Will I get the job?

Hello everyone, it's been a while.. Apparently the last topic I started was this exact question. That makes me smile!

Anyway, outcome is known so thought it would be useful to add to the forum. I'll post the chart first and then post again with my judgement and the outcome. So if you want to use it for practise don't scroll down!

Will I get the job?
Loughborough, UK.
Sunday 17 September 2017
8.27pm

L1 is Venus at 27 Leo, peregrine, direct.
L10 (the job) is Saturn at 21 Sagittarius, own term + face, direct.

Moon is at 24 Leo, peregrine. Separating from trine L10 and applying to conjunct L1 - Hurrah! I'm getting the job.

Oh no, wait... Jupiter is in the way. The Moon carries the light of Saturn to Jupiter by sextile. Jupiter is L12 at 25 Libra, direct.

My open enemies are L7, the other candidates for the job. But this is an employer known for being very difficult to get into as they prioritise internal candidates. So L12 being an internal candidate makes sense. The positive mutual reception would show that the job and the internal candidate know each other well.

I judged that the job would go to the internal candidate (MR with L10 and first in line for translation of light). And that's exactly what happened.

Re: Will I get the job?

kerenhappuch wrote:Hello everyone, it's been a while.. Apparently the last topic I started was this exact question. That makes me smile!

Anyway, outcome is known so thought it would be useful to add to the forum. I'll post the chart first and then post again with my judgement and the outcome. So if you want to use it for practise don't scroll down!

Will I get the job?
Loughborough, UK.
Sunday 17 September 2017
8.27pm
Before scrolling down, my impression was that the querent has got the job but just not intimated about it yet.
Venus->Saturn; Saturn->Moon ->Venus .

Moon translating a trine from the 10th ruler to the querent seems like a clear yes, although Saturn is never easy and makes you work for it. Lack of reception is fine with a trine but still from the 8th Saturn can be tough, and karmic or a lesson of some sort - perhaps this job will teach you some important but difficult lessons...

Why is Venus going in to its fall and Saturn so negative, though? Any planet within 5 degrees of the next sign takes up the energy of that sign. Also, the Moon with the North Node is generally not a positive thing. I hope you thought this job out well before accepting. The nature of Venus and Saturn tend to contrast one another. Venus is an inferior, Saturn the most superior. I see your significator as creative, lively, full of youthful vigor, etc. Look at Saturn though - it looks rather oppressive to me here. The trine makes this easier but I still don't like it when a job is represented this way. The Moon at the NN could be suggesting your talents might not be brought to light or be suppressed. They may make you feel immature, unadvanced, and constantly judged, etc. If it were an internship I might understand this signification. Again, the trine does lessen the negativity but even so Venus and Saturn just in general are not so easy together. Venus is quite gentle whereas Saturn is not.

Saturn is the only planet above the earth in a night chart too, where it is extra cold and difficult, which again emphasizes oppressiveness over Venus. :-sk

It could be that you are not well qualified for the job and might regret taking it once you realize how difficult it is? I do get the impression that Saturn here represents a lot of higher knowledge being necessary. Perhaps that is something you might gain in accepting, though (hopefully).

Is it a job involving technology somehow, with Saturn trine Uranus? Just curious.

Anyway, best of luck however it goes.

I think I had grad school brain (I have been quite busy) when I replied and missed the outcome. I don't think this job is something worth crying over. It didn't look like a good fit anyway. I don't believe it was just because of prioritizing an internal candidate. I think they believed you were not qualified for the job due to lack of education or experience.

You are also right about Jupiter coming between the next aspect, however there may be another opportunity later and the Moon is carrying the light of Saturn to Jupiter, so Jupiter is not just prohibiting the aspect of the Moon to Venus, is is completing the next aspect of the Moon and is generally considered a more positive planet than Saturn (it is also the dispositor of Saturn, and is the greater benefic, so it could be showing another opportunity). The fact that Jupiter receives the Moon (and Venus already) as well would be unlikely to show a hidden enemy. Moon leaving Saturn, a malefic, and going to Jupiter, a benefic, generally would show some potential opportunity, although not much from the 6th house. A hidden enemy would also be unlikely to sextile the Asc ruler and receive it.

Hi Tanit

Yes, it would be a lot of work. A much higher level and more stressful job that I've done before. I would be pretty inexperienced and it would be a stretch, but I'm ready for the leap. At interview they seemed to like my enthusiasm and I thought at least one of the panel would have made the case for hiring someone fresh and enthusiastic to the challenge, rather than playing it safe.

I'm hopeful of another job with the same employer, but as mentioned, it's difficult to gain entry.