Missing Dog

Hello. My sister contacted me to locate her dog (shared by another sister - they live together). The dog is male, black and dark brown. He is thin and fast. The dog suffers from a neurological disorder that causes him to have seizures and he needs to take his meds in order to not have them. They are life-threatening. He has been gone since Friday. He took off from their house. He has done this before but they were able to locate him at that time.

Upon looking at the chart, I noticed that Capricorn was rising and my sister who asked me the question also has Capricorn rising in her natal chart. She is in a dual sign, and this is a shared problem with my other sister. I assigned the dog as the 6th house ruler, which has Gemini on the cusp, which is interesting considering his health issues are Gemini related and I would describe him as Mercury - like. He is fast, skittish and curious about everything. Gemini 1st house describes his dark color. Mercury is retrograde and applying to Mars in the 8th, which is obviously alarming. Mercury is received in lesser dignities by Mars though, which gave me a little hope that he is not dead, but might still be wounded or sick. Mars is also prohibiting an aspect between Mercury and Saturn, the 1st house ruler (although technically so would Jupiter, but Jupiter is the dispositer of the 1st house ruler and aspecting it with mutual reception). Mars is also conjunct the north node, which makes it more voracious and difficult. The dispositer of Mercury is also in the 8th, so not good. I asked if there are wild animals in the area (they live in the country), and they mentioned coyotes. I also wondered about maybe someone shooting at him, or possibly a car hitting him. However, I also wondered if it is just showing his seizures being an issue. I took Mercury in Leo in a succeedent house to show he is not close but not too far and might be north east and likely in a grassy or woody area. He is peregrine and so he is lost. He is also in a fixed sign, so likely staying nearby a location. All the fire around him makes sense too because it has been extremely hot in her area. They then indicated the last time he went missing he went north east to an orchard and that is where they have been looking. His retrograde movement after hearing this made me think he returned there. However, they have mainly looked at night because they sleep during the day and work nights, and one of them has been sick this week (12th house signification?). One slight positive I see here is Moon in the 1st and Moon opposite a benefic being its next aspect. It seems like a helpful influence and maybe someone will come to their aid (hopefully besides me - I realize I am a lunar person with Cancer rising though). Jupiter also receives both the 1st house ruler and Mercury and Mars, so it is another aid and lessens the negativity a bit.

One of my sisters thought he might be hiding or incapacitated under the house but I see no indication of this.

If you notice anything helpful, please share. I am not very good at missing horaries, although this is oddly similar to a friend's lost cat horary I did and the cat was beat up but hidding in a neighbor's overgrown yard. I will give an outcome if they locate him. If they don't locate him I will let you know as well. Mercury turns direct Wednesday, so perhaps we might know more then.

Thank you.

Tanit,

I'm studying the chart now -- in the meantime;

The Moon represents lost objects especially animate ones. Because the moon is near ascendant therefore Jax might be near the owner.

Could you tell your sisters to also look in to the following areas?

Rulerships by Aquarius -- Hilly places, uneven grounds, newly dug areas, near small spring (if any) or somewhere access to water.

Directions by Aquarius -- Northwest

I'll write more later.

I was wondering if Jax might be with someone (may be a neighbor?) or SPCA or Kennel even with a Vet.

Mercury conjunct Mars (the lord of 3rd). Mercury in 8th (3rd from 6th) = neighbor.

Part of Lost Animal (Asc +Mars - Sun)= 8 Capricorn 07' (please check my math) that will be in 12th house. Conjunct by Antiscion to Saturn (off by 49 minutes). So your sisters might like to check a local vet or animal rescue.

Veterinarian = Aries, Capricorn
Veterinary Surgeons = Mars

I will continue to study . . . Good Luck.

Tanit

Hopefully I can reply fully later. I agree he could be injured or sick but the minor reception isn't very strong to protect from death, so sadly I would worry it's still a possibility.

Mars rules the third so I would check with neighbours and make sure he didn't crawl in under somewhere.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

I just talked to my sister and there is a river northwest and they are building a traintrack over there. I wonder if the construction of the train could be signified by Mars and it might be scaring him to get back across to their house or making him go in the wrong direction. This could also be the 3rd house signification and note Uranus, which can deal with this sort of thing as well.

Their local animal shelters post all of the new animals found and I just checked and he isn't there. Personally, I find it unlikely anyone/anything would catch him. He is very quick!

