31/01/2018 - Where does the US Dollar go from here ?

So Umph ?

A few years ago the Dollar Basket went as low as about 76.00, or 78.00. Then it went as high as about 105.00.

Now it is around 89.00.

I suppose you could say it has found its mark.

However many believe a serious Economic Collapse must come and then we'd see the Dollar move and Gold move.

The normal wisdom is that Gold would rise and the Dollar fall, but actually that just tends to be in the beginning until people get seriously frightened and then they rush to US Government Bonds, and that supports the Dollar.

Government Bonds are literally promises by a Government to pay back those who will buy the Bond (lend the money) an interest rate.

The belief is that a Country like the USA or Germany, or Switzerland or Sweden or Japan won't default as they are stable places.

So buying Bonds is sort of the safest place to store your Wealth.

So I'm NOT sure where to start with this one except somebody I know, who spotted and publicised the move from 78 to 100, feels that this year we'll see the Dollar moving towards 105.

So just trying to spot that Turning Point.

Hum ? Hum ? Hum ?

Any ideas ?

H

a joker

Surely the joker in the pack is the rise of crypto currencies. I am no currency expert. To say the least. But Bitcoin, and what will replace it as an improved crypto system, will shake the currency market like a 9.6 earthquake.

But Bitcoin, and what will replace it as an improved crypto system, will shake the currency market like a 9.6 earthquake
The central banks won't allow it. And neither will governments because they see cryptocurrencies as putting consumers at risk and it could also serve as a vehicle for tax evasion and money laundering.

Even after ten years of Bitcoin, it has yet to establish itself as a reliable means of payment.
Verum e

ModWasp wrote:

Even after ten years of Bitcoin, it has yet to establish itself as a reliable means of payment.
That's a bit unfair...

Bitcoin only became mainstream around July 2016.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Any ideas on what is driving the US Dollar Basket ?

Trump certainly talked it down with his Big spend, Big Borrow White Paper earlier this week.

So that begins to give me a clue.

It certainly has been loosing value pretty well since he got into the White house.

Er ? Um ?

So if Trump goes then maybe the US Dollar rises ?

Don't rule it out with The Node applying to his n.Pluto late April.

H