I had forgotten how difficult it is to chose a horse for each race. Much easier when you can just ignore the races without clear astrological significators. :)

Slowly working through the first day ...

Hope people have noted to scoring system for a winner or placed horse:

Race win - 10 times the Starting Price.
E.g. SP of 6-1 gives Score 10 times the starting price: 10 x 6 = 60 points.

Race Place - 3 times the Starting Price.
E.g. SP of 5/2? Score 3 times the starting price: 3 x 2.5 = 7.5 points.

So it's best to avoid very low priced favourites. If the winner was at evens, the score would be 10. However a place at 7/2 would give 21 divided by 2 = 10.5 a better return.

In looking at Monday's races, I have avoided odds-on favourites, instead, going for a horse that might come in 2nd or 3rd at reasonable odds.

Not an easy card.

What stables are you using for the various techniques, GB? Would be interesting to see. PM me if you like, or leave a message on the league notice board.

My astro bets - JAM - (what else?) are for Glue Factory. My non-astro selections and tips from a couple of pro's will go under Ozil's Eyeballs and everything else (plebeian guesses mainly from OLBG.com) will be filed under Balir to the Hague.

Best of luck!
Verum e

Mainly using JAM with a bit of colour in stable GB (in the Twitter league). GB2 and GB3 are a bit of a mixture - I need to be more organised.

If JAM gives a clear planet then I use GB2 and GB3 for different horses that match the planet. If JAM is not clear, or the planet has no obvious horse link, then I use the angles to a planet.

All a bit disorganised in the heat!

League position 62 - at one point on Tuesday we were 8th. Admittedly, I personally haven't managed my stables very well with regards to jockeys and trainers, so i'll hold my hands up there.

If our league finishes in the top 20, it's a result!
Verum e