Is it a Black-Capped Vireo?

-
Is it a Black-Capped Vireo?

For days, I saw a small bird in and out of my hanging basket. The bird only comes in the earlier parts of the morning. For several days the weather was cloudy and the lighting was so bad that I couldn’t see the details. Also the bird moves very fast but it had a black face and a white wing bar.
I became very curious what kind of bird this is so I checked my bird book but failed to find the bird.

Over the weekend, my spouse joined and he spotted some white patch around the eye. But this morning for a short time we had the sun and we clearly saw yellowish green on the wings and back, two wing bars, etc.

So to make a long story short, after writing to a bird forum, within a few minutes, a bird expert contacted me and came over to my place. At the same time, I received several requests from various bird enthusiasts that they wanted to see a photo (I don’t blame them because the bird is endangered and only lives in certain areas in Mexico and some part of Texas).

I don’t have a special telescope camera to take birds so I gave my quick color pencil sketches to this expert. He liked our description of the bird and my sketch and called several of his colleagues. Soon, another expert came to join him but the bird didn’t appear again. So they told me that tomorrow morning, several more experts are coming from 7am to see the bird in question. According to the weather forecast, it will be rain, tonight and tomorrow but for these people, rain means nothing! :shock:

Back to the horary: I would say yes, it is a Black-Capped Vireo.

Pisces ascendant (my spouse and I). Jupiter in 8th approaching aspect to P of F. Cancer at the cusp of 6th. The Moon and Mercury (natural ruler of 6th) in the 11th and conjunct. It's not approaching but Mercury sextile Ascendant (The bird was here for several days). Mercury (and the Moon, natural ruler of 4th) rules my home and garden.

Not only the Moon and Mercury but all together, five planets (all Capricorn) in 11th house shows our contact with birding society -- wait, Saturn at the 11th cusp that's six planets!

Both experts told me if the bird proved to be a Black-Capped Vireo then the place will be swarmed with bird watchers. Also 2nd expert predicted that I will receive several more emails all wanting to know more details, such as the color of the bird’s eyes. (Here’s a bonus: The Moon approaching sextile to Neptune in 1st house).

I will report as soon as the verdict is in. I hope and think it is the bird. If it is the bird, then it will be the first time in California.

Data: Monday, 15 January 2018 @ 9:25am
San Francisco, California (US) 122w25, 37n47

https://i.postimg.cc/8z8t0rpg/Is-it-bla ... -15628.png
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Part of Fortune:

Thanks for posting a birding question!! :)

I think you'll know the answer soon as the Moon, ruler of 6, small animals, is applying to a sextile with Jupiter, your significator. Although in the house of Good Fortune, the Moon is in its detriment, so I wonder what that means?

It looks like you may be making lots of new long-term friends with all those planets in 11, though. :'
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

-
-

Chao moonbright,

Thanks for your reading! Just to give you a quick result -- no, it was not "the bird". :(
Three bird experts were here since yesterday afternoon and early this morning.

It was a Kinglet -- one Ruby- crowned Kinglet with a BLACK HEAD!?
(For those who are not bird watchers: Kinglets don't have black heads) Yes, very amusing, indeed.

It is an interesting case from an astrological point of view as well. Anybody like to take a look at it?

I'm going to make a watercolor drawing of what I saw and will be posting here later. It is a result of a freakish accident that nature caused (that was to blame . . . )

Hi PoF,

It is another interesting question from your side. Great !

I have noticed the below ;

Moon, the ruler of 6th, is under sun beams. It is exactly as you say. Bird is not clear to you.

And Moon is at the fall of Jupiter i.e. Below jupiter's expecatations. So, it came out to be that it is not the bird.

Jupiter trine Neptune ... Your not right guess about the bird.

Moon is in its detriment. That is interesting really . Is that for bird being with the black head and "freakish accident" ?

Cheers
Breeze

Part of Fortune wrote:
Just to give you a quick result -- no, it was not "the bird".
It is a result of a freakish accident that nature caused (that was to blame . . . )
Oh, too bad. And how weird is that?!

But on the other hand, maybe a blessing in disguise. Maybe that's why the Moon is in 11 even though it's in detriment (ie: the wrong bird is a good thing) - if it was a California first there would have been hundreds if not thousands of birders poised to descend on you - I imagine that could get pretty tedious pretty quickly.

At any rate, you gave a bunch of people a bit of a thrill - birders live for that sort of thing! :D
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

moonbright wrote:Part of Fortune wrote:
Just to give you a quick result -- no, it was not "the bird".
It is a result of a freakish accident that nature caused (that was to blame . . . )
Oh, too bad. And how weird is that?!

But on the other hand, maybe a blessing in disguise. Maybe that's why the Moon is in 11 even though it's in detriment (ie: the wrong bird is a good thing) - if it was a California first there would have been hundreds if not thousands of birders poised to descend on you - I imagine that could get pretty tedious pretty quickly.

At any rate, you gave a bunch of people a bit of a thrill - birders live for that sort of thing! :D

It's very weird, moonbright! :shock:

I think you will like my explanation of the incident, which I will post with my sketch.
I started to work on watercolor sketches and they will be posted here soon for you to see the bird -- these sketches of the bird(s) will make the situation more easy to see for those who weren't with us at the time.

