The only judgment I really use for a radical chart is the Moon should not be Void of Course, or in the Via Combusta, all the way through Scorpio and the ASC should not be below 3 deg. or more than 27 deg.

The whole object of this is to gain real practical knowledge of what really works in reading charts. All we really have from the literature is passed down knowledge from one person to another. But, do those things which should make sense from the traditional point of view really work? What's really important? Only by analyzing many many charts over time can we find out.

Sports is the perfect laboratory for this. The event has a given time in the future and the results are indisputable. There can be no fudging about how the event turned out. There are also hundreds of them every year. This research can be invaluable to our analysis of all other questions.

With computers, we can analyze thousands of more charts than the old astrologers could in their lifetimes by hand.

Now, at last, we have the Superbowl, played in Minneapolis.

New England is the designated home team and is Leo and the Sun. Philadelphia is the away team and is Aquarius and Saturn.

Both the Sun and Moon are peregrine. The Moon does give translation of light from Neptune to the Sun.

Saturn is exalted by sign in the 5th. Venus co-rules the 7th. but is also peregrine.

I am uncomfortable with the Moon at 14 deg. of Libra. It's not Via Combusta but it's close and will probably move into it by the end of the game. This tells me that there will be a surprise ending to this game. Something unexpected and controversial will happen which affects the outcome.

Normally, I would go with the visitor and Saturn being exalted but with my recent history concerning peregrine significators, I'm going to pick New England.

SUPERBOWL 2018

Hi Nipoloean

I do try to use Frawley's methods. He does not use essential or accidental dignity or receptions. (so moon in fall of sun etc doesn't count). For this length of match he allows 5-6 degrees for moon. He does not reverse POF for night charts.

I agree with assigning AC to Patriots because:
1. They are favourite
2. They are wearing white with purple - light colour + royal colour = sun
3. Patriots are underdog, get 7th
4. They wear dark green = satrun ( darker colour)

Favourite Patriots - get L1 and L10
Underdog Eagles - get L7 and L4

Testimony for Patriots
1. Sun applying to DC within 2 degrees controls the opposition. (2 degrees inside DC would mean them controlled by underdog) STRONG
2. Moon applies to sun by trine STRONG

Testimony for Eagles
1. Sun on SN (within 2 degrees) - bad for Patriots STRONG
2. L10 inside cusp of 4th by antiscion WEAK/SECONDARY
3. Moon to oppose POF @16:20 aries. Final Aspect. STRONG

I'm not 100% sure - but that final aspect of moon to oppose POF might be the kicker... Sun On DC but also on SN is very contradictory. Looking forward to the result!

Philadelphia won the game 41-38.
I was shocked to see the Patriots wearing the VISITING white jerseys. They were the designated HOME team for this game but elected to wear the visiting colors.
It's very frustrating to see this sort of thing happen. Unlike the Denver Broncos a few years ago, who changed their colors and won, the Patriots should have had an astrologer to tell them which jerseys to wear.

Hello Nipoleon:

You commented on the superbowl 52 game, eight pages into your thread discussion that started with a college football game.

How confusing could that be ! LOL

How could anyone know that you were discussing the superbowl when you buried it, six feet under !

At least I started a new thread on the Superbowl to make it more clear. I did not pick the winner, but I did make some accurate predictions about how the game would unfold.

Regarding the Philadelphia Eagles win tonight, it looks like every horary astrologer (on three different discussions forums) got it WRONG !

Everyone thought that New England would win, but THEY DID NOT !

Why do you think that is ? I have my theories.

Looking at the chart, again, Leo and the Sun still rules the Patriots, regardless of whether they wore their away uniforms or home. The reason is that they were the favorites, as chosen by bookmakers.

Re: sports astrologer Goca, I know that she likes to designate the ascendant according to the color of the uniforms. However, this process is inherently flawed when determining the outcome of sports like mixed martial arts and wrestling, who do not wear shirts or tops, but essentially shorts and in some cases, the opponents wear the same coloured shorts.

It used to be that opponents wore different uniforms to appease the televised play by play of sports contests, so it would be clear who on television would stand out.

With television losing dominance to the internet in recent years, the color of uniforms is becoming less important now.

If one uses the more modern planets in the chart for 5:30 pm, then the upset win by Philadelphia becomes more clear.

Venus in Aquarius is found in the 7th house of the visitors, which makes a sextile to Uranus in Aries, the co ruler of the 7th house cusp. Uranus signifies upsets, while Uranus gains dignity, as it disposes of Venus's ruler.

Venus also disposes of the Moon in Libra, so Venus and hence, the visiting team, actually has much more clout in this chart than previously thought.

Finally, it must be noted that two controversial referee decisions gave Philly two touchdowns that in many cases. would have been denied.

As many of us are aware, Venus ruled people do get the benefit of the doubt in legal and other decisions and in this case, refereeing decisions !

S.

p.s. I do agree with you that the colour of the uniform does influence the outcome of the contest. In the sport of hockey, a psychological firm did a study of champions and what colours are associated with champion teams. Red and Black are the choice of champions, in hockey. Teams that wear blue or green, for example, don't do as well. This could explain why the Eagles went more than 40 years before winning the Superbowl. They wear green uniforms. Hockey teams like Toronto and Vancouver have no hope of winning the championship, because they wear the wrong colors !

