Hit and Run Accident

Dear Forum:

On Friday, I was involved in a hit-and-run accident. I wasn?t seriously injured, but my car was in all likelihood totalled. Several witnesses saw the truck that hit my car, but no one got a license plate number or anything of that sort. The police will try to do what they can to find the offending driver, but they didn?t seem to hold out much hope. I have the time the accident occurred from the police report. I am hoping that maybe astrology can help me find some additional information about the driver, and whether or not he/she will be found and held accountable. I am pretty upset, obviously. I rely on my car. It was an older Toyota Corolla, but it was in good condition and I was very attached to it. Although I don?t have official word from my insurance company yet, everyone seems to think it?s a forgone conclusion that they?ll declare my poor Corolla a total loss.

The chart:

[img=http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1382/hitrun.th.jpg]

The data:

August 14th, 2009
4:58pm EDT
St. Augustine Beach, FL USA
29N50?31? 81W16?16?
AC 2Cap04
Moon 6Gem06
Hour: Moon

Background:

I was proceeding north through an intersection at around 40mph. It was raining. I had the green light. When I was about halfway across, a silvery brown truck in the south-bound turning lane attempted to make a left turn. I hit the brakes but it was too late. The airbags deployed. My eyeglasses were knocked off; my right knee got banged up really badly but isn?t sprained or broken. After a few moments, I was able to find my glasses, fortunately. Two other cars--a smaller truck and a beat-up looking red car--got into a fender bender attempting to avoid a collision with the silvery brown truck. I did not see this incident. Initially the police believed that my car had collided with these two cars, but upon questioning everyone (including bystanders), they realized that a hit-and-run driver had caused two separate accidents at the same intersection.

Comments and Questions:

I am assuming that the hit-and-run driver would be a 7th house person, and that his/her vehicle would be a 9th house object (turned 3rd of the 7th). Therefore, I am represented by Saturn and my car by Jupiter. The offending driver is represented by the Moon and his/her car by Mercury. The Moon is, of course, the natural ruler of fugitives so this signification seems quite appropriate. The very next thing Moon does in this chart is enter the 6th house--turned 12th of the 7th--showing the offending driver?s desire to become hidden. Mars in Gemini tenants the 12th house. I believe that Mars has some natural signification over law-breaking activities, so Mars may represent what the hit-and-run driver was trying to hide. Gemini is a sanguine sign, so perhaps the driver wanted to conceal ?lawless blood?--that is, a blood alcohol level over the legal limit. A number of my friends have suggested that the hit-and-run driver could have been drunk or high.

Can we tell from the chart what the driver was doing? Was he on his way home? On his way for a night out? On business? He was headed towards the beach; there are houses & apartments in that area, as well as bars and restaurants. What gender was the driver? Moon suggests a woman, but Gemini could also be male.

Mercury, representing the hit-and-run vehicle, is applying to conjunction with my signifcator, Saturn. Does this mean anything? Venus, ruling the tenth house of the law and judges, is in the 7th house. Could this show that the police find the driver?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Leo-Poet
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok!
It's getting pretty late over here and i'm off to bed so I can't take a closer look at your chart but this Mars looks pretty "guilty" here. it's cadent and has recently attacked your ruler by square. Saturn/Mars square is a crash and they're both disposed by Mercury ( traffic) . The Mars is in Gemini - driving like mad, dangerous driver. I'm really glad that you're ok.

Thanks, Aglaya! So you think that the guilty driver is Mars and not the Moon? It makes sense, because (as you point out) there's a separating aspect between Saturn and Mars. Although the Moon does rule the 7th house of enemies--and somehow, this feels like an 'enemy' type of situation.

One thing I've been mulling is whether or not the guilty driver lives nearby. My neighbor mentioned to me that a friend of hers saw the accident. I've been a little self-conscious about asking my neighbor if I could talk to her friend; of course, the friend may not have actually seen what happened. However, all the emphasis on on Mercury in this chart (so many planets in Mercury-ruled signs) makes me think that the guilty driver could be someone nearby, who lives near me. I have a rental car now and I've actually thought about driving around the area to see if I could spot a truck that looks like the one that hit me.

