What in this chart shows a beautiful singing voice?

Only a noon chart.

A butterfly in a museum is not the same as one flying in its natural space, but I was curious where the magic in her voice comes from.

The transit of IsisTranspluto to her Sun, which aspects a lot in her chart, could be significant. I think maybe her Moon is around 17.5 degrees Gemini, which would make that fragile butterfly caught in the 45 degree/135 degree aspects to her Chiron Uranus opposition. A potentially difficult Moon that can indicate autistic traits, but here it is getting powerful long term good transit from IsisTranspluto. Of course, I am only guessing exactly where the Moon is, as I don't know her time of birth.

Her natal Sedna is 4 degrees Taurus 50 minutes, antiscion 25 degrees Leo 10 minutes, so part of a big pattern in her chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaAdT3zHLs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9gine_Chassagne

There are so many timed charts for great singers Fleur. I really dont understand why you keep trying to resolve such questions without a chart with houses!

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:There are so many timed charts for great singers Fleur. I really dont understand why you keep trying to resolve such questions without a chart with houses!

Mark
Her voice, and everything about her has a really special quality that I was curious about. Drawing even a noon chart makes everything clearer than just looking in the ephemeris. I don't often hear singers who I consider great, there is more to magic than a "perfect" voice. She has it, a lot of professional singers just don't. She isn't just any great singer. She is unique.

It isn't houses that I use, my main problem with not having a birth time is not having an exact place for the Moon. And the chart angles would be useful. But I can live without the houses quite happily.

The Moon has to be in Gemini, and that shines through her. As well as her powerful Leo Sun.

hi fleur,

if someone asked me if i could explain why someone had blue eyes via the chart, i would tell them i can't !!! i think one can see artistic inclinations that are more highlighted, but again - there is an artistic element to human nature and no one is devoid of it, in spite of appearances to the contrary... so, i am even more crazed out by the idea of explaining why someone has a great voice!! it can be rationalized any number of astrological ways, but whether it is true or not - i am not so sure..

now, if i was a real joker, i would be trying to figure out what it is in your chart that makes you want to find the astrological answer for everything thru the gateway of isis/transpluto - but i don't !!! well - that is for you to continue to figure out, LOLOL...

i will say this - anyone with saturn in leo is going to need to find some artistic outlet - whatever it is, if they know what is good for them!

I'm not a big fan of noon charts with an unknown birth time. My mind always reads the cusps as real, which causes me to make unwarranted assumptions. I think it's better to input the birth time as "unknown," and then to read the chart without house cusps. With Astrodienst you'll get a default noon birth time anyway, such that we have to acknowledge that the moon could move 6 degrees in either direction.

In the case of a singer, valid house cusps seem important, because the second house rules the throat. Supposedly Venus in the second is an indicator of a good singing voice, as Venus in Taurus would be. Obviously many singers don't have this placement, but then you might find another salient house being activated.

Of course, many people have lovely singing voices, but they never make a successful career out of it. With a professional singer, we may be looking at MC/10th house matters, as well.

waybread wrote:I'm not a big fan of noon charts with an unknown birth time. My mind always reads the cusps as real, which causes me to make unwarranted assumptions. I think it's better to input the birth time as "unknown," and then to read the chart without house cusps. With Astrodienst you'll get a default noon birth time anyway, such that we have to acknowledge that the moon could move 6 degrees in either direction.

In the case of a singer, valid house cusps seem important, because the second house rules the throat. Supposedly Venus in the second is an indicator of a good singing voice, as Venus in Taurus would be. Obviously many singers don't have this placement, but then you might find another salient house being activated.

Of course, many people have lovely singing voices, but they never make a successful career out of it. With a professional singer, we may be looking at MC/10th house matters, as well.
For some reason, those unknown time charts are difficult for my eyes to decipher, which is why I use noon charts when I don't know the birth times. I suppose if houses are important to you I can understand that your instinctive way of looking at the chart gets thrown by a noon chart with house cusps that may not be right. I will try to get used to those charts where you input the time as unknown. I don't know why I find the look of them so offputting.

Good point about talent not always showing up in a successful career. This may indicate chart angles, and particularly the Midheaven, being involved?

Strangely I found a chart with a Rodden rating A on astro data bank, of another woman with a beautiful voice. Loreena McKennitt. What Waybread says about the second house is interesting, as this chart has the Moon in the second house, and the Moon does seem to be especially significant in this chart. Not just because the Moon is exactly opposition Phaethon at 15 degrees Aries. Her Moon squares her Saturn's antiscion in the fifth house....something James said about Saturn in Leo and creativity.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/McKennitt,_Loreena

Fleur wrote:Strangely I found a chart with a Rodden rating A on astro data bank, of another woman with a beautiful voice. Loreena McKennitt. What Waybread says about the second house is interesting, as this chart has the Moon in the second house, and the Moon does seem to be especially significant in this chart. Not just because the Moon is exactly opposition Phaethon at 15 degrees Aries. Her Moon squares her Saturn's antiscion in the fifth house....something James said about Saturn in Leo and creativity.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/McKennitt,_Loreena
Mind you, astromedically speaking, the second house corresponds with the throat, including the vocal cords.

Further, in the case of Loreena McKennit, we are dealing with an "artistic" Libra Moon, that is in sextile to a Mercury/Venus conjunction in the 5th house. And that means: Showtime!
Last edited by Michael Sternbach on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

McKennit was or is an extremely popular singer in Canada.

Since the moon rules one's emotional nature, which singers express through music, its placement in the 2nd house seems very apt.

waybread wrote:McKennit was or is an extremely popular singer in Canada.

Since the moon rules one's emotional nature, which singers express through music, its placement in the 2nd house seems very apt.
I had only just listened to her a few days ago for the first time, but thought the chart looked interesting. I have noticed that the Moon can indicate popularity or otherwise, as also can the Moons Nodes.