Thank you for your further reading on my confused episode and pointing out about "blessing in disguise" -- really, not just first in California but one of the experts said first on the West Coast, so let's called it ten thousand!

I can't imagine them all landing here like migratory water fowls -- a sure way to upset all my neighbors and their dogs.

Breeze wrote:Hi PoF,

It is another interesting question from your side. Great !

I have noticed the below ;

Moon, the ruler of 6th, is under sun beams. It is exactly as you say. Bird is not clear to you.

And Moon is at the fall of Jupiter i.e. Below jupiter's expecatations. So, it came out to be that it is not the bird.

Jupiter trine Neptune ... Your not right guess about the bird.

Moon is in its detriment. That is interesting really . Is that for bird being with the black head and "freakish accident" ?

Cheers
Hi Breeze,

Thanks for your reply! It was a very freakish experience we had regarding this particular bird. Let me tell you, this bird is a two faced deceiver, a master trickster!!

I will tell you all a funny confused story as soon as my watercolor sketch is done. Yes, you're right, Jupiter and Neptune -- (and also Moon sextile Neptune as well). I will add Neptune to this mistaken bird identity, and I am in the mood for Uranus, and let me add Pluto and Chiron as well! (and why not. . . I'm sober!) That darn, bird! :cry:

~ stay tuned ~

Love, PoF

Is it Black-capped Vireo?

We saw an unusual bird and we (especially I) mistakenly took it as a rare and endangered bird called “Black-capped Vireo??? (the bottom left drawing) -- the mistaken bird is at the top with a full side view.

It is not a scientific drawing (anatomy is off, for instance) . . . it is just a light watercolor sketch but you can see and compare these three different birds.

It turned out according to the experts that what I saw was just a local bird called “Ruby Crowned Kinglet??? (bottom right sketch).

But as I mentioned earlier, Kinglets don’t have black heads. The male has a red patch at the top of its head but usually that is not too visible. Furthermore, they don’t have prominent black side streaks running down the body (I call it freckle streaks) -- such as this particular bird I saw. It was a very slim bird not like a kinglet you see on the internet photos, which is a tiny puffed up cutie (now, don’t get me wrong -- this one was cute!).

According to one of the experts who came to my place, some Kinglets do have black faces (the areas around their beaks). The birds stick their head into a Eucalyptus (non-native trees with many varieties) searching for insects such as aphids and the poor birds’ feathers get gummed up from the oil. He said that he had never seen a bird with so much Eucalyptus staining on its head.

He was wondering how Eucalyptus native birds (such as in Australia, etc.) are able to avoid getting black faces -- would anybody from that area of the world or any other location answer that for us? (Thanks!)

His explanation was so convincing. So it is a Kinglet then . . . wait a minute, I asked him “how do you explain the black streaks running down the side of its body? The kinglets don’t have that???.

Again, his theory was a good one. He seems have an innate built-in horary chart in his bones. Because here, what I had experienced was in my opinion “a very weird accident of nature??? (really, my partner saw it also, it wasn’t just me!).

However, it will be a bit more to explain so I will do it later.
Please stay with me, thanks!

-

A mystery continued . . .

As I was saying, if our black headed bird is a ruby crowned kinglet (“Ruby???), then how and why does it have multiple freckle streaks, not to mention yellow around the upper side body?

The expert said, “I’ve seen yellow color around some kinglets.??? His theory about freckle streaks was that the bird’s feathers might have been wet. By Jove! That reminded me that the other day, my partner said he spotted Ruby about to go into a birdbath (a small one we have in our patio) but somehow something startled the bird and he/she flew away.

Suppose Ruby had a bath earlier . . . Ruby when we got our best view was facing towards the south, the sun was southeast and hitting Ruby’s chest, hence the overlapping of feathers caused by wetness cast multiple shadows.

If we had seen Ruby a few more times under the sunlight, we might have not seen freckle streaks, but unfortunately we only saw it once! Therefore, I suppose the weather is the cause? So could it be first house (weather)? Mercury (weather)?

Of course if necessary, I could always blame it on poor Ruby! As Breeze pointed out, the Moon is detriment and still under sunbeam. Also Neptune in own sign sextile the Moon (Ruby) or is it Jupiter (me) trine Neptune – that is, my own confusion is the source of the chaos . . .

What do you think?

Hi Part of Fortune:

I was looking at the chart again and I saw something I hadn't before - look at the DSC! Do you see it?? :D

moonbright wrote:Hi Part of Fortune:

I was looking at the chart again and I saw something I hadn't before - look at the DSC! Do you see it?? :D
YES! The lord of 11th, Saturn trine to Dsc. Yay :'

And other planets in 11th house -- the lord of 7th, Mercury trine . . . and also the lord of 5th, the Moon or am I missing something ?? (Oh, don't tell me I'm combusted and can't see what you are pointing at). :???:

A few minutes ago, I replied to another post talking about an 11th house matter so my mind is full of 11th house, therefore I'm quite focused on the 11th house.