Am I overly Critical of my worker?

Hello,

A querent asked me to make a horary chart. Querent is worried that he is overly critical about the performance of one of his workers.

Querent gets Venus and the Moon. Venus is in its own sign applying to MC (Leo) by sextile. Venus in H8, I think, is showing he feels guilty about this matter and according to him, he is worrying on and off for several months.

His worker is represented by Mars (H6) and the Sun is co significator (a male worker). Mars is in cancer conjunct the Sun. So this worker is combusted and in fall. Mars square the worker?s L10 Jupiter (my polite opinion is that he is not the best qualified worker in the world for this position.)

Mars is also conjunct with Mercury and both planets are approaching to querent?s ascendant by squares. Mars and the Moon have mutual reception (by square).

What do you say -- could it be the querent is unnecessarily overly worried about his thoughts/conduct concerning the worker?s performance? Or does the chart show that what he thinks is true and justified?

I?m posting two charts with and without outer planets.

The Chart A

The Chart B

Re: Am I overly Critical of my worker?

Part of Fortune wrote:What do you say -- could it be the querent is unnecessarily overly worried about his thoughts/conduct concerning the worker?s performance? Or does the chart show that what he thinks is true and justified?
The chart shows both are true. Yes, she's being overly critical and yes, the worker is messing up, so it justifies some criticism.

Astrology:

Venus is in its own sign, in the detriment of Mars. In principle the querent is essentially justified in her dislike of Mars. Mars being in its triplicity and fall shows the worker has some quality but is failing significantly.

Venus is on the star Algol: overreaction. Also, debility by fall (Mars) is less severe than by detriment. So, "it could be worse" or: "this is not as bad as the querent is making it."

The Moon just entered Mars' sign and its own fall and detriment of Venus. The querent feels guilty by how he/she is treating Mars.

Unless there is a gender issue in the situation the Sun is not a co-significator just because he is a man.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Felipe, thank you very much for your feedback. It?s an excellent reading! (I forwarded the page and your comments to the querent and I want you to know that he appreciated your comments very much).

?Venus is on the star Algol: overreaction.?

I was wondering about the Algol conjunction but failed to interpret it. I didn?t connect it to ?overreaction?. Yes, querent admits he sometimes overreacts (but I?ve known him to never show rudeness to others). He is Venus in Taurus. This ?overreaction? of his could also extend to excess of worrying as well, I suppose.

?The Moon just entered Mars' sign and its own fall and detriment of Venus. The querent feels guilty by how he/she is treating Mars.?

The Moon is in via combusta, however with no aspect to Mars. So I missed the above. I saw Spica nearby but 3 degrees away from ascendant, therefore I didn?t think much of it.

What was puzzling was the Moon?s relationship (although separated) with Asc., MC and Mercury. Could the above indicate what querent said about communication between the two being frustrating because now and then the worker misunderstands the situation and that leads to bigger problems later?

You're welcome. Some extra comments:
Part of Fortune wrote:I was wondering about the Algol conjunction but failed to interpret it. I didn?t connect it to ?overreaction?. Yes, querent admits he sometimes overreacts (but I?ve known him to never show rudeness to others). He is Venus in Taurus. This ?overreaction? of his could also extend to excess of worrying as well, I suppose.
"Losing one's head" summarizes Algol. It all starts with not being able to think straight. Algol upsets mental faculties. Here Venus cannot think straight because it exalts the Moon: emotions.

Part of Fortune wrote:The Moon is in via combusta, however with no aspect to Mars.
Yes, Via Combusta adds insult to the injury :-) There is not need of aspects to asses the Moon's or Mars' influence in this chart. Everything is given by receptions/disposition and essential dignity.
Part of Fortune wrote: I saw Spica nearby but 3 degrees away from ascendant, therefore I didn?t think much of it.
A testimony that things are not as bad as the querent thinks and feels.
Part of Fortune wrote:What was puzzling was the Moon?s relationship (although separated) with Asc., MC and Mercury. Could the above indicate what querent said about communication between the two being frustrating because now and then the worker misunderstands the situation and that leads to bigger problems later?
You could read some info from Mercury since it is aspecting the asc. But not sharp enough for me. As far as I am concerned, frustrating communication is given by the Moon being in bad shape, Venus being on Algol and exalting the Moon and Mars being in fall under the Moon's power. It is very hard to have good communication if someone is in the emotional state the querent is in.

The Moon and Venus are in fixed signs: not easy to change. Mars may need some education/training. Mars is cardinal, so it may be able to learn relatively easily.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hi Felipe,

Thanks again for the additional comments!

?The Moon and Venus are in fixed signs: not easy to change.?

The querent says this is very helpful, and he wants very much to control this tendency to overreaction on his part that you pointed out.

?Mars needs some education/training.?

The company has been sending the worker to several training seminars in the past and there is another one coming up.

?Mars is cardinal, so it may be able to learn relatively easily.?

The querent was a bit skeptical about this worker being able to ?learn relatively easily?, nevertheless he is happy to hear that. I guess he needs to be more patient with this worker.

All the best.

felipeastrologo wrote:Thank you for the feedback, Part of Fortune.
Part of Fortune wrote:The querent was a bit skeptical about this worker being able to ?learn relatively easily?.
I am sure he is... :D That's why I used the word "relatively". It could be worse, if Mars was fixed too...

Really, :roll: !?

Part of Fortune wrote:
I saw Spica nearby but 3 degrees away from ascendant, therefore I didn?t think much of it.

"A testimony that things are not as bad as the querent thinks and feels."
Thanks to Spica, after all -- :wink:

felipeastrologo wrote:Thank you for the feedback, Part of Fortune.
Part of Fortune wrote:The querent was a bit skeptical about this worker being able to ?learn relatively easily?.
I am sure he is... :D That's why I used the word "relatively". It could be worse, if Mars was fixed too...

Best.

Hi Felipe,

Here's the aftermath:
My friend told me recently that the worker is progressing as you predicted.
He now realizes it was a case of overreaction as you said due to Algol conjunction.

Thank you very much!