skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

A Guide To Interpreting The Eclipse of 2017

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Paul
Administrator


Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1465

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: A Guide To Interpreting The Eclipse of 2017 Reply with quote




Whilst I've mostly avoided going into any public discussion of Trump, his nomination, his presidential race, and his subsequent inauguration and presidency, there is absolutely no doubt whatever our political persuasions, this has been one of the most volatile and divisive presidencies the USA has faced in some years.

Astrologers have been discussing Trump's chart, his likelihood of winning the election, and impact of his policies for well over a year now and many have highlighted the upcoming August 2017 eclipse as being pivotal or significant for one reason or another.

Amongst others, Wade Caves has discussed many of these issues for many months now and has finally put together all the many streams of signification that he's been researching and put it together into a cohesive article that you has now been uploaded to skyscript here:

http://skyscript.co.uk/a-guide-to-interpreting-the-great-american-eclipse-2017.html

It's really no exaggeration to say that at this point I feel that any future discussion of Trump or the eclipse or the mundane astrology of the US in general for the next year has to begin from where Wade leaves off here. He intricately weaves together a guide for interpreting all the various charts that have brought us to this point already as well as for the upcoming months, pulling together signification and bringing together various ingresses and cycles including, fascinatingly, the Jupiter-Saturn great conjunction.

I hope all of you enjoy it and find it as compelling as I did and I know he'll be contributing on the thread in the future should anyone have any questions.[/img]
_________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wade



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 84
Location: London, UK

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this notice, Paul!

this is a project that I started last September but paused in October for personal reasons. not willing to let it sit in a dark place on my hard drive any longer, I picked it up again this month, and I find myself grateful for the delay as it’s provided me the opportunity to think about how best to put this work out there. I decided to call it “Notes From The Watchtower,” because instead of trying to interpret every symbol for the reader as I saw it (which would have taken this 10,000 word article to 20,000+ words), I did what I could to present the highlights of what I’ve been tracking whilst proverbially “looking to the sky from a watchtower.” my hope is that it allows the reader to form their own conclusions. I do hint at where I think this is all headed near the end of the piece, but also try to inform why I cannot allow myself to trust my own instincts too forcefully.

this has been very exciting for me to put together, and I want to thank both Paul Kiernan and Lee Lehman for their proofreading before publication. it is because of their help that this work is ready for peer review.

I recognize that this is a very dense piece, and I would personally recommend spending time with the charts themselves to see if the connections I’m making are being made for you too. I will be happy to take any clarifying questions or comments here in this forum thread, but will withhold from making any direct comments about my personal take on political policies and figureheads. I have made a commitment to myself to focus on the astrology only.

hope you enjoy it as I enjoyed writing it.
_________________
available for consultations: http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

STA Horary Course - London, September 2018: http://sta.co/london.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2901
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks paul and wade...

i think the title of the 29 page pdf is off... really the focus of the article is primarily on trump, not on the 'great american eclipse' as stated in the title.. nothing wrong with the focus being on trump, but having it articulated in the title makes more sense to me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael Sternbach



Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 491
Location: Switzerland

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
thanks paul and wade...

i think the title of the 29 page pdf is off... really the focus of the article is primarily on trump, not on the 'great american eclipse' as stated in the title.. nothing wrong with the focus being on trump, but having it articulated in the title makes more sense to me...


Isn't it about the question if the eclipse will make America great again? Confused
_________________
_________________

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wade



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 84
Location: London, UK

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
i think the title of the 29 page pdf is off... really the focus of the article is primarily on trump, not on the 'great american eclipse' as stated in the title.. nothing wrong with the focus being on trump, but having it articulated in the title makes more sense to me...


hi James,

in hindsight, you have a fair point. I think what I was going for was demonstrating that to accurately do anything with an eclipse chart, we need to determine what root charts it's plugging into and how that shapes our understanding of the eclipse's significance. the original title was "The Great American Eclipse & Surrounding Cycles" (which we changed just before posting, perhaps it would've been better as it was before). while it does feature the eclipse in title, we're actively bringing in other charts that connect to it prominently. knowing that the only land mass to see totality is North America -- specifically the States, it doesn't even touch Canada -- and seeing how it plugs into so many charts surrounding the presidency, it feels to me that even with all the discussion on Trump, it's all brought back to this eclipse figure anyway. either way, your point is received and I can get why you say this. hope it doesn't distract from the content of the article. Smile
_________________
available for consultations: http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