Two minor dignities together is not bad. If it were just one or none I might agree. I think it is hard to ignore the presence of Jupiter aspecting the important planets and receiving them. Jupiter is fairly elevated in the chart as well. The Moon with Venus does not indicate a particularly bad outcome either.

Mercury is close to Regulus, though, and it can also indicate a violent death.

The good part is lost items and animals are found during Mercury retrograde . . . and Jax is Mercury. Moon in 1st house is another good sign and also close to ascendant is one more good indication that hopefully Jax might return to the owner.

As for the Mercury near the cusp of 8th (according to Tanit's chart), I would like to read it as moving away from the 8th because of retrograde motion which is good, except radical 8th is Jax?s derived 3rd house of communication (therefore cutting off from the owner?).

The Moon is peregrine and it is in Jax?s derived 8th. It is not good to think negatively during the search but I was alarmed. Yesterday after reading Tanit's chart I erected my own, asking ?Will Jax be found alive??

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It just happened that the look of new chart came out very similar to the original one (Tanit?s chart). Both planets (the Moon and Mercury) are reversed here. Jax is represented by Jupiter.

The Moon (the owner) is in Jax?s 3rd house. Mercury Rx might be the problem here. Gemini is at the cusp of radix 5 (derived 6th from 6th -- illness). Mercury is at the cusp of derived 9th house about to reenter into 8th house. Mercury has applying aspects to Uranus in radix 3rd, it is dog?s 4th house (end of matter). Also Mercury to NN in 8th, to Jupiter, but the Moon is preventing the action . . .

Tanit and Paul, could you read this chart also? Thanks!

I?ve just checked Mercury?s position. At the moment, the planet is at 28* Leo 26? and stopped retrograding -- that means it is moving away from 8th house. Mercury in the above chart represents illness (derived 6th from 6th) so that is a good sign! Jupiter (Jax) is conjunct Spica.

Mercury in Leo conjunct Mars; could it be Jax is suffering from a fever due to some heat exhaustion rather than something bloody?

Your chart looks pretty much the same but the Moon is more negative being conjunct the south node. Either node is quite negative for the Moon always because they are eclipse points. I have heard in Vedic it can sometimes show insanity when the Moon is conjunct the north node. I wonder if the south node here is further describing the possibility of him having a bad epileptic episode and maybe it killed him. It is hard to say without finding a body. He definitely could have had heatstroke also and she and I already had talked about the possibility of that - it would be obvious to think of this because it has been well over 105 F and he has been away from home for going on 5 days.

Pluto looks rather ominous on the ASC, doesn't it? :-sk

My sister went to the river area today and didn't find him. I am hoping either way they find him so that they have closure. I think if he were dead though that she probably would have found his body at this point, or remains of it. She saw a dead dog that was not him, though.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Earlier, I was studying the "Missing Dog" on pages 183 to 185 of Tony Louis's Horary Astrology Plain & Simple, and I have just picked up Lilly's Christian Astrology and read page 325. I'm not happy about what I read there -- pages 322 to 330 are things related to missing people, lost animals and where to find them, etc.

By the way, last Thursday, I had to take my dog to an emergency animal hospital due to an accident (my fault). My dog's regular vet was represented by combusted Mercury Rx in Virgo, therefore it was not surprising to find out he was on vacation and other vets in the doctor's office were all engaged that day (my dog is recovering, by the way).

Anyway, I'll continue to study to see any positive things I can pick up from either chart.

Part of the problem is that they can't really afford their animals and he isn't microchipped. I don't want to be sanctimonious, but as a pet owner myself, not only does my dog not run off (he wouldn't want to and is well trained), but if he did he is chipped. If he did run off frequently, then I would add a GPS tracker. I find it a little frustrating that this even happened, but all I can do is try to help.

Missing creatures sure are tougher than inanimate objects because they have a mind of their own and can move around.

I think they have pretty much given up the search. My sister who has been sick is the one more tightly bonded to him and she said she got sick as soon as he went missing and had a bad nightmare Sunday and believes she felt the moment he died. I feel strongly that he was not dead when my chart was made Saturday, since charts are always good at telling me when something has already happened and there is no hope. However, it is possible, and pretty probable since it is almost a week, the Mars aspect on Sunday is showing his death. She does believe it was a violent death. At least we eliminated him being trapped under the house. She was afraid he had drowned in some shallow water that was due to a leak. I think if he had died under the house there would be a smell. Also, most traditional sources show drowning via Saturn. Aquarius Moon might show this but his significator I think more likely describes his death.