Is he seeing someone else?

Someone tried to set me up with a friend. Don't ask me why, but I have the striking suspicion that said person is seeing someone else, especially after he agreed to meet and my number was given to him and he failed to use it, although he confirmed being single, in this day and age it is extremely unfortunate that "single" does not really mean "single," and means "not in an exclusive relationship with someone else, but possibly having sexual or emotional relations with other people."

In any case I drew up a horary and voila! An applying conjunction between Mercury and Saturn, ruler of the 7th house.

I'm not the most subjective person after seeing this and feel like maybe I should just cancel the whole thing. But for the benefit of the rules of the astro community here's my interpretation --

Me - Moon in Aqua (8th)
Him - Saturn in Sag (6th)
Aspect - Applying sextile, Moon is fastest and will aspect several planets before finding Saturn

Mercury (3rd party) is applying slowly to a conjunction with Saturn. Mercury lacks dignity, is almost stationary retrograde, and Saturn does not receive Mercury, but does receive me and Mars in Libra by exaltation. My guess is, Mars is a male friend or even the mutual friend who set us up. My next aspect is to Mars who is also devoid of dignity but is in mutual reception with Venus.

Mercury's condition initially gave me the impression that despite there being something he is speaking to the matter will ultimately fail because the conjunction occurs in the 6th (cadent) and Mercury lacks dignity and Saturn does not receive Mercury. However, as we all know, the conjunction speaks volumes and there may be a consummation of sorts albeit however negatively it turns out - which is what I think will happen. I think there will be an event, not sure, he will meet someone or have sex with someone and it will end poorly. It's not my desire but I have to read the horary as accurately as possible for the benefit of the art.

After Mercury perfects a conjunction to Saturn it will go retrograde. The interaction will fall apart and Mercury and Saturn will go their separate ways symbolizing the end of their relationship or whatever interaction they will have. I'm also on the fence about this consummation because Saturn by virtue is cold and mean. I'm not sure how Mercury in its condition conjoining Saturn would turn out as a whole, perhaps the conjunction itself is going to be a "rejection," but then again, the question is: is he seeing someone else? so that might be too technical...

On the flipside, I am Moon, the quickest body in the horary and despite making a wadload of aspects to everyone celestially possible, I end up somehow flying past everyone and joining him as the final aspect in this horary. Implicit in this is the real possibility that I fly so quickly I end up sabotaging their crappy conjunction. Not sure if anyone has experience with an aspect scenario like this, but I'd expect a conjunction to interpose and not a SEXTILE, but seeing as how Mercury is in awful condition and Saturn receives the Moon, it might actually work.

Please offer your thoughts on this horary. Thank you.

You being in Saturn's domicile is suggestive of your interest him, not him receiving you, per se. Also, you are in his house, as well as his domicile, suggesting again your focused interest in him. By contrast, he is not interested in you, at all. He does not receive you and he is about to change signs into the sign of your detriment, Cap., suggesting that he is not likely to become more interested. But this is as things are, status quo. Mercury conj. could be f***ing or fighting.

The fact you asked/received this question, to begin with, was probably your intuition warning you he is a bit, you know...not what you are looking for.

You can always go on a date and see if you get an iffy vibe about him, or not.

I'd throw another chart asking "If this man is compatible with me" since that is what you really want to know. If that was the underlying question to this horary, I'd say, No.

I hope that helps. But please update!

Hi Janey,

Thanks for your interpretation.

A few questions for you:

1. You don't seem to be disputing that there is someone involved. You said could be f--g or fighting. But you didn't say "maybe no one at all" and "maybe not a romantic partner." Did I get you right?

2. Do you have a technique for which it is, f-g or fighting? Or is Mercury's condition important for this question?

Hi SG,

If your question was about another romantic partner, specifically, then the chart will out that, specifically. Next we look for clues regarding who Saturn is involved with or coming from, and the relationship between those players. So, in this chart, Saturn's only aspect is with Mercury, with Mercury being the faster planet, the one more inclined for the union. Saturn does not like Mercury by essential dignity and Saturn is in his 12th house. I seriously doubt Saturn is up to ANYTHING romantic with Mercury! Mercury itself is quite weak, also, and not receiving Saturn. So, again, I don't see this as a woman chasing him. As Mercury is his L6, Mercury might be some dry work person. Regarding your question, I'd also look to his L5, Venus, but Saturn does not receive her, either. I'd say this is a guy on his own and maybe not inclined for romance due to his 12th house station. Does that help?