Daylight saving time in a electional chart

Hello!
I've selected a time to begin a venture, but I forgot the daylight saving time.
Venus will be in the first house about 5 o'clock. But calculating the time if I was not during Daylight Saving, I should launch at 4 o'clock.
BUT ... about 4 o'clock Venus will be in the second house!
I mean, if I begin about 5 o'clock, it seems perfect for me, but sound like it's wrong time due to Daylight Saving.
What time should I consider?

I supppose it depends on your methods. Astro.com takes into account daylight savings at 2 am, so a chart at 1 am is exactly the same as 2 am. Astrology is divination and we assign its meaning, so using the standard daylight savings switch at 2 am makes sense to me.

Tanit3333 wrote:I supppose it depends on your methods. Astro.com takes into account daylight savings at 2 am, so a chart at 1 am is exactly the same as 2 am. Astrology is divination and we assign its meaning, so using the standard daylight savings switch at 2 am makes sense to me.
Hi,
Astro.com and the program Janus don't change the selected hour, but a website from my country adjusts it backwards in one hour, and this is the reason I'm confused.

Re: Daylight saving time in a electional chart

Miss Watson wrote: I've selected a time to begin a venture
You are decided, to start you adventure with the given 'original' chart.
Well, calculate again with the correct winter time a chart for that date.

If this is not identical with your original, note whether the AC is too early or too late.

Accordingly calculate again one hour earlier or later, to get the same chart as the original. The time given then by the programme will be the correct time to start your adventure.

Provided that your programme is adjusted for the correct winter time.

Hi,
Astro.com and the program Janus don't change the selected hour, but a website from my country adjusts it backwards in one hour, and this is the reason I'm confused
I attempted a chart yesterday for March 11th and the chart at 1 am is the same at 2 am. The website is programmed to adjust for daylight savings.

According to Astro.com, in "Birth Data Entry" I calculated the exact hour (same minutes) in four ways:
In "time zone / daylight time"
I've chose "manual time zone settings" and "Automatic time zone". The result:
Manual time zone: Hour X: The Ascendent is at 15°
Automatic time zone: Hour X: The Ascendent is at 2°
Manual time zone: Hour Y (one hour later, as if were daylight saving time): The Ascendent is at 28°
Automatic time zone: Hour Y (one hour later, as if were daylight saving time): The Ascendent is at 15°

According to Sylvia de Long, in the book "The Art of Horary Astrology in Practice", if daylight saving time is in effect, you should subtract one hour from the official question time for Standard Time.
I wonder if we should take into account the fact the Daylight Saving time had been implemented recently. :???:

Again, it is divination, not a science and we assign the information that we follow and there is a lot of flexibility regarding techniques. Collectively, we all use daylight savings now, so why would we ignore it in a chart?

Tanit3333 wrote:Again, it is divination, not a science and we assign the information that we follow and there is a lot of flexibility regarding techniques. Collectively, we all use daylight savings now, so why would we ignore it in a chart?
Yeah, it makes sense.
Thank you!