World Cup 2018

I haven't had any time to look at this so far this time, but in case anyone else has, or I get a few moments this weekend , here is the thread for predictions and other astrological insights
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

Good day!
Thank you, Amelia, for opening the thread. I see that there are not many willing to try their luck in predicting the winner of the World Cup. As I have no time for delving into dozens of charts and applying complicated techniques, I will try to predict the winner of the World Cup from the charts for the opening game and the final.

The opening game is played on June 14 at 6.00 PM (GMT + 3 h), at the Luzhniki Stadium (55N42 57 37E33 14') in Moscow.

In the chart, the 20th degree of Scorpio is rising and the Sun is the hour ruler. The chart is radical owing to the agreement between the lord of the rising sign (Mars) and the hour ruler (Sun). Retrograde Jupiter, the lord of the fourth house, is rising in the chart. Jupiter principally signifies blue colours. There are no teams with purple or lush green kits. The only team wearing blue and having reasonable chances to lift the trophy is France. The hour ruler Sun signifies yellow and orange colours. The only team wearing yellow and having reasonable chances to lift the trophy is Brazil. But the Sun is close to the cusp of the unfortunate 8th house which does not bode well for lifting the trophy.

The final game is played on June 15 at 6.00 PM (GMT + 3 h), at the Luzhniki Stadium (55N42 57 37E33 14') in Moscow.

In the chart, the 11th degree of Sagittarius is rising and Mercury is the hour ruler. The chart is not radical. If we judge by the hour ruler, Mercury in Leo could be Brazil. Brazil is a Virgo country and Mercury in Leo supports the Sun. Brazil is wearing a yellow kit. Libra on the MC, could be Argentina, but Venus is in Virgo, the fall sign of Venus. Venus, the lady of the 10th house, is also an argument for Brazil to lift the trophy. Sagittarius rising could be Spain (Spain is a Sagittarius country) but Mars, the ruler of the Red Fury, is week in the chart. The Moon in Leo, together with Mercury, the hour ruler, could be an argument for France. France is a Leo country. I noticed that after 8.00 PM Jupiter is culminating in the chart. Jupiter has turned direct. Jupiter signifies blue colours. France is wearing a blue kit. My current pick is France to lift the trophy. As regards the runner-up, I should have second thoughts.

The opening game: Russia – Saudi Arabia
Odds: Russia: 1.44; draw: 4.33; Saudi Arabia: 10.00. As one judge by the odds, Russia is a strong favourite. There are no specific considerations. Russia is signified by Mars, the ruler of the first house. Saudi Arabia is Venus (they are nicknamed the “Green Falcons???) or the Moon (provided they wear their first kit which is white). The 12th part of the IC degree falls in Leo, in the bounds of Jupiter, who is rising in the chart. I do not expect surprises.

Janis,

There is a minor typing error in your post :)

The final is, of course on 15 July (not June). Fortunately, you seem to have set the chart correctly for July.

Thanks for the interesting post.

GB

I'm not predicting any of these matches, but here is Lee Lehman's process...for the record.

Good luck assigning 1st & 7th cusps to which team...

Egypt v Uruguay

-Libra Rising: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 7th cusp in 4th house: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Aquarius on 4th House Cusp and Saturn is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of Asc square Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of Asc conj MC: 4 Points for Away Team.

1st House Wins

Morocco v IR Iran

-Saturn in 2nd house: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Pisces on 4th House Cusp and Jupiter is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp conj Asc: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp sextile MC: 4 Points for Home Team.

7th House Wins

Portugal v Spain

-Saturn in Capricorn, in retrograde motion, and Capricorn rising: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 7th cusp in 7th house: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 1st in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Capricorn Rising and Saturn Retrograde: 3 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of Asc conj Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp square MC: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of Asc sextile MC: 4 Points for Away Team.

1st House Wins
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

If am I right, Jupiterhead predicted Egypt's victory.

Eqypt - Uruguay
Odds: 9.00 4.00 1.50. As one can judge by odds, Uruguay is a strong favourite.
I expect Egypt to wear red, while Uruguay light blue or white.

The chart is for June 15, 5.00 PM (GMT + 5 h), Yekateringburg (Cetral Stadium 56N 49 57; 60E 34 25).