STA Horary Course - London, September 2018: http://sta.co/london.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2901
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi wade,

in going over the article again, i am curious about some of the quotes from other sources... page 3 in the pdf footnote for #3 - "William Ramesey, Astrologia Munda(BookIV of Astrologia Restaurata, 1653), edited and annotated by Steven Birchfield (2006), Section II, Chapter IV, p.5"

is this a book that is publicly available somewhere? thanks...

also on page 3 - footnote for #3 - "More information on the historical handling of Aries ingress charts can be found in Kennedy and Pingree’s The strological History of Masha’allah, translated from fragments of Masha’allah’s work on world revolutions. "

i actually have this book but have found reading it tough going... perhaps these are general observations you have made off the book.. if you can direct me to any specific part, i would be curious as i have yet to read anything all that enlightening in it.. thanks..

on the 2 different times for trumps birt page 10 of the pdf... it is interesting as i had forgotten all about the 951am time and worked with the 1054am birth time for him recently. i see in my computer files on this particular computer that indeed i have a chart for him under the category 'corporate' that solar fire freely gives that has his time as 951am... i went and checked the source notes and while this was rated AA at the time, it has been replaced with this 1054am AA rated chart..

i didn't know or remember when i was making comments on the possibility of who would be elected back in 2016.. it is interesting how you navigate this controversy over his time of birth.. having just been reminded of this, i haven't had any chance to explore the topic at any length, but would be curious what Christine Arens - footnote 12 on pdf page 10 - has to say if any info is available.. thanks..

"Trump was born with a stationary Jupiter who turned direct less than 4 hours after birth –we can see something of the difficulties that come with stationary planets in the quick summation of his Jupiter returns
above. " others have also noted this station in trumps chart.. in fact i am kind of fascinated by the topic of stationary planets in charts and always make note of it... i am not sure i would draw the same conclusion as you on this however.. either way, jupiter rules the 8th house in his natal chart, and there is a school of astrology that designate planets ruling houses 6/8 and 12 as negative in general... perhaps his brothers death or his bragging of sexual gropping could be coming out of jupiters rulership of the 8th, as opposed to it being stationary? fwiw, neptune was also stationary in his chart and about to go direct too, although in a wider window of time that many astrologers generally will not consider... i thought it worth mentioning...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wade



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 84
Location: London, UK

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
in going over the article again, i am curious about some of the quotes from other sources... page 3 in the pdf footnote for #3 - "William Ramesey, Astrologia Munda(BookIV of Astrologia Restaurata, 1653), edited and annotated by Steven Birchfield (2006), Section II, Chapter IV, p.5"

is this a book that is publicly available somewhere? thanks...


yes, this text is made available on Skyscript for easy download: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/birchfield.html.

james_m wrote:
also on page 3 - footnote for #3 - "More information on the historical handling of Aries ingress charts can be found in Kennedy and Pingree’s The strological History of Masha’allah, translated from fragments of Masha’allah’s work on world revolutions. "

i actually have this book but have found reading it tough going... perhaps these are general observations you have made off the book.. if you can direct me to any specific part, i would be curious as i have yet to read anything all that enlightening in it.. thanks..


let me get back to you on this -- I don't have it on me, I'm away from my desk and working remotely. personally, I think this texts speaks loudest between the lines, but I will try to drum up some specifics in that volume that will help.

james_m wrote:
on the 2 different times for trumps birt page 10 of the pdf... it is interesting as i had forgotten all about the 951am time and worked with the 1054am birth time for him recently. i see in my computer files on this particular computer that indeed i have a chart for him under the category 'corporate' that solar fire freely gives that has his time as 951am... i went and checked the source notes and while this was rated AA at the time, it has been replaced with this 1054am AA rated chart..


