Eclipse 2017: Decentralization and Infrastructure Inversion

I've been heavily involved in studying the technology that underpins bitcoin and there's an important reason for this that overrides profit incentive. I believe that some derivative of this technology is about to make political corruption much more difficult for those at the top.

In this article I talk about how to examine eclipses through analysis of motion and show how the underlying archetypal ideas relate to decentralization starting with technology and then reverberating throughout the rest of the world.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-file ... -2017.html
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Very interesting.

I don't want to detract too much from the astrology but I do have a few questions re bitcoin and similar:

First, how does the dodgy exchange problem get resolved?

How given the time and effort necessary to mine these 'coins' does enough of them ever become issued that it can become a viable global currency for 7 billion people?

Given that the core element that makes something a currency is "anything that is accepted as a medium of exchange", there are no barriers to bitcoin and the like being a currency but how and when (astrologically perhaps) does it get past the general acceptance point?

Bitcoin has increased exponentially in value lately. I see this as a disadvantage when the goal of a currency is stability. A rapidly increasing value one is as destabilising as a hyperinflating/depreciationg one?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

hi curtis,

thanks for sharing! i am just reading it now and want to make a quick comment - 28 leo / horary / end of sign...... the nodes move backward thru the signs.. i suppose one either uses this horary concept and applies it regardless, or they consider the movement of the nodal axis going backwards thru the signs as relevant... i choose the later..

i agree with you that trump is a symptom and not the cause... even if he was to go, the same system is in place to continue..

this centralization / decentralization concept is interesting.. i could see it the reverse of how you articulate it here... north node in leo - centralization and continuation of power, as opposed to not.. i do agree with the idea though that typically the president is just a figure head for all that lies behind, as opposed to not.. i do think the concept of decentralization is more fitting with aquarius though.. i might be mistaken, but i could see it relevant to the movement of pluto into aquarius mentioned later in your article and timed for 2020 and after.. of course the jupiter-saturn conjunction is also in aquarius on the first few degrees - can't remember exact degree.. zero or 1 as i recall..

quote near the end "I'm expecting this issue to come to a head when Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto conjoin in late Capricorn in November 2020. A likely outcome of this chaos is that a derivative of the ethereum network blockchain could become the foundation for future electoral systems." interesting.. i have speculated that 2020 is an important moment in time for a few reasons, jupiter/saturn/pluto conjunctions being the main astro rationale for this... i suppose we will have to wait and see what is in store at that time..

your article seems mostly about other stuff then astrology!! i am reluctant to talk about all that...

thanks!
james

this centralization / decentralization concept is interesting.. i could see it the reverse of how you articulate it here... north node in leo - centralization and continuation of power, as opposed to not..
I would suggest as opposed to south node in aquarius - collectivism and even more centralisation of powe. Or lefty totalitarianism, if you will.
Verum e

amelia wrote:1. First, how does the dodgy exchange problem get resolved?

2. How given the time and effort necessary to mine these 'coins' does enough of them ever become issued that it can become a viable global currency for 7 billion people?

3. Given that the core element that makes something a currency is "anything that is accepted as a medium of exchange", there are no barriers to bitcoin and the like being a currency but how and when (astrologically perhaps) does it get past the general acceptance point?

4. Bitcoin has increased exponentially in value lately. I see this as a disadvantage when the goal of a currency is stability. A rapidly increasing value one is as destabilising as a hyperinflating/depreciationg one?
As for #1, I only use exchanges for buying, not for storage, you should use a hardware wallet ideally or a paper wallet or less secure local applications such as Electrum.

Regarding #2, there is likely to be several different currencies used for various purposes for a while before the google effect weeds out these various cryptocoin search engines to the relevant few.

3. The online banking system is likely to cause flight away from old currencies based upon concentric circles of authoritative trust. Authority will have to learn this lesson the hard way that it's impossible to keep online information secure behind a firewall. See Andreas Antonopoulos "Bubble Boy vs Sewer Rat":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=810aKcfM__Q

4. Aristotle's limitation property of currency is what helps with stability as a SOV (Store of Value) as more people adopt the currency.

However this is about much more than just money. I got this link from Ed Falis and it's mind blowing. I'm so far a bit skeptical of the HUID concept but I haven't fully ingested the ramifications of the proposed technology yet.

https://github.com/the-laughing-monkey/ ... /README.md
Curtis Manwaring

As James says, this centralization / decentralization concept is interesting and 2020 does look as though it might be a crucial time. The Jupiter/Saturn conjunction in the first degree of a sign feels to me that it should herald a major transition, especially since it happens at the solstice, following an eclipse at the previous solstice.

