Who will win the game?

[/img]
UCLA is the 1st. Capricorn and Saturn. Texas AM is the 7th. Cancer and the Moon.
Saturn is exalted by terms and face in the 11th.
The Moon is intercepted in Aquarius in the 1st. with no essential dignity. This is a very bad place for the visitor's significator in that being intercepted in the home teams house means that it is trapped and fully under the control of the home team.
Mercury, Venus, and Mars in the 7th. indicates a lot of action for the visitor but even with the Sun and Mercury in mutual reception they simply won't over come the Moon in the 1st.
UCLA should win.

[/img]
Monday night we have the New Orleans Saints at the Minnesota Vikings.
The Vikings are the 1st. Aquarius and Saturn. The Saints are the 7th. Leo and the Sun.
Saturn is in the 10th. and exalted by terms and face. This is a very good place for the significator of the home team.
The Sun is in the 7th. with no dignity. Being in its own house would be good except it is intercepted in Virgo. This rather traps the efforts of the Sun and leaves the visitor too self-involved to be effective.
The Moon makes a translation of light from Mercury to Mars but they are also intercepted in Virgo.
The Vikings should win.

Hi nipoleon,

I am following these with interest.
I know nothing about American Football but from an astrological viewpoint I suspect that may help rather than hinder.

I am having a hard time making the Saints at Vikings chart radical but may be making some mistake. How does this qualify as radical for you?

Skyrack

I know nothing about American Football but from an astrological viewpoint I suspect that may help rather than hinder.
Gridiron is a game of set pieces - interesting in the fact that Saturn probably has a major role during the game.
Verum e

I am having a hard time making the Saints at Vikings chart radical but may be making some mistake. How does this qualify as radical for you?
For game charts, I only look for the ASC to be more than 3 deg. and less than 27 deg. and for the Moon not to be Void of Course or in Via Combusta.
It is being played in Minnesota, scheduled to start at 6:10 PM local time, CST.
I restrict myself to only those games in which no other game is being played at the same local time. That means that no other game has a chart which is the same as this one. Whenever there are multiple games being played on the same day you must be careful to find one that has a different starting time from the others or else they will have charts which are the same and that tends to affect the accuracy of the reading. No other game has a chart that looks like this one.

I restrict myself to only those games in which no other game is being played at the same local time. That means that no other game has a chart which is the same as this one.
Frawley mentions this in his book. For goal timing in particular, you get better results the more unique the start time. For example, most football kicks off at 3pm Saturday and is almost impossible to predict a result. The Friday and Monday evening games are easier to predict, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday games, especially it's a semi final or a knock out game, seem OK too, providing that there aren't multiple games being played at the same time, e.g Champions League games (a pan European competition).

Do you have games in the US that kick off at the same time but are in different time zones, or visa versa?

It's a pity Frawley's book isn't the easiest to read for quick reference because theres several points that you've made on tis tread that he has made in his book too.

Interesting stuff.
Verum e

I've never read Frawley, I probably should.
In the U.S. all the major sports have the same start times for most of the games each day. For example, the NFL plays most of their games on Sunday afternoon. They do this naturally, for television. Five games that start at 1: PM EST, though in different cities will all have charts that are exactly the same. It has always puzzled me how to use astrology to pick these games when all of them have the same chart. They aren't all going to have the same result?
Well, I don't know how.
That's why I only pick games which have a unique local start time. There's an NFL game on Thursday night, one on Sunday night, and another on Monday night. These are the only NFL games I even look at and the same is true for all other sports.
You have to be careful about time zones. The games listed may show a different start time but when you correct for the time difference they actually have the same start time locally. A game played in California will be listed as starting at 4: PM EST. But, that's 1: PM local time in California, three time zones further west and it will have the same chart as the games played in New York.
1: PM is 1: PM all around the world. Every chart for 1: PM local time in about the same latitude, will be the same no matter where it is.
My reasoning for this is that a horoscope chart represents the state of the universe at a particular time. If there is only one game played at that time then that game is part of that event with only one outcome. If there is five games played at that time, then they are all part of the same event with multiple outcomes. Instead of two teams playing each other, it's like a horse race with multiple contestants.

[/img]
Now I will try this weeks Sunday night game, Green Bay at Atlanta
Atlanta is the 1st. Aries and Mars. Green Bay is the 7th. Libra and Venus.
Mars is exalted through mutual reception with Venus by terms in the 6th.
Venus is also exalted the same way in the 5th.
Uranus in the 1st. is not good for the home team. Jupiter in the 7th. though good is not as bad as Uranus in the 1st.
The most telling factor is that the Moon gives a translation of light from Jupiter to Venus. The Moon's direct application to Venus is very good for the visitor.
Green Bay should win.

Other games to consider this week:
Sept. 18th.,Detroit at the New York Giants at East Rutherford, New Jersy, at 8: 30 PM., Monday night.
The Giants significator is Void of Course and Detroit should win.

Sept. 16th., Univ. of Texas at Univ. of Southern Cal. at 5:30 PM Local in Los Angeles.
Texas' significator is intercepted and so Southern Cal. should win.