I understand the concept of the game of Set Pieces and it is valid. Frankly, American football is a lot more interesting to watch on TV than in person. The whole game has become a TV show. I find the constant lulls between plays unbearable and I seldom actually watch the games myself. That's why there are so many other things going on to entertain the audience.

These sporting contests are not so random as it might seem. If the outcomes were truly random they wouldn't be worth watching.

Pittsburgh beat Kansas City 19-13 despite the Sun being intercepted. An intercepted significator is usually a very good indicator of a loser. Perhaps that the Sun is in Via Combusta is a factor but that should work against it. Perhaps that Saturn is in the Joy of the Sun is the reason.
Well, it just doesn't work all the time.

I'm a little surprised to see that you don't give consideration to either Fortuna or the part of Victory
I think the Part of Fortune is misunderstood generally. People tend to think that since it's named " Fortune " then it symbolizes where fortune is to be found. I don't think that's necessarily the case.

I agree with Marc Edmond Jones, in that the Part of Fortune symbolizes more the emphasis of the chart or it's focus. It's not money or good luck. I wish the Part of Fortune could tell us who will win but I just can't get it to.

The Part of Victory I simply haven't studied, or any of the other Arabian Parts as far as game charts are concerned.

Let's try Indianapolis at Tennesee.

Tennesee is the 1st. Taurus and Venus. Indianapolis is the 7th. Scorpio and Mars.

Venus has transited into Libra and is now exalted by sign.
Mars is exalted by terms but only makes an inconjunct with Uranus and so is Void of Course.

The Moon does give a translation of light from Pluto to Saturn but I don't think this counts for much.

The Void of Course Mars is really the telling factor here.

Tennesee should win.

Indianapolis at Tennesee notwithstanding the result was not Mars in mutual reception with the Moon.?
Was Mars really VOC?
Mars ingresses Libra 22OCT2017 18:29 UTC

Prior to that Moon Sextile Mars 22OCT2017 11:35 UTC

Indianapolis at Tennesee notwithstanding the result was not Mars in mutual reception with the Moon.?
Was Mars really VOC?
Mars ingresses Libra 22OCT2017 18:29 UTC

Prior to that Moon Sextile Mars 22OCT2017 11:35 UTC
Which chart are you looking at for which game?
I don't see how the Moon and Mars are in mutual reception with Mars in Virgo.

My mistake. Mars and Moon are in Mutual Reception by Triplicity but, as is unsupported by either of the other two minor dignities (term and face), is insufficient.

But was Mars really VOC?

But was Mars really VOC?
Traditionally as I've learned it, once a planet has passed all the major aspects it is Void of Course. The only aspect Mars applies to is an inconjunct to Uranus and minor aspects don't count.

I have an open mind about allowing the semi-sextile and inconjunct aspects to the rule and I've seen charts go both ways on it. I think this needs more study.

The rule I use for mutual reception is that two planets must be in each others dignity. I don't use any other confirmation than that. Naturally, the importance of the reception decreases with the dignity. Two planets in mutual reception by sign have more power than two planets by terms.

This is how I view it generally:
Dignity brings power.
Aspects bring action.
Dignity without aspects is meaningless.
Aspects without dignity are meaningless.
A dignified planet which can't act is helpless and an active planet without dignity is ineffectual.

I have been trying to use the techniques discussed here and have an example from this weekend that I would value thoughts about.

Friday 20th, 8pm BST at West Ham has R1 (Mercury) and R7 (Jupiter) both intercepted in the 6th. Both are without dignity, except that Mercury is in mutual reception by sign with Mars. R7 is combust, but only if we allow it being in a different sign to the Sun.

This seems to be close but with the home team slightly stronger. Perhaps a low scoring match, 1-0 perhaps?

I would love to help you out here but unfortunately, the Moon has entered the Via Combusta and won't leave Scorpio until Sunday. In my opinion, any horary chart done during this time is rendered unpredictable. Invariably, no matter what I predict, something else will happen.

I'm looking for something good on Monday or Tuesday.