In the chart the 6th degree of Scorpio is rising and Mercury is the hour ruler. The chart is not radical. Mercury rules the 11th house and the 8th house. Both Mars (Egypt) and Venus (Uruguay) occupy the stakes and are in applying opposition. The 12th part of the IC degree falls inside the declining 12th house in the bounds of Mercury. The Sun, from a double bodied sign (Gemini) casts a trigonal aspect to the place of the 12th part of the IC degree. Aspect from a double-bodied sign could mean many goals (at least two but usually over 2.5). Aspect from such places quite often indicate a draw, in particular if the point of the 12th part of IC falls in the bounds of Mercury, are aspected by Mercury or a planet in a double bodied sign or in the bounds of Mercury. Although a possibility for a draw (for example, 2:2) is high, I aspect the favourite to win the game.

Marocco - Iran

Odds 2.35 3.00 4.00

Expected colours: Morocco - red (Mars); Iran - white (Moon).

The game is played on 15 June, 6 PM, Krestovsky Stadium (59N 58 23 30E 13 14) in Saint Petersburg.

In the chart the 13th degree of Scorpio is rising and the Moon rules the hour. Although the chart is radical due to the humour agreement between the rising sign Scorpio and the Moon (both are cold and wet), Scorpio is the fall sign of the Moon which complicates prediction process.

Scorpio ASC is favourable for Morocco wearing red. Mars is in a stake, in sect under the horizon in a day chart. Jupiter, disposed by Mars, could also support Mars (Morocco). The 12th part of the IC degree falls in Taurus (in the 7th house) in the bounds of Mars. There are no aspects to the point of the 12th part of the IC degree. The bounds of Mars could be supportive for Morocco, but the problem is that the bounds are in the 7th house which supports the nominal away team (Iran). The Moon is the hour ruler which is a good testimony for Iran. But the Moon is rather week accidentally being not far from the cusp of the declining 9th house and without upcoming aspects until she leaves Cancer. I should say that the chart is contraversial. Book makers are leaning towards draw. There are very good arguments that it could be the case. The bounds of the point of the 12th part of the IC degree are not aspected by any planets. Empty bounds usually indicate a draw. If I am forced to make a pick, I would say Morocco.

Jupiterhead wrote:I'm not predicting any of these matches, but here is Lee Lehman's process...for the record.

Good luck assigning 1st & 7th cusps to which team...

Egypt v Uruguay

-Libra Rising: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 7th cusp in 4th house: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Aquarius on 4th House Cusp and Saturn is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of Asc conj MC: 4 Points for Away Team.

1st House Wins

Morocco v IR Iran

-Saturn in 2nd house: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Pisces on 4th House Cusp and Jupiter is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp conj Asc: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp sextile MC: 4 Points for Home Team.

7th House Wins

Portugal v Spain

-Saturn in Capricorn, in retrograde motion, and Capricorn rising: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 7th cusp in 7th house: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Ruler of 1st in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Capricorn Rising and Saturn Retrograde: 3 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of Asc conj Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp square MC: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of Asc sextile MC: 4 Points for Away Team.

1st House Wins
But there`s no home team here

Portugal - Spain

Odds: 4.35 3.25 2.05.
Venue: First Olympic Sochi (43N 24 08; 39E 57 02)
Portugal: red - Mars;
Spain: white - Moon.

In the chart, 10th degree of Capricorn is rising. Capricorn on the ASC is a good sign for Portugal. Mars exalts in Capricorn. Mars is conjunct South Node in the chart, but since Portugal is an underdog, we should not see it as an affliction. Moreover, Mars will rise in the chart at the end of the game. The Moon is angular in her own sign Cancer. The 12th part of the IC degree falls in the 7th house, in the bounds of Mercury. The bounds are aspected by retrograde Jupiter. Jupiter is the dispositor of Mars and it could be a testimony for Portugal. But on the other hand, Spain is a Sagittarius country. From such perspective it is a testimony for Spain. Although I am not convinced as they are conflicting testimonies, my pick would be Spain.

France - Australia
Odds: 1.25 7.50 11.00
Venue: Kazan Arena (55N 49 14 49E 09 40)
Time: 13:00 (GMT + 3h)
Kits: France - blue (Jupiter); Australia - yellow (Sun).