The extension of cryptocurrency technology to political processes also sounds interesting but I think it's important to keep the distinction clear between what technology allows and what society needs. I'm not sure your article does that, Curtis.

"But eventually you have to ask the question, what are we electing? A person who can act as a centralized control? The whole point of decentralized networks is to make this whole process unnecessary."

Sovereignty isn't primarily about control, it's about arbitration ? for me, that is the core function of government. For dispute resolution, judges need to be able to identify an ultimate source of authority and I don't think that will ever be 'the crowd'. So, while the technology might well provide us with more effective/reliable ways of deciding who the ultimate authority is, I can't see it ever making the position redundant.

On the money issue, I've argued for years (https://localsovereignty.com/additional ... ry-reform/) that a stable monetary system will only be possible when we effectively separate the different functions of money (with different astrological rulers for medium of exchange, store of wealth and unit of account?).

I don't know much about cryptocurrencies but, from that perspective, ones that allow for the value of 'coins' to erode when they're not actively circulating (demurrage) are more promising than ones which allow them to be stored indefinitely. I've heard of one called Freicoin which allows that but I don't think bitcoin does.

On Amelia's third question (when does it get past the general acceptance point?), my answer would be 'when states start accepting it in payment of taxes'. To my mind, that will always be the ultimate guarantee of a currency's value ? and I think a truly stable system will have to be build around that. But, obviously, if we have political systems that deliver incompetent or corrupt governments then the monetary system is likely to be rotten too.

Malcolm Ramsay wrote:The extension of cryptocurrency technology to political processes also sounds interesting but I think it's important to keep the distinction clear between what technology allows and what society needs. I'm not sure your article does that, Curtis.

"But eventually you have to ask the question, what are we electing? A person who can act as a centralized control? The whole point of decentralized networks is to make this whole process unnecessary."

Sovereignty isn't primarily about control, it's about arbitration ? for me, that is the core function of government. For dispute resolution, judges need to be able to identify an ultimate source of authority and I don't think that will ever be 'the crowd'. So, while the technology might well provide us with more effective/reliable ways of deciding who the ultimate authority is, I can't see it ever making the position redundant.
Too much absolutism is being assumed here in what I said. It's a metaphor, not a statement of an event. I also say that this transformation will take at least a generation. At the end I say that the difference between a future based upon Panopticon and a future that looks like Star Trek and PII using biocryptics is whether that control is centralized or not.

If you want to understand why centralization of IT will cause great problems for authority, you should listen to Andreas Antonopoulos on youtube "Bubble Boy vs Sewer Rat":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=810aKcfM__Q

I'm an IT person and have been absolutely obsessed with understanding this technology for the past 6 months.

The Cidada Direct Digital Democracy network proposal represents how authority might change. Consensus by 3rd party will die hard, but if everything is dependent upon IT, then the only way to make sure that this can't happen is to pull the plug Snake Plissken style.
Curtis Manwaring

BTW, I forgot to respond to "sovereignty isn't about control but about arbitration". In the IT world of bitcoin, arbitration is done using the network with what is currently known as the "Proof of Work" algorithm. This algorithm determines whether a transaction is valid or not.

Now you have to stretch your mind to understand that distributed ledgers can go beyond money and involve any sort of agreement whatsoever. This means that proposals can become "representativeless". It takes that 3rd party and creates a direct P2P in its place and this is known as DDD (Direct Digital Democracy). This derivative proposal changes the PoW algorithm and uses a DPoW instead (the Distributed Proof of Work). The full white paper can be found here:

http://iamcicada.com
Curtis Manwaring

Unless people have a directly astrological context to their responses to Curtis I would prefer to see any further discussion on this topic go to PM with Curtis rather than on this thread.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

You might be interested in the following:

Long thread about bitcoin and astrological chart

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75955.0;all

Article written by Christeen Skinner about finding critical zodiac degrees for blockchain

http://www.financialuniverse.co.uk/expl ... -part-one/

Blockchain background ( Best one I've found)

https://medium.com/blockchain-review/ho ... 94d386e093
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

I've done a (very long*) post on this on my blog covering the non-astrological issues of currencies ( bitcoin vs other currencies), the various charts for bitcoin plus a review of one of those charts from 2009-date and an attempt at a forecast for the next few years.

http://fortuna2020.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... re-of.html

* so can't possibly post all of it here.