Solar Eclipse 21st Aug 2017 + reactivations

Hello Folks,

I am surprised there isn't a thread for this already as is being billed in many quarters as the event of the century.

Here's what Celeste Teal wrote ...

"As you may know, this is being called the Great American Eclipse because the eclipse will be visible for a wide swath of the USA. In a rare event, this is the first Total Solar Eclipse in the country since 1979 and the eclipse shadow will travel from the Northwest coast to the Southeast coast in a matter of hours. From Oregon, through Idaho, then Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, across the tips of North Carolina (SW) and Georgia (NW), the eclipse shadow exits through South Carolina."

"Eclipses have greater effects in the countries where they are visible. Of course animals are apt to become temporarily disoriented when the light turns to darkness at midday, but eclipse effects can range from increased earthquake activity to decreased crop production. This will be a learning experience for astrologers and a memorable event for all."

The Eclipse falls very close to Trump's Regulus Ascendant/ Mars. Will he run and hide or be caught fully in the eye ?

Hopefully that has started the ball rolling ...

H

PS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9KSKni_lbo

PPS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9s4S8IuIg
Last edited by WooWoo on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 am, edited 9 times in total.

The Eclipse falls very close to Trump's Regulus Ascendant/ Mars.
If we cast the last Jupiter-Saturn conjunction for Washington DC, we get nearly the identical angles to Donald Trump's chart. Therefore the eclipse will fall on that ASC as well. One of the older theories is that the conjunction chart cast for a particular location is the chart for that location until the next conjunction (December 2020 I think). How successful or how unsuccessful the leader will be is determined by how well his natal chart works with the conjunction chart - not just the angles.

Eclipses (and other cosmic events) will play out in both charts. In this case the eclipse falling on the President'd ASC and the conjunction ASC indicates something personal that will affect the nation. I know astrologers like to drag out eclipse effects forever, but I'd limit the time period for an eclipse related event to between the moment of the eclipse to the moment of the next one regardless of where that falls.

Given that eclipses are often associated with cataclysmic events, we might be looking at a Hurricane Katrina type event that is associated with Trump or that he gets credit/blame for the way he handles the situation.

Mars in Trump's chart is at 26 Leo, a couple of degrees away. Mars rules his 9th house of foreign affairs. If I recall correctly, Mars is the ruler of the 2000 conjunction. Mars on eclipse day will be at 20 Leo - worth looking at.

I made a passing reference to this solar eclipse, buried somewhere in the San Remo thread below. I was addressing more the relevancy of each Saros Cycle (solar and lunar eclipse patterns that belong to a particular series, which can endure over 1200+ years, repeating every 18+ years). Historical events can be examined in a narrow time frame and in a larger cyclic context: cycles within cycles.

This coming solar eclipse was seeded on 4th Jan 1639 with the Sun and Moon at 13 Capricorn (Saros Series 145), coinciding with The Wars of the Three Kingdoms or the British Civil War.

?Thus all eclipses in (this) series are of the nature of this sign and degree." (Interpreting the Eclipses, Jansky p29)

This particular eclipse series has a total of 77 eclipses and some other periods that stand out are:

1765 and 1783: the ages of American Independence and the French Revolution.

13 April 1801, 4 months after the GB and Ireland Union, the eclipse phase came to 23 Aries [the 1801 UK astrology chart is still relevant in my view]

9 July 1945 (total) the Berlin (Potsdam) Conference of the Three Heads of Government - USSR, USA and UK- addressing post-war order & peace treaty issues. The Manhattan Project concludes with the testing of the first atom bomb.

(20 July) 1963 (total) John F. Kennedy?s critical year centred around the Cuban/Castro crisis & CIA covert operations and plots, leading directly or indirectly to his [November] assassination.

31 July 1981 (total eclipse) Prince Charles and Lady Diana marry (29th). Some astrologers eg Nicholas Campion discuss how eclipses are prominent in some royal births, deaths and marriages - depicting a kind of divine or destined monarchy in which archetypal patterns feature

11 August 1999 Grand Cross total solar eclipse 18 Leo [prior to the world changing events of 2001] and said to allude to Nostradamus' ?prophetic? quatrain of X-72 : ?Du ciel viendra un grand Roy d'effrayeur: From the sky will come a great King of terror?

21 August 2017 "First total eclipse on American soil since 1991 - first on the mainland since 1979 - first to sweep across the entire country since 1918?.