this 9:51am birth time was brand new information for me, too. (or I guess in your case you knew this once, but had forgotten.) by the time I came into astrology (2013), Trump had already published a birth certificate with 10:54am listed as the birth time. it never occurred to me to question it (because why would it?), until the post by Christine Arens, in which she directs us to Trump's page on Astro Databank (link: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Trump,_Donald). under the heading "Source Notes", you get the fuller picture, and the Rodden rating I see there for the 9:51am time is A (not AA). can't vouch for the accuracy of anything on that page, merely reporting what I'm reading.

james_m wrote:
i didn't know or remember when i was making comments on the possibility of who would be elected back in 2016.. it is interesting how you navigate this controversy over his time of birth.. having just been reminded of this, i haven't had any chance to explore the topic at any length, but would be curious what Christine Arens - footnote 12 on pdf page 10 - has to say if any info is available.. thanks..


Christine has said on Facebook that she has sent an article in to Astrology Hub, but I have not yet seen it published. her Facebook post can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/christine.arens.79/posts/127371974533377.

james_m wrote:
"Trump was born with a stationary Jupiter who turned direct less than 4 hours after birth –we can see something of the difficulties that come with stationary planets in the quick summation of his Jupiter returns
above. " others have also noted this station in trumps chart.. in fact i am kind of fascinated by the topic of stationary planets in charts and always make note of it... i am not sure i would draw the same conclusion as you on this however.. either way, jupiter rules the 8th house in his natal chart, and there is a school of astrology that designate planets ruling houses 6/8 and 12 as negative in general... perhaps his brothers death or his bragging of sexual gropping could be coming out of jupiters rulership of the 8th, as opposed to it being stationary?


I don't disagree with anything you've said. we are fully aligned that house rulerships are going to be key in understanding Jupiter's operations within Trump's personal astrology. the connection to Jupiter being the 8th-ruler and his brother's death at a Jupiter return demonstrates that well enough in my mind. as an aside, that was also a 12th house profection year for Trump. I didn't intend to imply that the sole reason Jupiter operates as a mixed blessing for Trump is because of his stationary Jupiter -- in my mind, it simply compounds. there are many other accidental debilities surrounding Trump's natal Jupiter, so when considered holistically, we shouldn't expect that Trump should experience the textbook interpretation of a Jupiter return: bliss, freedom from obligation, an abundance of beneficial influences, etc. and just as an aside, this part of the article was included at the final edit after seeing a few posts online that this Jupiter return would protect Trump and his presidency unconditionally throughout the remainder of 2017 (even though Jupiter moves into Scorpio this fall).

james_m wrote:
fwiw, neptune was also stationary in his chart and about to go direct too, although in a wider window of time that many astrologers generally will not consider... i thought it worth mentioning...


good point. hadn't noticed it personally, but I'm not surprised that I missed it -- I don't pay attention to the stations of the outers quite like I do the visible planets, simply because the motion of the outer planets cannot be witnessed by the naked eye.
_________________
available for consultations: http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

STA Horary Course - London, September 2018: http://sta.co/london.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2901
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi wade,

thanks for the reply! regarding my question on Kennedy and Pingree’s The Astrological History of Masha’allah - don't worry about it.. i immersed myself in the book the past hour and see throughout the book the heavy emphasis on the aries ingress chart in combo with the jupiter-saturn conjunctions in establishing what i would describe as a more fatalistic interpretation of these conjunctions seen thru the window of the aries ingress charts in close proximity to the time of the conjunctions... it would have been fun to read how masha'allah had tied in the solar eclipse data too, but that is asking too much.. pingree takes masha'allah to task on the quality of his data and since he is not an astrologer, is mystified by some of the conclusions made off these aries ingress charts. i get a kick out of that... it really is tricky making predictions at the best of times, but it is fun to examine the process at work thru the availability of this book...

as a side and different note, i have done some astro speculative work using the 2020 ju-sa conjunction with aries ingress charts to different places.. i think these types of astro symbolism overshadow eclipse data generally, but it would be fun to try to incorporate all 3 in some such fashion for the area of 2020 and this is something i haven't done.

as for the fb link- thanks - i will follow that up later.. thank you again! james
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated