UAE - United Arab Emirates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates

economist article on them from april 2017..
https://www.economist.com/news/middle-e ... beyond-its

the noon time is the actual time - dec 2nd 1971 - that is used for the chart for uae...

lots to see! full moon involving conjunctions jupiter-sun, and saturn-moon, while all square onto a rising mars in the first house... it is indeed an ambitious chart... i note the concentration of planets in mutable signs... what is driving all of it? i see 3 planets in the cardinal signs - venus, pluto and uranus... venus in cap squares onto pluto in libra... uranus forms a nice sextile to jupiter in sag... jupiter in turn squares onto the mars rising.. overly ambitious is what i get from it all and from reading the economist article - that really reinforces it.. presently the transit of neptune runs thru all of the chart very strongly... in the natal chart - neptune rises ahead of the sun... the religious and political ideology and goals of uae must be considered quite central, not to mention the oil and exploitation of all that can be gotten thru the reserves they sit on....

the country seems to be driven largely by Muhammad bin Zayed - mbz, as i referred to him in the saudi arabia thread... his day chart is below.. one is immedately confronted with the moon opposite mars.. remember it is just a noon time, which is not an exact for him, but used as a substitute..
both moon and mars are in their detriment... i am not sure how anyone would be able to interpret that in a favourable context, but if someone would care to share - i would be interested! 3 planets in capricorn, with the ruler - saturn - squared onto a venus in aries - also in it's detriment... clearly it is the chart of a conservative person, especially with regard to the role of women and etc. etc... funny how trump has the venus-saturn conjunction in cancer and has been accused of being a sexist and very traditional with regard to the role women play, however he recognizes there strength by using them in large numbers in his administration and etc.. i don't know that mbz would do any such thing! i really know very little about the man, or about uae as a country, other then what i read..

"Stoning is a legal punishment in the UAE. In May 2014, an Asian housemaid was sentenced to death by stoning in Abu Dhabi." from the wikipedia page... one quickly gets the drift...

also from the wikipedia page - "In the UAE, a marriage union between a Muslim woman and non-Muslim man is punishable by law..."

the dominant religion is islam - 76%.. of that 85% are sunni, and 15& shia.. i am going to guess wahabbism is very central to uae as it is to saudi arabia... i wonder if mbz is going to come out anytime soon proclaiming he is going move towards a moderate form of islam? i kind of doubt it... maybe this is only something mbs can talk about - image perhaps being a central rationale for it all...

edit - image fix..
Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Arab Emirates is a federation of 7 Emirates and has a population of 9.2 million of which only 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates. The city of Dubai is the most culturally diverse part of the UAE with 83% of its population foreign born residents. Being a federation means consulting with fellow members for any important political decision and finding a compromise. Having 6 foreigners living in your country for each citizen means having a way to accommodate and find a way of life that works with everyone.

The wealth of the country comes from different sources depending the actual emirate. Ajman the smallest of them is primarily agricultural. Fujaira fifth largest derives primarily its revenues from cement production and having spectacular beaches and a population of 150,000. Ras al-Khaimah has a population of 250,000 including foreigners and derives its revenues from iron mining. The oil producing emirate is Abu Dhabi and is the most conservative amongst them. Dubai lives off tourism and has been building the necessary infrastructure to attend to them: from one of the best airlines in the world (Emirates) to seven-star hotels, to a huge duty-free shop that happens to be an airport as well, to having recently become bigger than the UK for horse races and horse breeding. This seems to be the most liberal of the Emirates and alcohol consumption is permitted in bars and restaurants.

One major religious difference with Saudi Arabia seems to be the fact that Shia Muslims and other religions like Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are allowed places of worship.

While Wahhabbi/Salafist Sunni Islam is influential in all the Gulf states the UAE is also different from Saudi Arabia in still having a sizeable number of Sufis in the population. This might be why the UAE has taken a critical stance against the Saudi Wahhabbi/Salafist interpretation of Islam which suppresses other Islamic sects or other religions from being practised in public.

https://www.theglobalist.com/soul-of-is ... countries/

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-differe ... udi-Arabia

http://thedailyjournalist.com/the-histo ... t-history/

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

mark,

thanks for bringing more insights into the uae..

i read the 3 links you provided. thanks.. check that economist link i offered, if you haven't already.. uae is working at grabbing ports in the surrounding area and were responsible for taking aden yemen.. both saudi arabia and uae are working at the ongoing destabilization of yemen as i read it, even if they don't practice the exact same form of islam.

it is hard to get good info as i see it.. i wonder how much of the articles are being sponsored by the gov'ts.. i have no way of knowing..