Elsie Scully-Hicks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ghter.html

According to this Daily Mail article, Elsie Scully-Hicks was born on 17th November 2014, and taken from her drug addict mother into the care of the Vale of Glamorgan Council. Her birth name was Shayla O'Brien, her grandmother wanted to become her legal guardian but the authorities deemed that she wouldn't be able to cope. She was murdered by her adoptive father.

She died on May 29th 2016.

Natal Phaethon is 14 degrees Capricorn, conjunct her Mars at 16.5 degrees Capricorn. Transiting Phaethon when she died was 2.5 degrees Gemini. I see that Phaethon Mars as more a very early transit than a natal aspect, as its orb is 2.5 degrees wide; it seems to describe what happened just after her birth, Phaethon moving approximately 12 degrees per month or one degree every 2.5 days, when it is not stationing.

Her Mars' antiscion is 13.5 degrees Sagittarius, and Mars and its antiscion seem to be heavily aspected and transited. I think the long transit backwards and forwards of Uranus over 16.5 degrees Aries, squaring her Mars, was significant.

This is a noon chart, as her time of birth is not known. (The midwife probably did write it on the baby's records).
Last edited by fleur on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

This poor child Shayla O'Brien was deprived of a mother so I would look to the Moon in this chart.

The noon time may not be far off because the Moon significantly is void of course and also conjoins the star Alkaid/Benetnash which is very unfortunate. It often denotes catastrophe and disaaster.

Otherwise I doubt that astrology can demonstrate the enormity of the suffering and horror this poor little girl endured.

Vicki wrote:This poor child Shayla O'Brien was deprived of a mother so I would look to the Moon in this chart.

The noon time may not be far off because the Moon significantly is void of course and also conjoins the star Alkaid/Benetnash which is very unfortunate. It often denotes catastrophe and disaaster.

Otherwise I doubt that astrology can demonstrate the enormity of the suffering and horror this poor little girl endured.
Yes the Moon is vital here, as it represents her mother and grandmother, who were not allowed to keep her. It is void of course. Also, there are transits during January 2016 that are extremely focussed, where Jupiter stations at 23 degrees Virgo 14 minutes and the transiting mean Moons North Node is 25.5 degrees Virgo on January 1st. Uranus is 16.5 degrees Aries, and Pluto is entering square aspect, between 15 and 16 degrees Capricorn during January 2016. Saturn is 13 degrees Sagittarius.

When she died at the end of May 2016, transiting Jupiter and Saturn are squaring from 13 degrees Virgo to 13 degrees Sagittarius, Pluto is 17 degrees Capricorn, sitting on her Mars, and Neptune is 12 degrees Pisces, very close to its station. Chiron is 25 degrees Pisces, somewhere around opposing her Moon.

That transiting Chiron in Pisces opposing her natal Moon when she died seems to speak lots about the wound of her need for her mother and grandmother, and maybe her crying was grieving for them. She was a baby, and had been physically part of them.

A lot of the chart seems to be focussed around Mars square Moons Nodes, representing being ripped away from her tribe, and also the people in her later immediate environment. Her natal Chiron is 13 degrees Pisces and Moons Node 17 degrees Libra, so they form an antiscion conjunction that gets pounded by Pluto, Neptune and Uranus, as does her Mars at 17 degrees Capricorn. But if only we knew exactly where her Moon is.

A strange astrological pattern that I have noticed in the periphery of my observation, is that when Phaethon makes a hard aspect to the Sun, then the Moon, which is by default, maybe uniquely, "closed", becomes "open". I don't anything like fully understand this binary pattern and use these terms as placeholders.

Shayla's Phaethon was making one of these aspects to her Sun, which would make her Moon especially sensitive, and "open". IsisTranspluto is aspected in her chart that it is probably "opening" her Moon, and the powerful outer planet transits during her short life might have been good if Uranus were not part of them. Uranus seems to be able to turn outer planet transits into their exact opposite.

Very well put Fleur esp. referencing Chiron and the Moon.

With regard to the position of the Moon I think it very likely it could be around 25-27 Virgo. I forgot to mention that the Moon in Virgo is in its Fall position making it even more likely she had a Virgo Moon and not Libra.
Also 27 degrees Virgo is the Fall degree of Venus.

A speculative chart for me (sorry I can't upload it to the forum) would be around 27 Aries rising for the following reasons:-

1. 27 Aries conjoins the massive Andromeda black hole. I would have expected to find issues of sacrifice in this chart. I see Shayla as a sacrificial victim.

2. The Moon would be close to 27 Virgo thus forming a quincunx aspect to the asc.and also that nasty Sun/ Saturn conj. at 25 Scorpio would also be quincunx the asc. Barbara Watters regards the quincunx aspect as often indicating death. I have also found this to be the case.

3. The Scorpio planets would be in the 8th (whole signs)including the Moon ruler Mercury.

4. The Part of Fortune would be around 28 Aquarius squaring Sun/Saturn.

5. Pluto would conjoin the MC.

6. In fact with this asc. there would be a "Finger of Fate" configuration.
Sun/Saturn sextile Moon both quincunx the asc. Both luminaries (her "parents") would be challenging the ascendant and thus her well being.

7. Saturn/Sun are square Algol (no more to be said !) and Saturn rules that nasty Mars which is conjoin Phaethon, Fleur you say.

Having thought about it a lot (because this case has distressed me) I now think such a chart I have outlined would actually demonstrate the life of this poor child better than I had earlier thought possible.

When I've more time and ability I'll try to upload the speculative chart. I am very persuaded by the Finger of Fate. Poor soul.