Hi nipoleon,

I wonder why you did not predict Houston Texans at Cincinnati Thursday 8.25 pm local time.

As far as I can see there were no other games taking place at that local time.

Here are my post game testimonies as per my interpretation of your method.

Cincinnati Bengals are the 1st. Aries and Mars. Houston Texans are the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Mars is in Virgo and intercepted in the 6th House and Cincinnati Bengals will almost certainly lose.

Mars and Mercury are in Mutual Reception which is very good but not absolutely and this is made nugatory as Mars is in an intercepted sign.

Venus and Jupiter (in the 7th House and good for the Visitors) are in Mutual Reception which is very good but not absolutely.

Houston Texans should win.

And they did 9:13 although they were 3.00 to win against 1.41 for the home team.

The Atlanta Falcons beat the Green Bay Packers handily 34-23.
USC played badly against Texas but still won 27-24.
The Detroit Lions easily beat the NY Giants 24-10.

Why was my prediction of the Atlanta- Green Bay game wrong?
Looking back at the chart, I based my analysis heavily upon the translation of light from Jupiter to Venus. The Moon applying directly to the Packers significator, Venus. Normally this is a very strong indicator.
I failed to notice that the Moon has no essential dignity. The Moon is Peregrine.
I've noticed this sort of thing in the past but never really gave it much thought.
I think this is a good rule of thumb for chart reading. Good things do not come from Peregrine planets.

Hi nipoleon,

I wonder why you did not predict Houston Texans at Cincinnati Thursday 8.25 pm local time.

As far as I can see there were no other games taking place at that local time.

Here are my post game testimonies as per my interpretation of your method.

Cincinnati Bengals are the 1st. Aries and Mars. Houston Texans are the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Mars is in Virgo and intercepted in the 6th House and Cincinnati Bengals will almost certainly lose.
Actually, I did notice this game and I wish I had posted it instead of the Atlanta- Green Bay game which I called wrong. It was another fine example of an intercepted significator.

Thanks for the Peregrine update - that make sense.

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers (37n24 121w58) Local Time Thursday 2017/09/21 17:25 (UTC-7h)

San Francisco 49ers are the 1st Aquarius Saturn and Los Angeles Rams the 7th Leo Sun.

Saturn is in the 10th House - very good, almost a guaranteed win.

Sun is intercepted in Virgo and will almost certainly lose.

Saturn is in mutual reception with Jupiter (very good but not absolutely) and has dignity by both Term and Face.

San Francisco 49ers should win.

Yes?

I would love to do a chart for the Thursday game except for one problem. The Moon is in Via Combusta and no Horary chart can be trusted until the Moon leaves Scorpio late on the 24th. Unfortunately, that means the whole weekend is wasted, including the game in London.
It's been my experience that charts simply don't work out with the Moon in the Via Combusta or in its fall in Scorpio. That doesn't mean anyone else can give it a try but I simply don't trust it.

[/img]
There is, however, the Monday night game between Dallas at Arizona.
Arizona is the 1st. Pisces and Jupiter. Dallas is the 7th. Virgo and Mercury.

Jupiter is on the cusp of the 8th. exalted by terms and face.
Mercury is in its own house exalted in its own sign.

Neither significator is Void of Course or intercepted though Jupiter is in Via Combusta.

Neptune in the 12th. doesn't do the home team any favors. I consider Neptune the co-ruler of Pisces and being in the 12th. leads me to think Arizona will be its own worst enemy. They will probably be a little self-delusional about the game.

The Moon does give a translation of light from Venus to Neptune which emphasizes Neptune's influence.

With the superior dignity and standing of Mercury, I will have to side with the visitor.
Dallas should win.

nipoleon wrote:
[/img]
There is, however, the Monday night game between Dallas at Arizona.
Arizona is the 1st. Pisces and Jupiter. Dallas is the 7th. Virgo and Mercury.

Jupiter is on the cusp of the 8th. exalted by terms and face.
Mercury is in its own house exalted in its own sign.

Neither significator is Void of Course or intercepted though Jupiter is in Via Combusta.

Neptune in the 12th. doesn't do the home team any favors. I consider Neptune the co-ruler of Pisces and being in the 12th. leads me to think Arizona will be its own worst enemy. They will probably be a little self-delusional about the game.

The Moon does give a translation of light from Venus to Neptune which emphasizes Neptune's influence.

With the superior dignity and standing of Mercury, I will have to side with the visitor.
Dallas should win.

A little more information:

Saturn conjuct MC (not good for ASC)
Moon is applying a square to Neptune (Very strong influence)

Moon square Neptune (very close)
starts at 2?3'....ends at 1?10'

This is really a week of crummy charts but we will take a look at Texas at Iowa St. on Thursday.
Iowa St. is the 1st. Aries and Mars. Texas is the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Venus and Mars are both in the 6th. with Venus exalted by Triplicity, Terms, and Face. Mars is exalted only by Terms. Unfortunately, they are both intercepted in the 6th. in Virgo which is bad for both of them.

Uranus in the 1st. and Neptune in the 12th. is not good for the home team. Jupiter in the 7th. is good for the visitor but not great. Also, Jupiter is Void of Course.

The most telling factor is the Moon giving a translation of light from Mars to Pluto in the 10th. This is the best indicator I can see here for either side. The Moon, ruling the 5th. in the 10th. is excellent for the home team.

With both significators intercepted, this isn't a game I would bet money on but I'm going to side with Iowa St. to win. I think this would be something of an upset and the Moon applying to Pluto would be fitting.

Texas won the game 17-7.
This wasn't a game I really trusted in that both significators were debilitated.

Never pick games unless there is an obvious and definite advantage of one side over the other.

I don't think that some charts can't be read. Every chart probably can be read, it's just that we don't have the knowledge to do so yet. There is a lot about chart reading in the astrology literature but it's all hand-me-down. There simply hasn't been enough hard objective research done in what actually works.

The fact that some charts do work to an amazing degree of accuracy shows the validity of astrology. There simply must be more real study.