european union and currency

here are a couple of specific charts to start the ball rolling on understanding the bigger cycles that might be moving history with regard to the european union.. there are probably other ones too, but these are a couple to start with..

it is interesting how the euro currency chart has north node in leo, which is what we have at present.. also of note is the transit of saturn and the station of saturn that happened fairly close to the 10 cap sun in the euro currency chart.. also of note is the recent transit of uranus on the saturn in the euro currency chart.. of course uranus is now into taurus, but it was in a station on the 26 degree aries as memory serves, not that long ago...

i suspect when saturn gets to the later part of capricorn - on the euro currency venus at 25 cap and square the natal saturn at 26 aries - the position of the euro currency will be much more challenged... venus in the natal chart is the ascendant and 8th house ruler... it seems very challenged natally and i suspect this will become very apparent in another 1-2 years time..

as for the treaty of rome chart - it is a noon time chart in the absence of knowing the time of the day when the treaty was signed... it is hard to know what to make of the chart at first or second glance...

Good one James.

1/ As to the Treaty of Rome, it was signed on the 25th March 1957 but came into force on the 1st Jan 1958. Would it be unreasonable you assume that would have been at Midnight ?

These are the tough questions I gave up on a few years ago.

"France, West Germany, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands began negotiating the treaty. The Treaty Establishing the ECSC was signed in Paris on 18 April 1951, and entered into force on 24 July 1952. The Treaty expired on 23 July 2002, after fifty years, as was foreseen. The common market opened on 10 February 1953 for coal, iron ore and scrap, and on 1 May 1953 for steel."

Was the deal done on that day in 1957 ? Was the EU born then ?

Or was there still plenty of work to be done before the 1st Jan 1958 ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Rome

I think as the EU rolled forward an the original was amended with further Treaties we need to weave them in some how ?

2/ As to the EURO, the EURO accounting started on the day you state but the currency NOT for a while later.

I'm a great believer in Secondary Progressions of the 1 day to 1 year system. But does that work for a Country or Company ?

Further for both charts should we be trying to see the parts that make them up. Germany v France etc.

The fact that Germany mostly underwrites the EURO for example ?

3/ Interestingly my many years of "Paying Attention" to The Stars and to Earth make me believe that the EU is ruled by Neptune.

And I see that the 1958 Chart has Neptune applying to the Node, and in the decan of Pluto.

I'd imagine Neptune is the delusion of harmony, shrouding German's/ Pluto's dominance.

And we had an Eclipse recently close to n.Uranus at 10°49' Leo.

5/ I also think the sextile between Pluto and Neptune is important as it has been a theme since back in 1957 ?

H

IsisTranspluto is 25 degrees Leo 22 minutes in that Euro chart, exactly, within one degree, conjunct the Moon's North Node.

I just checked, and good that you use the Mean Node of the Moon rather than the so-called "True" Node. My experience has shown me that it is the Mean Node that works, not the "True" Node. The Moons Nodes are important and when reading other people's charts you can be misled unless you go to the hassle of looking it up to see which one they are using. In the case of 1st January 1999, the Mean Node is 24 degrees Leo 23 minutes, and the "True" Node is 22 degrees Leo 48 minutes, so the one degree conjunction of IsisTranspluto is with the Mean Node, not the "True" Node. A three degree orb wouldn't work.

I am sure the Traditional astrologers never used the "True" Moon's Nodes? Or the Indian astrologers for Rahu and Ketu, which are crucial in their system. Aren't the "True" Nodes a very recent innovation?

hi fleur,

i don't know the answer to your question on the nodes... i have gotten to this place in astrology where the exactness of something is less critical, especially with regard to the transiting nodes, or the natal nodes and how planets connect to them... i guess this is a bit of heresy for the hard core mathematicians in the crowd, but it is how i see it.. what is a couple of degrees between friends? lol..

i am curious if you could give me your rationale for using isistranspluto in charts? first off - is it an actual planet, or asteroid, or what exactly is it? i am trying to figure out how astrology got along fine without it for eons, only to find out it is your go to astro tool for explaining everything!

james_m wrote:hi fleur,

i don't know the answer to your question on the nodes... i have gotten to this place in astrology where the exactness of something is less critical, especially with regard to the transiting nodes, or the natal nodes and how planets connect to them... i guess this is a bit of heresy for the hard core mathematicians in the crowd, but it is how i see it.. what is a couple of degrees between friends? lol..

i am curious if you could give me your rationale for using isistranspluto in charts? first off - is it an actual planet, or asteroid, or what exactly is it? i am trying to figure out how astrology got along fine without it for eons, only to find out it is your go to astro tool for explaining everything!
I was thinking about your questions. Maybe I can think of better explanations later, but IsisTranspluto is very slow moving, it takes hundreds of years to complete a circuit. though it moves slowest through Virgo, where it is now, and fastest through Pisces. My experiences of using it show it to be the prime mover of all, and it accounts for the swathes of history and how we as individual fit into the bigger picture.

Likewise I have found that for the most part aspects need to be one degree orb or less, though there are circumstances that seem to make them work with slightly bigger orbs, but still three degrees is pushing it.

james_m wrote:thanks fleur... what degree is isistranspluto at now?
From my Transpluto ephemeris, 2018 May 10th 1 degree Virgo 11.5 minutes, 20th May 1 degree Virgo 11.2 minutes station to go direct. 30th May 1 degree Virgo 11.9 minutes; 9th June 1 degree Virgo 13.7 minutes; 19th June 1 degree Virgo 16.4 minutes.

It was in Leo until 2014, since 1935.