6th. And 12 th. House Planets

Thinking about what Tanit had to say in Hareton's and StellarTiggy's recent posts and reading links about MR Tanit shared in StellarTiggy's thread , I just wonder if 6th. planets can act at all or are they also paralsyed like 12th. Planets.

With regards to 8th. House planets, I exprienced what Deb said below.
gs53 wrote:Deborah Houlding said in one of her posts: "Unfortunately I've never seen a succesful and happy outcome to a horary where the Moon or a main significator is located in the 8th house. Either what is asked about won't happen, or if it does happen it will lead to despair."
I have one romance chart of mine dated 6th. July where L1, Jupiter is in the 7th, and L7, Mercury is just on the 6th. House cusp in his very early degrees. Mercury is just about to perfect sextile with Venus. After becoming VoC Mercury will be sextiling Jupiter. Jupiter is in good condition i.e. it is in the 7th, and it has term, so it will well receive Mercury from its triplicity.

What I am confused is that if Mercury can act towards Jupiter ? Or is it Jupiter who shd. Take action to perfect the matter. If it was Mercury in good condition and Jupiter was in the 6th. I wld. Say Mercury is a help, but I can not make sure with swifter planets in 6th. and 12th.

In that chart, Moon's last aspect is a tight conjuct to Saturn (Saturn conjucts MC). I know I must stay away from that Mercury for whatever the reason. I just need further clarification how applying planets in the 6th. or 12 th. act.

Thanking in advance
Breeze

A planet in any house in aversion to the ascendant is something to consider carefully, especially if it is the querent or significator of the matter or it aspects either of the two. Planets that do not see the ascendant can work against it or can just be too weak to a have a good impact. However, if they are aspected by helpful planets, such as Jupiter or Venus, those planets might indicate other people or circumstances that help make the outcome more positive. It is difficult to say how this would play out without examples but theoretically the planet on its own cannot perform well, but the matter can still be positive if made so either by the querent or other aids. The querent might just have to put in the effort to make a positive outcome.

Mercury in the 6th could also be describing their situation. Maybe they are a subordinate to you, maybe they have other obligations or are ill. It is difficult to say without knowing more about the quesited. They could also work in healthcare such as be a physician.

I shouldn't say that a planet in aversion will always be "weak" in a chart. Sometimes it just has a negative influence. If you saw a querent aspecting Saturn in detriment in the 12th and receiving it (meaning Saturn does not receive but the querent does), that Saturn actually has a lot of power in that chart and it is nothing good. Look at Ted Bundy's natal chart and it says a whole lot about him. If you flipped a horary to look at a quesited and they had a significator like that it would be alarming (although obviously Ted Bundy had many other difficult indicators).

Hi Tanit,

Many thanks for your explanations. All noted.

I have just read the biograpy of Ted Bundy and have looked at his chart. I clearly understand what you have to say about a detriment Saturn/ planet in malefic houses.

With regards to lack of MR between the significator(s) and Saturn, I have a chart where Mercury ( me ) in Sun in the 12th, trines Saturn in Sag in the 4th. I am now able to predict how this configuration takes place.

Thanks so much really.

P.S. And Tanit, I have been reading your posts from past years to learn more about horary. I am so glad you are back .
Breeze

Tanit3333 wrote: If you saw a querent aspecting Saturn in detriment in the 12th and receiving it (meaning Saturn does not receive but the querent does), that Saturn actually has a lot of power in that chart and it is nothing good. Look at Ted Bundy's natal chart and it says a whole lot about him. If you flipped a horary to look at a quesited and they had a significator like that it would be alarming (although obviously Ted Bundy had many other difficult indicators).
Hi Breeze and Tanit,

Me too, thanks! I always wondered about Saturn?s Joy but now I see Ted Bundy?s chart (see below) and I understood the meaning. Saturn in Leo is rejoicing in 12th house.

Name
Bundy, Ted Gender: M

Birthname Theodore Robert Cowell
born on 24 November 1946 at 22:35 (= 10:35 PM )
Place Burlington, Vermont, 44n29, 73w13
Timezone EST h5w (is standard time)
Data source
Quoted BC/BR
Rodden Rating AA
Collector: Rodden

Astrology data s_su.18.gif s_sagcol.18.gif 02?16' s_mo.18.gif s_sagcol.18.gif 17?41 Asc.s_leocol.18.gif 25?02'

What is so frightening is that the ascendant lord of his chart receives that Saturn in a sign of its house dignity. Saturn does not receive back! If Saturn had received and not the ascendant lord, I believe it would have been a less scary influence. We would expect that person to at least have a difficult life due to that very bad Saturn but my interpretation is that the person rejoices with that Saturn influence due to the reception. He mentioned hearing voices and one can see how that might happen as well. But, like I said, he does have other very negative and cruel indicators.