Do we have to pay a late fee, etc?

Do we have to pay a late fee? (A dog license renewal)

The chart was done on Tuesday, 19 Sept. 2017 @10:37am.
San Francisco, California (US) I was feeling very frustrated and ready to <BITE> :evil: the person who sent us the Final Notice for Dog License Renewal.

I am Scorpio and my dog is Aries. Our significator Mars is peregrine and sitting in 10th house (Leo) with conjunct Mercury who rules 11th house (Virgo). L10, the Sun conjunct and combusted the Moon. Both planets are in 11th house opposing Chiron. I was disgusted about our city's incompetent Tax Collector Office.

On July 4, 2017 we sent our check by certified mail to City and County Tax Collector for a three year dog license renewal. Our bank record shows on July 6 (that's two days later) the check was cashed (before the official due date).

On Monday September 18th (that's 74 days after the check was cashed) we received the Final Notice from the City and County Tax Collector asking us to renew the license once more meaning, to include another check plus this time a late fee to the Tax Collector's office. The reason was it's taken more than 30 days to send in the spay/neuter certificate.

We have a 13 year old dog who has been neutered since he was five months old (he was born on Sept. 4, 2004) and it has been already in the city's record.

Well here's the chart and there's a surprise ending that I will tell you in a later posting. In the meantime, would anybody like to have a go at it?

https://i.postimg.cc/Hx0MZVk3/Do-we-hav ... 5-8859.gif

Here is some past history:

In 2011, we sent a renewal license check. A week or so later, we received a letter from the Tax Collector office, asking us to prove our dog's neutering. We were surprised by the request at that time, he had been neutered for 6 years and it was in the city's record along with his birthday, breed, etc. But we sent the copy of our receipt from Arguello Pet Hospital (a reputable business) showing that the operation was performed in February 2005. Later the city sent us receipt of license renewal.

My partner was in the mood to start paying all over. He said the government can get away with whatever they want and you can't win so just send the license fee (again) and late fee with certificate from the current vet's office (No way I'll do that!).

So, I called my dog's current vet and explained that we never got the certificate from the other place (because back then, the city never asked for it) but I need one now to send to the city.

After that, I called Tax Collector's office and talked to a male clerk explaining that back on July 4th, I talked to one of your reps named _____ and I told her that I don't have the certificate but I have a copy of receipt of his operation from 2005. She told me that will do and if they need more information they'll get in touch with me, etc. I asked the male clerk why it took 74 days for the city to reply and now they are saying the three year license I just purchased was not valid anymore (due to expiration of the 30 days grace period) and now I have to pay the same fee again along with late fee, etc. etc.

I have to say the workers I talked with were very nice (and sympathetic). Hearing my explanation this male clerk was surprised but he couldn't figure it out why, so he sent my request to Animal Care & Control office. He said their people have to call me within 3 days and explain the situation.

I really didn't want to wait for the Animal Care & Control people to call back. Who knows, it might take 3 full days (remember, I'm Mars and peregrine). So I called their office and explained. Well, here the same story. Their record shows that last registration was 2015 and yes, the record said our dog is neutered but their office doesn't handle the license fee, it's the Tax Collector Office, so you need to speak to them. I said I've just spoken to them less than an hour ago and they told me the same thing that you people are the ones that I need to talk to . . . (sigh).
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

Although I know the outcome but at the time of erecting the chart, I was dreading to see so many planets in the government house (10th). I wasn't sure which house represented the dog license. Since the money has to be paid to the City and County Tax Collector, could it be the 8th house of collecting other people's money? In the end I decided the dog license will be in the 11th house of regulation.

There's the Sun in that house and the Moon is at the cusp, controlling that house but she is combusted by the Sun. Both of them are peregrine; that's so far four peregrine planets (the Sun, the Moon, the Venus and Mars).

The Moon is approaching Saturn in Sagittarius 2nd house oh, Saturn is not peregrine! It's in his term and also Jupiter, L2 is in Libra and not peregrine as well (it is in the Face but better than none) feeling slightly better, I moved on.

The Moon and Saturn are squaring each other. Saturn is in my partner's 2nd house (he is the one agree to paying twice). The Sun and Saturn are separating now and to me it looks like the government took the money and ran.

The Mercury is in domicile and it is the lord of 8th and 11th looking strong.

Jupiter who is the ruler of 2nd house is in 12th and separated from Saturn but applying sextile to Venus, L7th. So who is she (or he)? So far I talked to a male clerk at the Tax Collector Office. A female clerk earlier in same office. Another female clerk at the Animal Control Office.