(The next solar eclipse in this series will occur on 2 Sep 2035)

William Lilly writing about a solar eclipse in Leo occurring in August 1645:

?The Eclipse in a Kingly Signe (Leo) and house, and accompanied with a Kingly fixed Star: It must, according to the course of Nature, be the forerunner of some more then usual accident to Emperors, Kings, Queens, Princes, and the chiefest Potentates of Europe.. The Sun in Leo, signifieth nothing but what is of an high nature, and Kings, Princes, Gentlemen, and such as sit and govern the Common-wealth?. ~ From ?An Astrologicall-Judgement concerning the Effects probably like to succeed the Eclipse of the Sun upon the eleventh day of August, 1645?

As the above posters point out, at 28 Leo this Aug 2017 solar eclipse conjuncts the fixed star Regulus. Trump has Mars at 26 Leo and Asc at 29 Leo. Saturn at 21 Sag conjuncts Trump?s Moon [which will be activated from 24 July]

However no event exists in isolation and will always have causal roots elsewhere within cycles of history. A Saros cycle of eclipse patterns is a more meaningful one for assessing mundane astrological phenomena and interpretation, as discovered by the astrologer-priests of Chaldea and taken up by Ptolemy.

Here is a link to the online astrology magazine entitled The Career Astrologer. Its a bumper issue devoted to eclipses with no less than 5 different astrologers contributing articles on eclipses to this issue.

http://www.opaastrology.org/opajune2017.pdf

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I bought Celeste Teal's book on Eclipses many years ago and I recently bought the update to the reactivation of old Eclipses that she offered.

She's reasonably up beat about this 21st August Eclipse. I think the trine with Uranus and the close proximity of Regulus are strong +VEs.

We know Trump is trying to bring the big Technology companies into his Infrastructure plans.

Soon after Mars and Mercury transit and reactivate the Eclipse point. While the Eclipse is raw or full of power ??

It is these reactivations that need to be watched and understood. I'm sure Trumpy will be aware that the Eclipse is relevant to him. But he may have taken his eye off the ball by the time Mars comes around and smacks him in the metaphorical chops !!

H

I think for me my experience is that significant things happen at Eclipses, and especially Solar Eclipses.

Historically Eclipses brought trouble to rulers, and this Eclipse falls very close to the Star Regulus.

What could happen to Trump ?

Well his Economic ideas aren't going too well. Much would come from repealing Obamacare as that would release funds for other plans like Tax Changes and Infrastructure.

Generally speaking things are deteriorating in my book though he gets another shot at things when Saturn trines Uranus again in November 2017.

Till then Uranus is activating his Ascendant / Mars combo in a positive way but Uranus is a powerful radical force isn't it.

Mercury hangs around this Combo too in the coming weeks.

I think the problem is that Leo likes to look after her Cubs.

Yesterday Sean Spicer resigned.

I think for Trump the Eclipse looks troubling.

From what I've read the Eclipse point get reactivated into September.

My Rolling Mundane Analysis shows the biggest trouble for Capitalism could come late September and early October.

Now the Debt Ceiling needs to be increased or the US Government gets shut down in early Oct due to lack of funds.

Trump doesn't think that'd be bad.

H

If i am not mistaken, transiting uranus is squaring Trump's natal saturn/venus conjunction in cancer. taurus rules his 10th house, so this transit, the saturn transit and the eclipse on his natal mars/ascendent makes me thing that BAD times are ahead for the President and the country. AMY

I don't think we can know what's going on with Trump with a lunar in his twelfth house.

The Solar followed by Mars will no doubt make him fight very hard.

I imagine he'll let go of utopian ideas (Aquarius) and fight against the progressives in earnest.

There are likely events though that we cannot see yet that will impact on all this. For instance, if something happened to change the manifestation of Neptune!

I think the Uranus trine to the Eclipse Point is being way underestimated.

That's a MASSIVE +VE energy right in close.

And it is slow moving and it reactivates the Eclipse Point again late next April 2018. And again in 2019.

And it stays in Orb all that time and, you could argue, till Spring 2019.

That again may screw up my Big Short strategy.

Whatever comes around the 21st Aug is going to be a Big Theme ...

Hard to know what to do even with Mars and Mercury passing soon after the 21st.

I don't think Trump is going to give up easily, and I feel he may have one of the Brotherhood or Sisterhood working for him.

Uranus does rule Astrology I think.

H

PS China may get a boost to on the 21st Aug.

But even a trine from Uranus can blow your socks off if you aren't expecting it.