How bad is Mercury Rx conjunct the Sun in Virgo?

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 pm
Post subject: Signifactor of internet ether and lost threads

Part of Fortune wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to restore a thread of mine so feel free to contribute. :idea: -- See you later!
How bad is Mercury Rx conjunct the Sun in Virgo? (restored version)

I was wondering how bad the situation is now that Sun has entered in Virgo and conjunct Mercury Rx in Virgo.

According to Mr. Frawley's THE HORARY TEXTBOOK on page 60 (Page 70 on revised edition): Treat it exactly as a mutual reception: the planet has power over the Sun by dispositing it; the Sun has power over the planet by combustion. So the combustion does not harm the planet; the idea of not being able to see or be seen still remains, however.

I erected horary asking about a person (7th house) who is going to be in charge of a certain computer program for the first time. She's Mercury Rx in derived H3 (radix 9th) of house of communication.

Will combustion double the likelihood of her not being able to see?

Here's the chart.
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Tanit
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 pm

I used to say that Mercury retrograde or combust was not so difficult as other planets because it happens so frequently and is less special, but having experienced reading some very difficult horaries (one especially where my friend got sick and died) involving Mercury, I changed my mind and regard it as other planets. It makes sense that this is a Mercurial topic and we generally would want Mercury to be swift and direct. The fact that she is retrograde and combust should not be ignored and some things that come to mind are things like her leaving/quitting, or possibly just her not being able to complete the task or at least having a rough start. She is essentially dignified though so she should be capable of the task but for whatever reason she is not on the straight and narrow path. Mercury retro can deal with misinformation, errors in documents, etc. Mercury combust can be doing things that others are unable to see, such as stealing money - but I don't think it is always bad. Since Mercury is dignified that would be less likely. She may just feel overwhelmed by the task but the fact that the Moon is also VOC is also an issue here. It could even be that the project gets delayed or scrapped altogether.

I would at least be very clear to her on her assignment and expect some misinformation and having to redo some things! I might also expect that for some reason she may not complete the task, such as due to leaving. So you might want a back up plan or have someone else maybe do it?

I am going through a Mercury profection year and am finding the influence less negative, though... I just got a new job offer with promotion, began grad school, and am moving (all occurred the past week).
Hey Tanit ,

I hope you will have the best possible outcome soon!

In the meantime . . . I'm finding out more details from 1st house person.
I'll be back later, thanks again Tanit!
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: By cosmicdolphin
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:51 pm

I actually recently analyzed a chart where querent was Jup,
quested was merc

My call was he going back to an ex who will burn him.
2 cents on the issue

Posted: By Part of Fortune Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 pm

dolphin, thanks for your 2 cents. :D

So here?s the background:

I was talking to a friend the other day -- during the course of conversation, I mentioned that Mercury retrograde disrupts communication and my friend told me an interesting situation is going on at her work regarding computer programming. I was curious about how Mercury RX relates to this particular situation so told her that she could send me the question and I would make a horary chart.

The situation:

A querent (my friend) was approached by her big boss (her immediate boss? boss) to do a certain programming task, but due to the querent?s other priorities and the short deadline, the big boss transferred the task to a coworker of the querent (7th house).

The big boss was determined to go through with the plan. The quesited mentioned that the problem might not be solvable. The big boss gave to the quesited certain programming privileges for the first time, because the querent, who usually did those tasks, was short on time. If the quesited accidentally damages the program it will affect the querent because she has to clean up the mess later. Hence my friend?s question of ?will she mess up the program??

Tanit said:
I used to say that Mercury retrograde or combust was not so difficult as other planets because it happens so frequently and is less special, but having experienced reading some very difficult horaries (one especially where my friend got sick and died) involving Mercury, I changed my mind and regard it as other planets. It makes sense that this is a Mercurial topic and we generally would want Mercury to be swift and direct. The fact that she is retrograde and combust should not be ignored and some things that come to mind are things like her leaving/quitting, or possibly just her not being able to complete the task or at least having a rough start. She is essentially dignified though so she should be capable of the task but for whatever reason she is not on the straight and narrow path. Mercury retro can deal with misinformation, errors in documents, etc. Mercury combust can be doing things that others are unable to see, such as stealing money - but I don't think it is always bad. Since Mercury is dignified that would be less likely. She may just feel overwhelmed by the task but the fact that the Moon is also VOC is also an issue here. It could even be that the project gets delayed or scrapped altogether.
If I?m not mistaken, the big boss is also represented by Mercury Rx, Virgo in radix 10th. The coworker?s job (10th) is Pisces which is both detriment and fall of Mercury.

The coworker and the big boss are both combusted so they are not able to see their mistakes (if they make mistakes) -- also nobody is able to see their mistakes either until Mercury separates from the Sun.

My friend is hoping our predictions are all wrong . . . at the moment she is rather feeling :-sk

Hi All,

Mercury reentered into Leo and is no longer combusted but still retrograded and under the sunbeams (at the time of the conversation below).

I asked my friend for an update. She told me she has not heard a word from them, which she thinks means that the big boss has decided the project should be ?scrapped altogether? as Tanit said (quoted earlier).

Thanks for the update. I am curious if they may change their mind later but it does seem like this outcome makes sense with the VOC Moon. It is nice when charts give that kind of info.