters league

Black Sails / Clemmie / Madeline
Best Solution / Crystal Ocean / Best of Days
Carvaggio / Blue Point / Harry Angel
Winter / Hydeagea / Dabyah
Stradivarious / Count Octave / Time to Study
Appeared / Cape Cova / Lustrous Light
Verum e

Looking at the number of views on this thread, firstly a big hello to our secret readership- we know you can't resist :D

Predictions Alert

Black Sails/Madeline/Madeline

Crystal Ocean/Permian/Best Solution

Caravaggio/Blue Point/Bound for Nowhere

Winter/Precieuse/Tomyris

Haripour/Wisconsin/Time to Study

Mainstream/Rare Rhythm/Oasis Fantasy

We struggled with the JAM making today. We've stuck with jam, but don't think it has set correctly.

Best of luck to all participants.

ModWasp wrote:

Interesting. When i backed Winter last time out, Saturn was the signifier.
Saturn was ruled by Jupiter.

Been an interesting 4 days. Just using Addey on the main races, he has managed to call 3 winners, and a 2nd at decent odds.

Maybe I've been too greedy in the past - trying to use a Horary Chart on too many races made me question the method!

For Ascot, I've only used the 11 main aspects. However, I remain convinced that it's the 11th house that's doing the work; not the 5th.

Props to ModWasp for continually championing the JAM system. :'

How do you guys think the Addey method has performed?

Saturnhead wrote: How do you guys think the Addey method has performed?
I have mainly used the JAM system. The problem with the Telegraph competition has been that I had to predict every race. I only bet on one or two races a day. Why?

Often the JAM planet either did not clearly indicate a runner or, more often, there were two or three possible horses that fit. In that case I did not bet, but had to make a choice for the competition.

I find the method works well when there is a clear single horse indicated.

The suggestion that the 11th cusp rather than the 5th might be the one to use is interested as I use the traditional aspects, plus 150 (but not usually 30), the 8th harmonic aspects 45 and 135 and crucially the quintile series. If we switch to the 11th cusp, then the quintiles are different by 36 degrees. I have noticed that quintiles (particularly bi-quintiles) have worked well, but I have not looked to see if quintiles from the 11th would have worked better - job for next week. I also need to go back and look at 30 degree aspects.

Friday was a very disappointing day for my predictions. I agreed with others on the planet, but chose the wrong horse from two or three indicated.

We will see how the last day goes.