10th degree of Libra is rising and the Moon rules the hour. There are no specific considerations. The 12th part of the IC degree falls in the bounds of Mercury (Gemini). When Mercury rules the bounds of the 12th part, it is an argument for a draw. The bounds are aspected by sextiles of Moon and Venus. France is a strong favourite, therefore a draw is unlikely even if there are strong indications for it.

Argentina - Iceland
Odds: 1.33 5.50 11:00
Venue: Otkrytie Arena Moscow (55N 49 04 37E 26 24)
Time 16:00 (GMT+3h)
Kits: Argentina - white/light blue (Venus); Iceland - blue (Jupiter)

The second degree of Scorpio is rising and Jupiter rules the hour. Jupiter, as the hour ruler, is good for Iceland but it is not enough for an upset. Venus has a close square to the rising degree. She is with the Moon. The 12th part of the IC degree falls in the 9th house, in Cancer, in the bounds of Venus. The bounds are not aspect by any planet. Perhaps Iceland could score a goal but not more. I do not expect surprises.

Peru -Denmark
Odds 3.25 3.30 2.40
Venue: Mordovia Arena (54N 10 58 45E 12 45
Kits: Peru - white (Moon); Denmark - red (Mars)

In the chart 9th degree of Sagittarius is rising and the Sun rules the hour. The chart is radical by triplicity, an indication for a draw. The Moon and Mars are in applying opposition. The Sun, as the hour ruler, supports the Moon as he receives the Moon in Leo. The 12th part of the IC degree falls in Leo, in the bounds of Mercury. Mercury is in Cancer supporting the Moon. Overall, the Moon (Peru) appears to better supported in the chart. Considering that there are not strong afflictions to Mars, I would support a draw.

Janis Valkovskis wrote:Good day!
Thank you, Amelia, for opening the thread. I see that there are not many willing to try their luck in predicting the winner of the World Cup. As I have no time for delving into dozens of charts and applying complicated techniques, I will try to predict the winner of the World Cup from the charts for the opening game and the final.

The opening game is played on June 14 at 6.00 PM (GMT + 3 h), at the Luzhniki Stadium (55N42 57 37E33 14') in Moscow.

In the chart, the 20th degree of Scorpio is rising and the Sun is the hour ruler. The chart is radical owing to the agreement between the lord of the rising sign (Mars) and the hour ruler (Sun). Retrograde Jupiter, the lord of the fourth house, is rising in the chart. Jupiter principally signifies blue colours. There are no teams with purple or lush green kits. The only team wearing blue and having reasonable chances to lift the trophy is France. The hour ruler Sun signifies yellow and orange colours. The only team wearing yellow and having reasonable chances to lift the trophy is Brazil. But the Sun is close to the cusp of the unfortunate 8th house which does not bode well for lifting the trophy.

The final game is played on June 15 at 6.00 PM (GMT + 3 h), at the Luzhniki Stadium (55N42 57 37E33 14') in Moscow.

In the chart, the 11th degree of Sagittarius is rising and Mercury is the hour ruler. The chart is not radical. If we judge by the hour ruler, Mercury in Leo could be Brazil. Brazil is a Virgo country and Mercury in Leo supports the Sun. Brazil is wearing a yellow kit. Libra on the MC, could be Argentina, but Venus is in Virgo, the fall sign of Venus. Venus, the lady of the 10th house, is also an argument for Brazil to lift the trophy. Sagittarius rising could be Spain (Spain is a Sagittarius country) but Mars, the ruler of the Red Fury, is week in the chart. The Moon in Leo, together with Mercury, the hour ruler, could be an argument for France. France is a Leo country. I noticed that after 8.00 PM Jupiter is culminating in the chart. Jupiter has turned direct. Jupiter signifies blue colours. France is wearing a blue kit. My current pick is France to lift the trophy. As regards the runner-up, I should have second thoughts.

The opening game: Russia – Saudi Arabia
Odds: Russia: 1.44; draw: 4.33; Saudi Arabia: 10.00. As one judge by the odds, Russia is a strong favourite. There are no specific considerations. Russia is signified by Mars, the ruler of the first house. Saudi Arabia is Venus (they are nicknamed the “Green Falcons???) or the Moon (provided they wear their first kit which is white). The 12th part of the IC degree falls in Leo, in the bounds of Jupiter, who is rising in the chart. I do not expect surprises.
You mean England will lose the final to france? OMG