How to handle difficult transits.

These remarks are aimed at difficult transits, generally, from Saturn outwards. Unlike Mars or Jupiter, They can go on for weeks or months and therefore require special handling.

1. Don’t try to avoid them. Bad transits will get to you wherever you try to hide. But, for us astrologers, preparation helps. Forewarned is forearmed.

2. Astrology books are useful but they don’t always specifically relate to the events as they unfold. A bad transit can mess things up in any area of life and not just the traditional houses.

3. Good advice is to hunker down. Don’t aggravate the situation by beginning new projects at this time, avoid difficult situations where possible. Don’t start any arguments with other people. Be the diplomat.

4. Avoid travel, where possible, especially with Saturn.

5. The ephemeris won’t always tell you when a bad transit will end. But you will know. One day you will wake up feeling lighter – lightheaded even – and you will know it is past.

6. Be brave and don’t think God is out to get you. Everyone has lousy transits.

John Wilson – UK astrologer for 40 years.
"The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction." - William Blake

Why avoid travel with Saturn? I would probably not move during that time because Saturn suggests needing to create roots and building on things that already exist, but what does travel have to do with Saturn? Do you think it would lack enjoyment? A stay in a quiet, secluded location would be great during such a transit. I would not recommend someone going to a big city and partying it up, though. If anything, I would warn against travel with Mars, since it tends to bring accidents and danger.

Also, Mars and Jupiter sometimes go through long retrograde periods. For example, 2010 had Mars retrograde for 2 months.

Quite right. And here you have detected holes in my argument. But delays in travel are common on Saturn transits - hanging around in stations for a late train, alternative bookings full up, etc. And, yes, that <i>would</i> lack enjoyment. The "quiet, secluded location" would naturally suit the transit as a <i> stationary</i> place for Saturnine reflections. Yes, Mars could be avoided, but that might depend on its aspects in your natal chart or the current configuration; whether the traveller generally "gets on" with Mars or not. We definitely see eye-to-eye on partying it up! :'

You are also quite right about retrograde motion. What are your expanded thoughts about that?

This is a very necessary Thread. I tried to raise one myself several years ago called Transit Management but nobody really was interested.

I think all the planets except perhaps Venus and Jupiter can cause problems.

I'm interested in your opinions of the sort of Black Hole effect I get before an transit really kicks in.

Let's say I know Mars is coming around to upset me. So I make a note in my diary NOT to initiate confrontational situations.

Having done that I then go and celebrate by picking a fight with somebody.

Last year I couldn't be bothered to try to fight an aspect Uranus was making to my Moon.

AND GOD HAVE I PAID THE PRICE FOR THAT EVER SINCE and perhaps it will ONLY be resolved in the New Year, when surprise surprise Uranus begins to move away from my Moon.

I agree with your advice that it is necessary to roll with whatever punches the planet is bringing.

It does seem impossible to ignore some of the energies around, and you certainly shouldn't fight them or try to suppress them.

I don't believe that Transits bring things into our lives. I imagine it will soon be shown that subtle Hormone changes occur during a Transit.

It is really just how we choose to react. But for some, a very few, they do take over.

But for the big -VE it is a case of keep your head down and your expectations low.

Further, I think we begin to realise that The Stars are at work on use most of the time.

And how healthy is that ? With out The Stars and The Moon life would become terribly stagnate.

N'est pas ?

H

Dear H,

“Let's say I know Mars is coming around to upset me. So I make a note in my diary NOT to initiate confrontational situations. Having done that I then go and celebrate by picking a fight with somebody.???

My guess is we are not sharp enough to see it coming - and then realise what is happening after the fact. Maybe memory too; (“Damn! I forgot to buy the milk!)

“Last year I couldn't be bothered to try to fight an aspect Uranus was making to my Moon.???

I often regard transits as like the weather. Black clouds? It’s going to rain – so don’t forget your coat!

This analogy can be applied to Uranus when lightning is threatening to strike. A charge accumulates in the clouds and then, wham! What’s more we cannot predict <i>where</i> the lighting will strike. Uranus/Moon is especially difficult because we get hit in our emotions. Nasty.

“I agree with your advice that it is necessary to roll with whatever punches the planet is bringing.???

Yes. Perhaps it requires an ancient Chinese sort of wisdom.

“I don't believe that Transits bring things into our lives. I imagine it will soon be shown that subtle Hormone changes occur during a Transit.???

Okay. Can you explain a bit more about that?

“I'm interested in your opinions of the sort of Black Hole effect I get before a transit really kicks in.???

But what is the Black Hole? Connected with physics?

“But for the big -VE it is a case of keep your head down and your expectations low.???

Sure. Keep one’s head down and wait it out.

N'est pas ? – Mais, bien sûr!

John
:D

Well I'm almost Fanatical about watching transits so I think I'll ONLY reply to your questions about The stars NOT making us do things, just perhaps easing or restricting, and how we sort of get sucked into things, by sort of deception before the normal Orbs are activated.

1/ As a Man when I "read" that I'm going to meet a Sexy Lady, I know really what it means is that Mars will be increasing my Testosterone levels.

Lots of Ladies are going to look Sexy.

2/ I'll notice that a disharmonious conflict bringing Transit is nearing so I'll clear my diary. Peace ? Calm ?

But suddenly rearing up in front of me is some pillock wanting a fight.

I'm NOT explaining this right but it is as if the peaceful state releases the "demons" ....

This also occurs in the Stock Markets where before push up in prices you often get a pull back. I don't see any reason for that other than the Black Hole effect.

If Mars for example is coming closer I don't see why I should be getting anything other than more Hot under the Collar.

H