In all hoary astrology, there is no more important determination to make than who get's what house.
I do know of Goca's ideas on team colors and I think she makes a lot of valid points and there are many types sports contests which I think her ideas would be the correct way.
The color jerseys a team wears has a real phycological bearing on the attitude of the players. How do they identify themselves? Are they defenders? Are they challengers? Perhaps the Patriots would have been better off sticking with the home colors and identifying as the defenders, or rightful champions.
I've gone to a lot of effort in past posts discussing the real problems with deciding the proper houses for teams.
Personally, I like to keep it as simple as possible.
The ASC is for the home team, the defending champion, the home hero.
The 7th. is for the challengers, the invader, or one not on his own ground.
The whole purpose of this is to gain real practical experience in finding out what really works in astrology.

sabumnim wrote:
Regarding the Philadelphia Eagles win tonight, it looks like every horary astrologer (on three different discussions forums) got it WRONG !

Everyone thought that New England would win, but THEY DID NOT !

Why do you think that is ? I have my theories.
Hi sabumnim

Did you read my post? (Not sure who are the 3 x who got it wrong?)
PallasAthene wrote:
Testimony for Eagles
1. Sun on SN (within 2 degrees) - bad for Patriots STRONG
2. L10 inside cusp of 4th by antiscion WEAK/SECONDARY
3. Moon to oppose POF @16:20 aries. Final Aspect. STRONG

I'm not 100% sure - but that final aspect of moon to oppose POF might be the kicker... Sun On DC but also on SN is very contradictory. !
The reason astrologers get it wrong is they are using the wrong method or not applying a method correctly.

In this match, a singificator on the South Node is VERY BAD, and moon's last aspect to oppose POF favours the underdog.

There are 2 additional minor testimonies for the Eagles - L10 (Patriots secondary significator) is combust. + moon passes over neptune by antiscion during the match, again favouring underdog.

(I did not find out until during the match that Patriots won last year, so if you wanted to take the "will the champ retain the title", L10 combust = no.)

nipoleon wrote: The whole purpose of this is to gain real practical experience in finding out what really works in astrology.
That's why I like Frawley's methods, properly applied.
Bernadette Brady & Lee Lehman have also done lots of work on contest charts, very different method to Frawley.
Frawley seems to suit my logical brain and is less work... Look 1, 2 and 3. Weigh those testimonies. Make your judgement.

Personally, I don't like to go too deeply into charts. There is endless arcana that people look at in astrology that I believe to be mostly useless.

I have found that if you want to see something in a chart, you can find it, but the truth is usually very obvious and doesn't require a lot of searching.

It's always easy to find the truth after the game's been played.

Frankly, the way I see it, I picked the home team to win and the team wearing the home colors won.

nipoleon wrote:Personally, I don't like to go too deeply into charts. There is endless arcana that people look at in astrology that I believe to be mostly useless.
That's why I like Frawley's method. 1,2,3 boom!

And no messing about with dignities. You commented somewhere that you were beginning to think peregrine planets did better.... try to ignore dignity - apart accidental - a significator on 1st, 7th, 4th, 10th cusp.

Only a very limited number of relevant indicators are needed - L1,L7,L10,L4, moon, POF and it's antiscion and the outers only if closely connected. And keep it all very tight - 2 degrees. Degrees for moon's action depends on the length of the match.
Very succinct.
nipoleon wrote: I have found that if you want to see something in a chart, you can find it, but the truth is usually very obvious and doesn't require a lot of searching.
Frawley's philosophy too. I agree.
nipoleon wrote: It's always easy to find the truth after the game's been played.
Yes that's how we learn what works and what doesn't.
nipoleon wrote: Frankly, the way I see it, I picked the home team to win and the team wearing the home colors won.
Except there wasn't a home team. It was played on neutral ground.
Your home team wore white. Even red, white and blue is more sun than saturn when other team wears dark green.
Perhaps your mistake was not checking what colours would actually be worn?
BUT - there are other testimonies. If a method doesn't work, don't flog the dead horse, just find out what does work. Better luck next time!

Nipolean - I've just looked over your judgement again. Everything you said was pointing to L7 to win. Plus you even said unexpected ending due to moon entering via combusta. Surely this means the underdog wins?
You pointed out that saturn is in rulership (while ignoring that sun is in fall and on SN).

So all the indicators that you seem to use were there in your assessment. But your heart ruled your astrological head when you went for the Patriots, I think?

to PallasAthene

I've never read Frawley ( perhaps I should ) so I really have no idea of his methods. Everything I do is from my own research and Lilly and the assorted well-known authors.

Even on a " neutral " field teams still must be assigned a house. This can be very tricky by whatever means you choose.

I do believe team colors have a bearing, depending on what type of sport. In contests with multiple competitors ( horse racing, auto racing ), I think that would be the way to go. In sports with only two competitors, home/away, champion/challenger, good guys/bad guys, is probably better and fits better with traditional hoary analysis.