~ Stopping here for the night.
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi PoF - I haven't had time to read/analyze this thoroughly but I just wanted to say that I just moved out of San Francisco and noticed the same incompetence with my dog's licensing. I had to resubmit proof several times and they also kept losing my change of address notification. They will probably keep sending bills to an apartment I haven't lived in for three years. :-?

Hi Tanit and all,

SF has far more dogs than children. I wonder how many people are in the same situation? I am looking forward to read your analysis and thank you! No hurry, take your time, the outcome is already known to me but I am sure your reading will have a lot of interesting astrological and psychological input.

Here are more facts:

I said earlier that I spoke to reps from two different depts. and each said the other would be responsive to my problem. I left it where a female clerk at Animal Care and Control said their office doesn't handle the license fee, it's the Tax Collector Office, and so I needed to speak to them. I said I had just spoken to them less than an hour ago and they told me the same thing -- that you people are the ones that I need to talk to.

So to be continued:
at this point a female clerk realized the situation and said that the problem is very complicated and instead of talking to a clerk I really should ask to speak to their supervisor.

I asked her to let me start with talking to her supervisor first and see what she would say. (The truth is I didn't want to go through calling them again -- these automated prerecorded messages really take your time and you get stuck holding your phone next to your ear forever) -- Well, it looks like I convinced her and she put me on hold.

After a while, she came back and said the supervisor is out at the moment but would get back to me later. I thought to myself "oh great, when?"

So here, I'm asking anybody who wants to make a simple yes or no answer, such as my partner who said "yes". Because the government can get away with whatever they want and you can't win. (He thinks a lot of you will agree with him no astrological analysis here). :D

Anyway, this above information and the chart -- are they enough to be the basis for an analysis?
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmm.. The way I see It, taxes are an 8th house matter and the 8th ruler is being translated via the Moon to Saturn in the 2nd house, where it has also collected the light of the 10th ruler (governmental process). If it were the other way around, I would say you would have to pay (if the 2nd ruler applied to the 8th house). Normally, the Moon square Saturn is quite negative, but here I think it is saying you will not have to pay the late fee. I think it is showing the mistake on their part and the difficulty you are having in getting this sorted out. The Sun tends to be an understanding sort of planet as well and receives Saturn in the 2nd by triplicity, emphasizing that they believe you should not have to pay (they agree). The are under the influence of Mercury Virgo and are following their sometimes silly processes and just needed the proof of spay/neutering, I am guessing, and proof that you sent the bill in July. Perhaps you may even be refunded for that (the 8th to the 2nd can show money from them to you).

Part of Fortune wrote: I said earlier that I spoke to reps from two different depts. and each said the other would be responsive to my problem. I left it where a female clerk at Animal Care and Control said their office doesn't handle the license fee, it's the Tax Collector Office, and so I needed to speak to them. I said I had just spoken to them less than an hour ago and they told me the same thing -- that you people are the ones that I need to talk to.

So to be continued:
at this point a female clerk realized the situation and said that the problem is very complicated and instead of talking to a clerk I really should ask to speak to their supervisor.

I asked her to let me start with talking to her supervisor first and see what she would say. (The truth is I didn't want to go through calling them again -- these automated prerecorded messages really take your time and you get stuck holding your phone next to your ear forever) -- Well, it looks like I convinced her and she put me on hold.

After a while, she came back and said the supervisor is out at the moment but would get back to me later. I thought to myself "oh great, when?"

To my surprise the supervisor called me in a short while. She knew our problem and said that she would help us. She was on her computer, asked me several questions and I gave her the valid information. During the course of our conversation I mentioned to her about my dog’s neutered certification that I could send to the Tax Collector Office. To this, she answered (looking at her computer) “It said neutered???. So that was that!

Hearing that it was all updated, I was so happy -- I thanked her and told her we would send a thank you card and donate the money that could have ended up at the Tax Collector Office – her department (Animal Care and Control) will have it instead of the Tax Collector Office getting it.

Although the supervisor at Animal Care and Control said it was updated, I had not received my dog’s renewal license receipt from the city. That was a bit worrisome. So Tuesday I called the Tax Collector Office once more to find out what was going on.

Today (Friday), October 6, 2017 at 2:18PM, I received an email from them saying our dog’s license is current with an attachment: the dog license receipt with a new license number. Wow, at last -- it took them 93 days after they cashed our check!

I wonder if that nice female supervisor could be represented by Venus (7th) at the top of the chart . . .?

Hey Tanit,

We received a thank you letter from Animal Care & Control. It was a small donation we made but they were happy to hear that we praised that nice supervisor and a worker. With a handwritten note next to the Executive Director's name saying "Sorry this was so messy!" . . . referring to the trouble we went through. So this concludes my report on the Dog License affair -- 113 days after the original check was cashed.