lots in angular houses from part of fortune

I know that the rulers of lots in houses that are angular from part of fortune are supposed to be significant, but what about the lots themselves? IE the part of spirit in the 10th from the part of fortune? I haven't found anyone talking about this, so I would assume its not that important, although you would think that it might be somewhat important. Anybody have any opinions or observations about this?

hey - it is a good question! i have read a little on the house position of planets in relation to the lot of fortune, but not of this which you ask about..

i have seen very little literature on this topic and can't recall where i read what i did on it previously... neither have i followed it too closely other then in my own chart and have nothing to offer in terms of speculation on any of it.. i have the ruler of the lot of fortune in the 10th house to the lot which is said to be favourable.. planets in angular houses are said to operate more fully.. i don't know how to qualify these ideas unless i was to make some exhaustive study on it and i haven't.. as for lots in the houses of other lots - that is even more uncharted speculation for me...

I found this excerpt in an article on astrology x files that implies that having the lots in a house angular to the part of fortune is significant.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-file ... ebush.html
Having said that Fortune through its ruler has not been necessarily helpful for him, he does have three planets and the Ascendant in the 10th house from the Lot of Fortune. Valens emphasized this and it is very significant in terms of eminence. Planets in the angles from the Lot of Fortune need careful consideration in this regard. His time with the Texas Rangers baseball team and his political career, show this factor at work. Doors have opened for him by partners in his career having little to do with his abilities beyond this confident Leo persona and his name. Bush's Lot of Spirit is also in the 7th house from Fortune, indicating that his actions will be enhanced by partners (marriage and business) who will give him a lot of help. His Lot of Exaltation is also here indicating his opportunity to stand forth in a major way.
Also I want to add that the zodiacal releasing module on Chris Brennans astrology school website discusses the importance of the lots coming to signs that are angular to the part of fortune, although Chris doesn't directly say whether or not this is important, rather he just says that it denotes crucial periods of time. It would not be much of a stretch though to assume that having lots in signs that are angular to fortune would be important in some way.

thanks skorpio87 - for triggering my memory on some of the basis for this - valens.. maybe chris brennan or curtis - both members of skyscript - could comment?

i am not sure how one would factor these ideas into an overview on a chart.. it seems to me that the part of fortune takes on a very big persona much like the ascendant! this is a dilemma for astrologers who want to incorporate older ideas such as this.. i wonder if it had to do with a lack of knowledge of actual birth times in the era of valens? perhaps this would explain the great emphasis on the houses in relation to the lot of fortune?

in my own chart - the lot of spirit lands in the 4th house using the lot of fortune as a starting point.. to use the analogy offered in your post - i would benefit from my family in some significant way... i am not convinced of this! -

ps - curtis is the one responsible for the x files you have quoted above..

You cannot have the Lot of Daimon in the 10th from the Lot. Most people born at a Quarter have the two Lots in opposition. New, Quarters and Full Moons give stronger nativities, for better or worse.

In the supposed example, Saturn and Mercury are angular, but much more is clear from the powerful place.