Anyone else who wants to jump in and offer suggestions is welcome!

Thanks

LP

Hey, leo-Poet!

Well, here's the thing; In the last few charts cast upon similar questions and posted here on forum I was actually respecting the 7th ruler principle mainly (the other party, the thief, fugitives etc.) while other members have decided to look for an obviously "dangerous" planet i.e. a cadent and peregrine planet attacking the Querent's ruler. i guess, that this time, though not peregrine, this Mars inside the 6th and squaring your ruler looked harmful enough to me. But, on the other hand, given that the planets are separating from a square , it might just be saying something about the crash itself rather than the driver. Naturally, in such questions, the Mars could also be the police (officers).
So, I would still include the ruler of the 7th or al least examine it and, that said- just like you've said it yourself, the cusp of the 7th is ruled by the Moon, the natural significator of fugitives and strays which makes it hard to exclude it from the overall picture.

The placement of the peregrine Moon on the 6th cusp doesn't differ much from the placement of the Mars and you just might be right when you say that the driver has been hiding (which, again, we know!). The Moon being un-aspected in the moment of the question obviously prevents anyone from reaching/finding him and denotes the current Status Quo. But its next application is to Mercury and, given that it is the ruler of the 9th/turned 3rd (his vehicle but also movement, travel etc.) and that it receives the Moon in the sign of its rulership, I wonder if that might help him to escape (I really wouldn't like to see that happen and deeply hope I'm wrong!)

I also wonder if the exact aspects of Mars (police) to Sun (authorities, judges) and Jupiter (benefic and 12th ruler) could be of some help here though, I'd really love to see those planets applying to the ruler of the driver.

What's interesting in this chart is the (potential) description of the driver- while, when represented by other planets, the age of the offender can be judged by their nature (Jupiter- middle-aged, Saturn-old etc.), in cases when the fugitive/stry is represented by the Moon, his/her age is usually determined by the "age" of the planet (John Gadbury, OF THEFTS, FUGITIVES, AND STRAYS, &c. Doctrine of Horary Questions) and here we've got the Moon in Her last quarter potentially suggesting an older offender! And, while the placement of Mercury (another ruler of fugitives) so close to the Querent's ruler could be suggesting that the person is close, the fact that the Moon is more than 90 degrees distant from L1 could be saying that the ofender is far or at least not close enough to be discovered. But probably alone or with no one to help as the planet is currently unaspected.

With the application of Mercury (the dispositor of Mars as well as of the offender's ruler) to your Asc ruler, i really do hope that the things will develop in positive direction for you!

Thanks, Aglaya. Your analysis was really interesting. I'll post some more comments after I've digested it a bit.

I think I mentioned that there was another accident that occured at the same time--two other cars collided attempted avoid being hit the fugitive driver who wrecked my car. I found out recently that one of those drivers was arrested at the scene on a DUI. So, I am wondering where that might be showing up in the chart or if I even need to worry about it?

Thanks again.

Leo-poet

I will take another look tomorrow!
two other cars collided attempted avoid being hit the fugitive driver who wrecked my car. I found out recently that one of those drivers was arrested at the scene on a DUI. So, I am wondering where that might be showing up in the chart or if I even need to worry about it?
Are you saying that another victim was actually arrested that day? (or am I just too sleepy!? :) ) On what grounds? Did they think that it was him who had caused multiple crashes? ( what were the bystanders looking at, then?!)

Of course, I don't think we can get many informations from the Moon here as there are no aspects but maybe we should re-examine Mars.

Other Victim

Well, yes and no. When the truck that hit my car was fleeing the scene, two other cars collided with one another attempting to avoid hitting the fugitive. One of those drivers was apparently drunk and got arrested. I am not sure you could exactly call her a 'victim' of the collision--she didn't hit my car or the fleeing truck. She hit some other car--she was trying to avoid me and the hit-and-run driver. There were two different accidents that happened at the same time.

The accident chart has several planets in double-bodied signs, which reflects the fact that numerous people and cars were involved.

I am pretty tired today. I was looking a cars all day. Last time I went new car-shopping, it was fun. This time it isn't. Grrrr.

Leo-Poet